Am I the Only one?

T R U

G.Gonzalez 0-1 1.38 ERA 13.0 IP 22 K's 11 hits allowed 4 runs 2 earned runs 3 walks

This guy is tearing it up in Bristol, I am excited about him, im glad we drafted him!

13 ip and 11 k's .......... wow.

what was his stat at the draft, what round... etc...

It's all well and good, but I'd like to see him go deeper into games. He went 4 innings yesterday and that was his longest outing.

I don't think you will see much of that this year. With him making the jump from HS to pro ball, I think they will exersize extreme caution and keep his pitch count and innings pretty low. I think they will work him out over the winter and get him ready for 160 innings of work next year.

I don't think you will see much of that this year.  With him making the jump from HS to pro ball, I think they will exersize extreme caution and keep his pitch count and innings pretty low.  I think they will work him out over the winter and get him ready for 160 innings of work next year.

Which is good, IMO. An inning or two more in Bristol isn't worth surgery down the line. Play it safe.

This guy is tearing it up in Bristol, I am excited about him, im glad we drafted him!

hmmm... pretty sure im not going Gaga over him.. :huh:

I said im excited about him, and I like what hes done so far

This guy seems to have everything you want in a young pitcher. He looks really good. He's got a solid low 90's fastball, a wicked curve, and good control, all from a high school pitcher. How did we get a lefty like this in the sandwich picks? I'm really excited about this guys' potential, I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

Gio quit his high school team in protest over playing time for his brother I believe. That may have effected his draft position. As I recall from the draft though, the whole thing was much ado about nothing.

He looks like a stud pitcher though. Very polished for an 18 year old. And, though it is only Bristol -- success is success and this guy is kicking ass down there. I don't mind people thinking I'm gaga over the possibilities. He's a long way from the Cell but he's closer than I am.

Gio quit his high school team in protest over playing time for his brother I believe.  That may have effected his draft position.  As I recall from the draft though, the whole thing was much ado about nothing.

Actually, the coach kicked him off the team along w/ his brother b/c he didn't want to have to deal with their mother, who was constantly complaining about her son's(not gio, his bro) playing time; after one of the altercations w/ her, it became too much of a distraction for his team. None of this was really Gio's fault. It was pretty much his mom's fault. I even read somewhere that he was really angry w/ his mom b/c of her antics, which lead to his dismisal.

The Sox know he is too good for Bristol. After missing time in HS ball, they will proceed slowly with him. If he continues to dominate (and they expect he will) a promotion to Kannapolis is likely. He is not a big strong kid and has a relatively frail body, so there is no need to rush him, especially after not pitching for awhile before the draft.