Nomar to White Sox?

Buehrle>Wood

Found this interesting:

11:30  Floor Talk

Hearing the Boston Red Sox have arrangement to trade Nomar to Chicago White Sox, with White Sox to trade prospects to Arizona, who send Randy Johnson to Boston. Deal could be announced as early as tomorrow, as sources at Major League Baseball indicate they don't generally allow significant announcements day of All-Star game.

http://briefing.com/gold/indepth/inplayhourly.htm

Not sure if you can view the site or not but I will happily post a picture of the article if someone helps my computer illiterate self post a picture. If you can view the site, its a ways down.

I guess its a very professional site but it is a stock site which leaves it questionable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this interesting:

http://briefing.com/gold/indepth/inplayhourly.htm

Not sure if you can view the site or not but I will happily post a picture of the article if someone helps my computer illiterate self post a picture. If you can view the site, its a ways down.

I guess its a very professional site but it is a stock site which leaves it questionable.

:puke How about this in a three way deal, boston keeps nomar, boston gives prospects to arizona, and the white sox get rj. :ph34r: :lol:

Seriously, if we have the prospects to pry RJ away from Arizona, why wouldn't we keep him?

Maybe they had the wrong Chicago team.

Nomar adds no value to this team, so I don't think it's a deal that KW would make.

No way. Where does this leave Jose. Just doesnt make sense.

Maybe Crede or Uribe would be involved in another trade, so then Jose would play 2B or 3B, depending on who was traded. However, I doubt this trade is for real and if it is, I'd hate it 'cause I don't want Jose anywhere but SS; he's done pretty damn good there defensively this year...

Seriously, if we have the prospects to pry RJ away from Arizona, why wouldn't we keep him?

Maybe they had the wrong Chicago team.

Nomar adds no value to this team, so I don't think it's a deal that KW would make.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the answer to that

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the answer to that

Money? How does trading away young prospects for an expensive guy who is worse at a position than the guy we have, make any sense?

Getting Nomar doesn't add up one bit.

No way. Where does this leave Jose. Just doesnt make sense.

If that terrible trade would ever happen, Jose would likely DH. Moronic to remove your only power LH from the lineup.

Back to reality....

1. Valentin's defense is greater than a healthy Garciaparra. Garciaparra isn't healthy, so there's no comparison to make.

2. As Cheat has indicated, Nomars road avg. suggests he thrives off Bostons Green Monster; as many RH's do.

Furthermore,

Why would the Sox trade for a SS when holes remain unfilled in the rotation/bullpen?

Why would the Sox even factor Boston into this decision? f*** them, go for Johnson and let them rot with Ramon.

Money?  How does trading away young prospects for an expensive guy who is worse at a position than the guy we have, make any sense?

Getting Nomar doesn't add up one bit.

I agree that this sounds bogus, but adding Nomar for the rest of this year is a hell of a lot cheaper than keeping Johnson for next season. If KW feels he needs to add another piece and can't afford Johnson, maybe he can afford the rest of Nomar's contract for this year

Crappy east coast bias -- WTF would we want .254 away from Fenway Nomar for.

Nomar is recovering from injuries and is no better than Jose, and maybe worse on defense, and is a free agent at the end of the year. He wants to be with his bride on the West Coast. IOn the other hand we have Jose, who is leading SS in homers, is a steady defensive player and wants to be in Chicago and is a spark. Plus KW says he doesn't want to mess with the position players already in place. Trade better not happen and won't in my opinion.

I swear if this trade happens the season would literally be over and I would expect us to go into selling mode.

NOMAR MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE.

I HAVE ALWAYS HATED HIS OVER RATED EAST COAST A**.

I'M SORRY BUT THE VERY THOUGHT OF THIS HAS ME BOILING MAD :angry:

AGAIN :fyou NOMAR AND ALL YOUR OVERRATED EAST COAST BUDDIES.

:fight

:crying <--- me if this season ruining thing happens.

I swear if this trade happens the season would literally be over and I would expect us to go into selling mode.

I'M SORRY BUT THE VERY THOUGHT OF THIS HAS ME BOILING MAD 

AGAIN  NOMAR AND ALL YOUR OVERRATED EAST COAST BUDDIES.

:lolhitting

This is too funny. Another Soxtalk 'Instant Classic' from this sites baron of pessimistic banter.

While I don't support any trade involving Nomar, I'm interested in your reasoning for the Sox beginning "selling mode" if a trade were to happen.

that proposed trade which got on some financial website, mixed up the Sox and Cubs. It would be the Cubs involved, but supposedly they don't have any prospects in AAA who are ready, most of their hot prospects are in the lower leagues, and Arizona thinks it could contend next season, making that deal unlikely.

I'M SORRY BUT THE VERY THOUGHT OF THIS HAS ME BOILING MAD :angry:

AGAIN  :fyou NOMAR AND ALL YOUR OVERRATED EAST COAST BUDDIES.

:fight

:crying

I thought the season was already over rolleyeyes.gif

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic...=season+is+over