Something I Thought Of

clujer420

Which of the Following Is MOST Likely to Happen in 2003?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Following Is MOST Likely to Happen in 2003?

• A Sox Pitcher Throwing A No-Hitter
    • A Sox Hitter Hitting For The Cycle
    • A Sox Player Hitting 4 HR In 1 Game
    • A Sox Player Hitting 50 Or More HR For The Season
    • Colon And Buehrle Combining For 45 Wins
    • Koch Getting 50 Saves

It's hard to come up with that many options, heh...

Anyway, I'd personally have to go with the no-hitter. The reason is because I think we've got 2 guys who legitimately can go out and dominate for 9 innings everytime they go to the hill. They do it in very different ways (finesse vs. power), but they are equally as effective.

I think the least likely would probably be Koch getting 50 saves. Not because he's not a solid closer, because he is. I just don't think he'll get enough opportunities. Even in our great season of 2000, Keith Foulke (who was the #2 or #3 closer that year) only had in the mid-to-upper-40's in terms of opportunities.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out a question that I haven't seen asked yet. :)

Actually....I can't remember for sure, but off the top of my head, didn't Foulke only save 34 games or so in 2000, and then like 42 in 01?

Anyways, I voted for cycle...and if we could vote twice, I'd vote for a no-no too....we got 4 guys who, when pitch they have their A game, could all give up very few hits....Buehrle threw a 1-hitter against Tampa in 01, Garland gave up 1 hit through 8 against Boston last year, and Wright only gave up like 5 hits against Texas once last year(not that great....but it's decent and is kind of close atleast).

I could see Colon, Buehrle and Garland complimenting each other very well....and it was nice to see Jon throw the ball well today again. He's gonna be a hell of a pitcher

what nI'd like to see most is one (or more) Sox batters hit over 50 since that would mean we win some games -

as well, the MB and Colon combo doing well means wins where it counts -

I'd prefer that over a no hitter which is cool but only 1 win.

A Sox player hitting 50+ HR's is most likely to happen. Both Frank and Maggs could do it. Koch getting 50 saves is possible as long as JM sticks with him as the closer. A player hitting for the cycle is just slightly more probable than a pitcher throwing a no-hitter. And Colon and Buehrle would have to both have career years to combine for 45 wins..... but, it is still possible..... especially with the expected offensive output. I guess, when all is said and done, this team (on paper at least) could achieve all of the milestones polled for.

maybe we should add carlos lee going the whole season without getting picked off :lol:

watch CLee hit 50 and get picked off just once!

It would be so wild to see CLee, Maggs, Frank, and PK all hit 50 - the national media would be tripping all over themselves "discovering" the White Sox -

It was a tough choice but I went with the 50 saves. We are going to be really good this year and I think itll be possible for Koch to get that many. A good enough pitcher on any team can throw a no-hitter but you have to be on a really good team to get 50 saves...

Guest hotsoxchick1

as much as i would like to see us achieve all of those things.. i go with the cycle thing only because we did it once in 2000 (singleton and valentin) and i think it needs to be repeated this year.. sooner in the season the better to kind of set the tone for the rest of the season........