White Sox History 2000

JoshPR

A key trade for talented but off injured Shortstop Jose Valentin and a on-field brawl with the Detroit Tigers brought this team togheter and when no one expected it the Sox Finished first 95-67, 5 games ahead of the Cleveland Indians, ending Cleveland’s Reign of 5 straight years winning the Central. Frank Thomas made a comeback to his old form hitting .328 while smacking 43 homers and driving in 143 runs, Magglio Ordoñez shined again with a .315 average while hitting 32 homers and driving in 126 runs. First baseman Paul Konerko (.298) had 21 homers and 97 RBI’s. Carlos Lee (.301) added 24 homers and 92 RBI’s while Shortstop Jose Valentin had the finest season of his Carrer hitting .275 adding 25 homers and 93 RBI’s. Lead off Hitter Ray Durham (.280) hit 17 homers and stole 25 bases, Chris Singleton (.254) fell off from his rookie season but added 22 steals. Another key Addition was the signing of third baseman Herbert Perry who was waived by Tampa Bay, Perry hit .308 with the Sox and played solid defense. On the Piching front Lefthander Mike Sirotka (15-10) led the team in wins and ERA (3.69) Right hander James Baldwin was 14-7 and won the all star game. Lefty Jim Parque was 13-6. Veteran Cal Eldred came back after a series of Elbow injuries to post a 10-2 record but was re-injured. 2 righthanders Kip Wells (6-9) and rookie Jon Garland (4-8) pitched well at times. In the Bullpen Bobby Howry had 7 saves starting the season as the teams closer but eventually lost his job to Keith Foulke who had 34 saves and a 2.93 ERA. Lefty Mark Buherle (4-1) came up after the all star break and helped in the pen. But the Sox who led the Major league’s in runs scored with 978 lost the Division Playoffs to the Mariners 3 games to none. After the Season manager Jerry Manuel was Named manager of the year.

Someone ought to forward it to Hawk.  Does anyone have his email?  That would be great to forward and call a gift from Soxtalk.com.  Maybe it would get us some TV pub.

Email it to him during the games when they read emails. He cant really read it but the people who look through them would have to show him

Email it to him during the games when they read emails. He cant really read it but the people who look through them would have to show him

Can you attach an image on that? I don't think you can. I think we would need his actual address, and send it as an attachement.

I wonder, how much Valentin has been injured since he has been on the Sox?

"Oft-injured" doesn't seem to apply to him as much as maybe it used to.

Ahem.... Read what it says again, What year i'm I talking about??? Wasn't he oft injured before getting to the Sox??? I'm not talking about his tenure with the sox, I'm talking that we got an Oft Injured player... ;)

1995 Injured

1996 Full Season

1997 Injured

1998 Injured and plattoned

1999 Injured...

Hmmmm isn't that Oft Injured?

Ahem.... Read what it says again, What year i'm I talking about??? Wasn't he oft injured before getting to the Sox??? I'm not talking about his tenure with the sox, I'm talking that we got an Oft Injured player...  ;)

1995 Injured

1996 Full Season

1997 Injured

1998 Injured and plattoned

1999 Injured...

Hmmmm isn't that Oft Injured?

I read correctly.. did you?

I asked if he TODAY should be considered "oft-injured".

I read correctly.. did you?

I asked if he TODAY should be considered "oft-injured".

I did read correctly, But I wasn't talking about his tenure with the Sox, I meant the Brewers before the Sox got him. HISTORY!!!

With the Sox he's had 2 trips to the DL which is good