Bonds

DABearSoX

Yeah that is seriously a concern, 86 damn miles an hour.

He's got get up to 90 to get back to last year's form. I think I recall Steff saying he had a tendon injury or something that's affecting his velocity.

He's got get up to 90 to get back to last year's form. I think I recall Steff saying he had a tendon injury or something that's affecting his velocity.

He has lost 8 miles in less than a year, thats's not a good sign whatsoever. Because like MetalliSox said there was nothing wrong with the radar gun at all tonight.

ELO pitched him away away strike away away (I would too) then he got booed ha......very suprised to see him as the 2nd pitcher

That's been costing him this season...the pitching AWAY! Last year, he kept on going after hitters pitching in on them and that displayed some very positive results. He should go back to how he did it last year instead of looking afraid to face some of the hitters out there...then he can be as dominant as last year.

That's been costing him this season...the pitching AWAY!  Last year, he kept on going after hitters pitching in on them and that displayed some very positive results.  He should go back to how he did it last year instead of looking afraid to face some of the hitters out there...then he can be as dominant as last year.

True, but you don't pitch IN to Barry Bonds. :nono

I don't know the problem - maybe my eyes deceived me tonight, but I saw plenty of 89-90 from E-Lo tonight. I was actually very proud; a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, especially considering who he went up against, is a nice accomplishment. Plus - good to see him get Sosa out, that's always nice.

Last year, Loaiza was constantly around 90-92. This year it's 86-88. It's not as drastic as losing 8 MPH, but it is concerning...

I'd like to see Mariano Rivera face Bonds.  It would be interesting to see if he could get away with his cutter boring in on Bonds hands..

I'm guessin only Bonds and Albert Pujols would only probably be able to hit that. ;)

IMO, Esteban did great. I would rather take his performance instead of Zambrano’s since he let a RBI triple go by.

Batters Loaiza faced at the All-Star:

Edgar Renteria - Ground ball to Alex Rodriguez

Albert Pujols - Comeback ground ball!

Barry Bonds - Walk (I don’t blame him)

Scott Rolen - Single

Sammy Sosa - Ground out to Alfonso Soriano

Esteban did a great job. Every single person in the National League lineup is pretty much dangerous. E-Lo threw a scoreless inning and made the White Sox look good.

And talking about the speed of Loaiza’s pitches, I mostly saw nothing but 86-88. It seems like all he throws is that. Never have I seen him hit 94 this year. Randy Johnson who’s 40 can still throw in the 90’s and Loaiza who is just 32 is having a hard time.

IMO, Esteban did great. I would rather take his performance instead of Zambrano’s since he let a RBI triple go by.

He definitely did better than Sabathia who just got shelled. Here's Cleveland's line for the night:

C Sabathia 1 4 3 3 0 0 0 21-13 27.00

V Martinez C 0 for 1

R Belliard 2B 0 for 1, K

M Lawton CF 1 for 2, K

there other pitcher didn't get in the game...

I swear... Cleveland was practically trying to give homefield away...

who were those guys that got those hits?  I know Grace lead-off the inning.  And there was a guy from ND that got one of the big hits... anybody remember?

I think Luis Gonzalez (sorry if I misspelled) was the one that knocked in the winning run...