FutureSox day by day recap

Cerbaho-WG

Day by day recap from my little vacation:

Thursday the 8th

Wake up bright and early at 3:15 A.M. and then leave for Chicago MDW at 3:45. Board my plane at 6:30, arrive at Baltimore around 9. Fly from Baltimore to Raleigh-Durham, arrived at 10:30. Jason picks us up and we head off to the town of Winston-Salem. We arrive at about 12 PM, 7 hours before the game. So what do we do to kill time? Hit up the local mall of course. As we wasted about an hour and a half at the mall, we were out of things to do. So we hop inside a bar at the mall to play some pool. By some act of God or MLB, the White Sox were playing a day game....on Thursday...on ESPN. f***ing nice. Around 4ish we head out of the mall and to Ernie Shore Field, home of the Winston-Salem Warthogs. We were greeted by Alan York who treated us like royalty. Before the game he took a picture of the 4 of us who went and later put it on the jumbotron and pubbed the website twice. We also got to stay in the press box....that means AIR CONDITIONING! Kenny Ray pitched but Winston-Salem lost. Jason and I took a ton of photos and videos of the game, and when we got done with that we scouted the crowd for hotties. Since it was $1 beer night, it wasn't too hard. We leave the field at 10:30 or so after setting up some (8) interviews. We get to our hotel room (room 420, lolozlzlzl) and get some much needed rest.

9th

For breakfast we go to the local Krispy Kreme shop. The day before Alan told us to get to the field at 2 PM, 5 hours before the game, for interviews. So Jason and I trek onto the field and hang out outside the Warthogs clubhouse. Mike Moore, Alan's assitant got us some interviews which was much, much appreciated. We interviewed Brandon McCarthy, Sean Tracey, Tyler Lumsden and Ryan Sweeney. Josh Fields agreed to an interview but had to start his stretches before I could ask him some questions. Nik Lubisich pitched, Hogs won, but the story of the night was Thomas Pauly from the Potomac Cannons. He hit 100 MPH on the gun twice, and his line went something like this: 5-2-0-0-0-6. In layman's terms that's 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO. Barring injuries, this guy is going to be good, very good. Fields and Sweeney hit jacks.

10th

For our third day we head to Kannapolis. Before that we checked out the downtown area of Charlotte....it doesn't exist. Absolutely nothing there. The game at Kanny was an interesting one. Wes Whisler pitched for the Kannapolis Intimidators, and not too well. After the Intimidators tied it in the bottom of the 9th, the rain came and came hard. The four of us escaped into the press box and later Daniel Haigwood, Mike Moat and Rafael Flores joined us. We talked a bit and then we headed out for the hotel. Kannapolis auctioned off jerseys for breast cancer research and I almost won one. Had I known I'd still have $100 bucks left over from the $500 I brought, I would have easily won one. But the Intimidators raised a good deal of money for a great cause and I can't really argue with that. Jason and I scheduled interviews with Daniel Haigwood and Micah Schnurstein for the 12th. Game is called in the 10th due to rain.

11th

We head to Fort Mill and catch the Knights doubleheader. The Knight made us custom media passes and also provided us with free lunch. Jason and I interviewed Bryant Nelson, Ryan Hankins and Gary Majewski. The Knights split the doubleheader and we headed back to the hotel. Jason and I played some Halo co-op and owned everything in sight. At 11 PM or so we went out to make a food run....and came back with 2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. Hysterical.

12th

Back to Kannapolis. Before the game, Jason and I get to go on the field and interview Haig and Schnurstein. I find a ball laying behind the center field fence and snag it. Jason and I can now say that we played catch on a professional ball field. Intimidators get shut out. During the game we meet up with Kirk Champion, roving pitching instructor for the Chicago White Sox. Very nice guy and it was cool to hear his loads of knowledge. We drive from Kannapolis to Raleigh-Durham for a new hotel stay.

13th

Home!

Highlights

Getting our names and FutureSox.com pubbed by Winston-Salem.

All of the interviews

Darren Blakely

Dwayne Pollok

Actual media pass given to us by Kannapolis

Custom media pass given to us by the Charlotte Knights

Moat and Darren Cook

Fields' bomb to dead center

Getting to actually go on the field

Everything

That is absolutely great guys, and those of us interested in the Sox minor league prospects really appreciate all the effort you put into the road trip.

Of course, I'm sure you have a little fun too, but remember to keep the receipts, a lot of this stuff could be tax deductible. You guys are credentialed media members after all.

$1 beer night ... wow. :lol: That is amazing.

You guys should tell the White Sox you've done this, and tell them you'd do it for them too. Next year you could have your whole trip comped. They are always looking for positive PR pieces, and interviews with Sox prospects are a very good way to do that. Definitely point Dave Wilder in the direction of your interviews, etc. and tell him this is a very good PR situation for the White Sox. The White Sox themselves do very little to promote their prospects, PR-wise, you have a great opportunity here.

Don't tell them about all the hotties, though :lol: :wub: :headbang

You need more info on how to do this, contact me.

halo sucks ... sons of b****es wouldn't die when I'd shoot them right in the head ... but as soon as they got one shot on me in the nuts, I was killed ... bulls***.

it was a good time though, jason and mike did some nice jobs on the interviews ... you guys will like them when you read them.

halo sucks ... sons of b****es wouldn't die when I'd shoot them right in the head ... but as soon as they got one shot on me in the nuts, I was killed ... bulls***.

it was a good time though, jason and mike did some nice jobs on the interviews ... you guys will like them when you read them.

Halo was classic, especially those sticky grenades to the groin.