Nomar to White Sox?

Buehrle>Wood

I would take him if we could get him. He would bring fans with him. Nomar is beloved....he could be a superstar we could market, we really don't have one right now. Put Jose at 2B -- which he played in winter ball -- and use Uribe as a break giver. Let Uribe play four times a week. If we could sign Nomar long term. It doesn't look like we are going to resign Magglio, and I really would love to get Nomar.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take him if we could get him. He would bring fans with him. Nomar is beloved....he could be a superstar we could market, we really don't have one right now. Put Jose at 2B -- which he played in winter ball -- and use Uribe as a break giver. Let Uribe play four times a week. If we could sign Nomar long term. It doesn't look like we are going to resign Magglio, and I really would love to get Nomar.

Actually Jose plays left and Center in winterball

He played a bit of 2B last winter. I remember for a fact because there was alot of talk about him playing 2B. That was where it was looking he'd end up for this season. ;)

ahhh how can it be, he hardly played and I follow his former team, i listened to everygame and never heard him playing second

Nomar is 33, and this rumor of this deal is everywhere :ph34r: , it is on the Red Sox board, Sox board, ESPN Message Board, haven't checked ARI :ph34r: (Sorry, this smiley is awesome)

ANd I just checked ARI Message Board, it is their to :huh

Good, what is the last rumor that was posted all over that went through...we always post rumors and they never go through, i never saw a Olivo & Reed for Garcia rumor.

I dont get why we wouldnt just give AZ the prospects and take RJ instead of Nomar? Its retarded. I'd be kinda happy with the deal just because we'd get more attention and more superstar notoriety but we can also get that in RJ. Forget it, prospects to AZ for RJ....PERIOD.

I dont get why we wouldnt just give AZ the prospects and take RJ instead of Nomar? Its retarded. I'd be kinda happy with the deal just because we'd get more attention and more superstar notoriety but we can also get that in RJ. Forget it, prospects to AZ for RJ....PERIOD.

Problem with that reasoning is maybe Randy doesn't wanna play in Chicago? He does have a no-trade clause.

Just got home from work, dont' feel like reading this entire thing.......please tell me this isn't true?

There have been so many rumors involving Nomar previously. So many rumors involving the Big Unit. Just take a gander around the Red Sox and DBacks ESPN message boards and you'll lose every thought of this being true.

Nomar sucks. There is absolutely no reason to trade for him. Coming off of an injury, he is not an upgrade over Jose. Even healthy it isn't much(if any, depending on your opinion) of an upgrade. There is no way that he is worth whatever we would give up. He's trying to get $15 mil in the offseason. He's smoking some pretty strong s*** if he really thinks that he will get it. One of if not the most overrated player in the league. There are much cheaper and better alternatives if Frank is really out for the year(nothing I have read from any credible source says this). As many others have said, why would we give prospects to Arizona for RJ and then trade him to Boston? Randy wasn't even sure he was going to leave, then he is going to get traded effectively from two teams? Why would we help out someone we are competing with for the playoff spots? Makes absolutely no sense.

Nomar can hit .300, hit 20+ Home runs, drive in 100, and still play field. He may cost us but who the hell cares. Valentin hits .250 over a year and plays crappy D

Valentin is a better defender then nomar. Jose has more power then nomar and Jose is a very clutch hitter. Let boston keep nomar and his big contract.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5567

Even Rob Neyer heard about the Nomar to ChiSox so this not some area wide rumor.

I personally don't see why you all don't want him? We can use the extra money from Val at the end of the year to resign Maggs. I don't see why the hell not

Kenny, pull the trigger...NOW

How do you figure they save money by getting Nomar and letting Valentin go? Nomar is a free agent at the end of the year and is trying to get the same kind of money that Maggs is. He's making $11.5 mil this year, which is more than twice what we are paying Jose.

How do you figure they save money by getting Nomar and letting Valentin go? Nomar is a free agent at the end of the year and is trying to get the same kind of money that Maggs is. He's making $11.5 mil this year, which is more than twice what we are paying Jose.

That is what Uribe is here for. This year I am going for it, this is the year they should atleast try

I love when people say players are over rated when they are a career .323 hitter. Want to know over rated tejada.

There's a lot more to life than batting average. He's been considered one of the best shortstops in the league, which just isn't really true. That's the definition of being overrated. He's below average defensively. His errors are on par with Jose, with a lower zone rating. He gets hurt pretty much every two years. Plus, his batting stats are inflated because of the lineup(one of if not the best last year) he plays in and the park he plays in. He was hitting before Manny, which will help you out a bit. Also, Fenway is a major benefit for a player's average. In the last 3 years, he is batting .343 at home and .266 on the road. For those saying the Cell would help, it might add a few homers, but it won't help batting average. As a side note, his batting average for the last 3 years at U.S. Cellular is .176. He's a decent shortstop, but I would happily take A-Rod, Jeter, Tejada and several more over him. I certainly wouldn't give up a good package of prospects or give them RJ for him, or pay him about $5.5 mil for the rest of the year. He's gonna give us the same headache Maggs is when it comes to his contract, and he's not as good.