Magglio will be signed

ManSooLee

We will have enough for Maggs, all we have to is dump Loaiza..., attendance will be good, but no need to fill up to sign Maggs

I agree. We're drawing huge, and that's not even talking about the half-price nights. If Loaiza continues to suck, he can go get his money elsewhere. I'll be happy enough with a rotation of Garcia-Buehrle-FA Pitcher (hopefully)Garland-Diaz/Cotts.

But you know what? Screw next year. Let's worry about this year.

I agree.  We're drawing huge, and that's not even talking about the half-price nights.  If Loaiza continues to suck, he can go get his money elsewhere.  I'll be happy enough with a rotation of Garcia-Buehrle-FA Pitcher (hopefully)Garland-Diaz/Cotts.

But you know what?  Screw next year.  Let's worry about this year.

definatly agree, lets worry about NOW we got one half left and were starting it in first....lets stay that way ALCS HERE WE COME

I hope to God we keep Maggs and lose Loaiza. Maggs really makes a huge difference in our lineup, and even in the field he's decent. I can't really say the same about Loaiza. It's certainly looking more and more like he was a fluke. My vote is lose Loaiza, Shoney, Timo, and Davis, which would save about $8 mil assuming everyone is at their current salary. Then we could get a solid starter or a stud reliever.

I hope to God we keep Maggs and lose Loaiza. Maggs really makes a huge difference in our lineup, and even in the field he's decent. I can't really say the same about Loaiza. It's certainly looking more and more like he was a fluke. My vote is lose Loaiza, Shoney, Timo, and Davis, which would save about $8 mil assuming everyone is at their current salary. Then we could get a solid starter or a stud reliever.

When you put it that way......

That sounds a good, but I would like to have Timo and it wouldnt hurt to have Shoney.

Timo has come up big in tight games and is a great player off the bench and Shoney has started out good, hopefully that keeps going.

I hope attendence continues to do well. It is great to see all of these folks at the ball game on absolutly perfect days

For the last 4 days, I've driven by the Cell and have been impressed. There has hella-traffic going there and back. And when I looked into the stands, it has been for the most part full.

That sounds a good, but I would like to have Timo and it wouldnt hurt to have Shoney.

Timo has come up big in tight games and is a great player off the bench and Shoney has started out good, hopefully that keeps going.

I never would of minded Shoney except ever since he made that I want to be a starter all else I think that shows that he is not a team player.

If thats the case there is no need to have him on this team.

I got nothing against those guys, I just think they make a little more than they're worth. One of the big stats the experts like to use is value over replacement player, and I can't imagine it's too high for most of these guys. You've got to be able to find a decent defensive catcher that can hit better than Davis for less than a mil. I find it hard to believe a decent 4th outfielder has to cost $850.000, or that a long relief/starter costs you almost $2 mil. We can probably put in low salary guys(like Rauch, Borchard or Anderson, and virtually any FA catcher) and not lose a whole lot, especially if we could add a stud starter or a good setup guy.

The more Elo pitches this year, the more last year looks like a fluke. Almost all of his numbers have fallen back to very close to his career norms. If he doesn't come up big in the 2nd half, I have zero interest in resigning him for the money that he was mumbling about getting. Let him sucker the Rangers or someone else who will overpay for pitching