The dingbats at my work...

Steff

Have decided to have a company BBQ. 4 groups. My group got stuck with Carribean/Jamaican food. What the hell is that...? When I went on vacation to both the carribean and jamaica all I did was drink. They have food there...?? :huh

Anyhoo.. anone have any idea's on food or decorations to make?

Have decided to have a company BBQ. 4 groups. My group got stuck with Carribean/Jamaican food. What the hell is that...? When I went on vacation to both the carribean and jamaica all I did was drink. They have food there...??  :huh

Anyhoo.. anone have any idea's on food or decorations to make?

the perfect dish for these cow-orkers would be, drum roll please.....

Jerk Chicken :D

edit to add: Kap beat me to it. boo!

Naah, I've used it in a lot of different things. What can you eat anyway, ms. allergic? it's great on steak, chicken. I know you can't have shell fish right? It's good on that too but since you can't eat it, you better not cause you'd go from a size two to a size 5 real quick. :lol:

Naah, I've used it in a lot of different things.  What can you eat anyway, ms. allergic?  it's great on steak, chicken.  I know you can't have shell fish right?  It's good on that too but since you can't eat it, you better not cause you'd go from a size two to a size 5 real quick. :lol:

:lol:

I told them if there was shrimp involved I was out of the cooking/serving detail. I guess I'm in on decorations. I'd prefer to be on bartender duty... that's still in deliberation. :drink

Gotta love this Steff:

The only unique function of the Jamaican food culture is the drinking that occurs during the reggae concerts. The concerts occur almost everywhere in smaller, more rural areas, and the Jamaicans drink a great deal of rum. Rum is an alternative income for the estates when the sugar production is not good. No religious feasting seems to occur in Jamaica, oddly enough, since a great deal of feasting tends to occur on holidays. Rum consumption is the Jamaican's main way to celebrate a festive occasion.

Caribbean food rocks. Jerk-seasoned meat is the tip of the iceberg, but good for BBQ. Cracked conch caviche with lime juice and Jamaican bird peppers and conch chowder are yummy, but not really BBQ food.

You could do some nice curried goat on the grill (or plain old beef if you want to be boring).

How about roast pork with a good caribbean spice rub? Serve that with a garlic mojo sauce and some Kalik beer and you'll be set.

Give me a week and a Charlies Angels marathon on TV Land!

:lolhitting

LOL...

Thanks for the help guys. I got several ideas from the links and I think myself and a co-worker are going to dress up as onw of those people with the fruit on their heads (do they have an official name..?). At first I thought this was going to suck.. but it looks like it's going to turn out OK.