Leadoff hitter?

The Beast

in my opinion, your crazy.  Aurilia had one good season in 2001.  hes not even a leadoff hitter

Alright, well, then excuse me, maybe a nice bat? I don't know, but I have a feeling he'll end up in the AL Central, somewhere, somehow.

ive heard some good things about aurilia being a real positive influence in the clubhouse..a real professional who is a great leader...from a chemistry standpoint he might not be a bad pick up...dont really know how he would fit in though..wish he batted left handed

There are only 3 Mariners I would really want to get: Ichiro(not a chance in hell), Piniero(struggling, but would be a hell of a 4th starter, nice stuff. Not likely to move), and Guardado(maybe). The rest of the team is either too old and fading or do not possess a whole lot of talent.

Hey, Kenny could haved traded Anderson and Sweeney for him if they would throw in an overpaid .500 pitcher.

Holy s*** Socks get over the f***ing trade already. s***. Your last ten posts have been about the trade. Get over it - better yet, become a Mariner fan if you love those two so damn much,

Sorry if the post is a bit odd, I've had a little drinky-drinky tonight.

Hey, Kenny could haved traded Anderson and Sweeney for him if they would throw in an overpaid .500 pitcher.

Get Over it.

Trade him for Reed and Olivo.

The original question here is who is better. Anderson or Reed. I would have liked to have found out the easy way, by having them in the same outfield for years. Now I fear that we will trade Anderson for an overpaid .500 pitcher -- either this year or next.

Yeah, let's have a trade and give up Anderson and Sweeney. Sure. That would fix everything.

Anderson has played well since we signed him last year. I wonder if we trade him this year or next.

I wonder if you like the trade or not...

Please shut up. Don't even post here anymore if all your going to talk about is a trade that you think was bad. If your going to do that just go away.

There are only 3 Mariners I would really want to get: Ichiro(not a chance in hell), Piniero(struggling, but would be a hell of a 4th starter, nice stuff. Not likely to move), and Guardado(maybe). The rest of the team is either too old and fading or do not possess a whole lot of talent.

How about Olivo and Reed.. :ph34r: :lol:

Please shut up.  Don't even post here anymore if all your going to talk about is a trade that you think was bad.  If your going to do that just go away.

This trade will be an intersting one to look at a couple years down the line. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. I was personally in favor of the trade, but I want to see how Reed and Olivo will develop.

I'd take Olivo back, but we would have to give up Anderson and/or Sweeney. :lol: I don't care about Reed at all. Although I haven't seen him play everything I've read seems to suggest he's someone who is okay at everything, but he can hit for a solid average and has a decent eye. IMHO he's not going to be anything spectacular that we are going to regret trading. As for the .500 pitcher thing, with that ERA, what do you think his record would have been if we had him all year? Buehrle is 9-2, Loaiza is 8-4, both have higher ERA. Even his "horrendous" stats last year, (4.52 ERA, numerous solid starts after the break, 2-3 shellings jacked up his second half ERA) would be an upgrade over our 4 and 5 starters(and Esteban the way he is pitching recently).

This trade will be an intersting one to look at a couple years down the line. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. I was personally in favor of the trade, but I want to see how Reed and Olivo will develop.

Personally, I'm in favor of this trade and I love what kenny did, even though it is hard to give up jeremy and miguel but that's not the point of my post. If your for the trade....great, if your against it..... thats fine but it's absolutely ridiculous for old socks to have everyone of his posts bashing kw for this trade.