Does Mark have a shot at 20 Wins...

AngelasDaddy0427

I said this before, THERE ARE MORE THAN 55 MORE GAMES LEFT SO HE COULD 11 MORE WINS.

Ok. I read it wrong. But i still dont think he will get 20 wins this year though. He should have about 15 more starts and he can only get 4 losses and no decisons in those 15 so he would have to get pretty lucky.

Ok. I read it wrong. But i still dont think he will get 20 wins this year though. He  should have about 15 more starts and he can only get 4 losses and no decisons in those 15 so he would have to get pretty lucky.

He has a shot at getting 20 though. But let’s not forget how many No Decisions he got in the last days of April and in the beginning of May. I remember he had that 1-1 record for some time which really didn't help him.

Don't forget the shortened rotation that the Sox have already had, plus the fact that most 1-3 starters get between 34-35 starts per year.

In the past 4 years, Mark has had 32 (2001), 35 (2002), 34 (2003), and 19 (2004) starts.

In his 19 starts this year, he's gone 9-2 with 8 no decisions. He has 14-16 starts left, assuming he stays healthy. He'll need to go 11-3 - 11-5 in those starts to reach 20 wins.

Incidentally, the team is 5-3 in the games in which he's had no decision.

He's already gotten no-decisions in 3 or 4 games that he should have won, so had he gotten one or two of those, he'd have a lot better shot. I'd say there is a decent shot if he keeps rolling after the AS Break...

Don't forget the shortened rotation that the Sox have already had, plus the fact that most 1-3 starters get between 34-35 starts per year.

In the past 4 years, Mark has had 32 (2001), 35 (2002), 34 (2003), and 19 (2004) starts.

In his 19 starts this year, he's gone 9-2 with 8 no decisions. He has 14-16 starts left, assuming he stays healthy. He'll need to go 11-3 - 11-5 in those starts to reach 20 wins.

Incidentally, the team is 5-3 in the games in which he's had no decision.

So the team is 14-5 in games started by MB. That's almost 75%. You can't expect more than that from a starting pitcher.