Burke

BrandoFan

can't throw, can't hold on to the relay throw home (multiple times), unbelivable bad hitter and a slow runner.

At least Davis can play D. and has some (if undeveloped) talent.

That GIDP he hit into almost cost the Sox this game.

Burke is a backup... Davis should start IMO...

Give him a shot, you never know if he wont turn around his hitting and do better for us, and yeah at least he can play some D..

Let Burke come off the bench

With Walker seemingly preaching the long ball, at least Davis could make his at bats exciting. After all, mile high pop ups can sometimes drop for an infield single :lolhitting

But anyone has to be better than Burke behind the plate. I wonder if Brook Fordyce wants to come back to the Southside??? :huh

i would stick with burke for now..its his first chance at starting in the bigs...thats a big adjustment for catchers...he has to learn the whole league and try and fit in with our pitchers....if in two weeks we dont see any improvement in that time then id explore other options...but lets give him a little more time

can't throw, can't hold on to the relay throw home (multiple times), unbelivable bad hitter and a slow runner.

At least Davis can play D. and has some (if undeveloped) talent.

That GIDP he hit into almost cost the Sox this game.

For Once Brando I have to say I ENTIRELY agree with you... :o

FIrst off Burke's ability to call a 'good game' what exactly merits calling a good game and how do we know that he can do such things?

Secondly, his hitting is well about as bad as it gets...a slow roller to the left side or a flare to the right side is about all I have seen him produce thusfar...

Not to be nitpicky but he should have pounced on that bunt single that Pat Borders had tonight...instead of making Buerhle have to try fielding it...and I have yet to see him throw out a baserunner!!

Burke seems like a real good guy, I admire his heart and love for the game, I would never question a guy who is willing to stick it out in the minor leagues for 10 plus seasons and wish him all the best...but I think his best is as a backup lets give Davis a chance out there!

Okay, i am done

For Once Brando I have to say I ENTIRELY agree with you... :o

FIrst off Burke's ability to call a 'good game' what exactly merits calling a good game and how do we know that he can do such things?

Secondly, his hitting is well about as bad as it gets...a slow roller to the left side or a flare to the right side is about all I have seen him produce thusfar...

Not to be nitpicky but he should have pounced on that bunt single that Pat Borders had tonight...instead of making Buerhle have to try fielding it...and I have yet to see him throw out a baserunner!!

Burke seems like a real good guy, I admire his heart and love for the game, I would never question a guy who is willing to stick it out in the minor leagues for 10 plus seasons and wish him all the best...but I think his best is as a backup lets give Davis a chance out there!

Okay, i am done

There are reasons that 30 year old players are still in the minors, and they aren't because there are too many good catchers already in the majors. Burke hits the ball with the authority of a man using a broken tennis racket, but what sours me most about him is not MAKING THE GODDAMN TAG AT HOME, which he has been guilty of at least twice in the last couple of weeks. That's as basic a skill as a catcher needs to have, and when you screw it up, you turn an out into a run.

I just don't get why Davis hasn't been given a shot...

I mean at least give him a few starts to see what he can do...

At worst he's a defensive improvment over Burke and the offense is a wash...

Ben Davis hasn't hit the weight of a fly let along his own weight. The guy gives the Mendoza line a new and lower standard of measurement. I think he needs to work with Walker, et al, to figure out some way to improve his hitting. I am not impressed with Burke and his catching skills either. I am wondering if there might be a move made by KW to add an experienced catcher wioth some pop in his bat. Charles Johnson is most likely available again.

Ben Davis hasn't hit the weight of a fly let along his own weight. The guy gives the Mendoza line a new and lower standard of measurement. I think he needs to work with Walker, et al, to figure out some way to improve his hitting. I am not impressed with Burke and his catching skills either. I am wondering if there might be a move made by KW to add an experienced catcher wioth some pop in his bat. Charles Johnson is most likely available again.

The point that i'm making is I don't care if Davis hits .050 or lower.

If his defense is better then Burke's at this point until we aquire a better catcher Davis should be the one splitting time with Sandy.

Just give him one series!

It's not like the catcher position has carried this team offensively.