Roger Clemens

Save his appearance at the All Star Game, I really believe that the Rocket would look great in a Palehose uniform. Though he's getting "up" in the years, he's still dealing, much like the Unit is at his age. If Houston drops any further in the race than they already are, look for them to deal guys like him and Beltran. I'd seriously consider trying to get a Clemens to bolster our pitching staff. I know we'd most likely lose Rowand, Crede, and at least a couple prospects; however, a four-man rotation of:

Buehrle

Clemens

Garcia

Loaiza

with Garland moving to the bullpen makes our pitching staff in the playoffs LIGHTS-OUT! This pitching lineup can compete with New York and Oakland and could very well win us the whole shooting match!!!

If a deal like this is on the table, I say GO FOR IT!!!

one question why would houston trade beltran when they just got him?

Look at what place they are and tell me why they shouldn't just give up on a rental player who did jack s*** to their team

one question why would houston trade beltran when they just got him?

They mentioned it on the All Star Game broadcast tonight, and I can see some substance to that idea. They'd try to decrease their payroll and get some good prospects in return. They're virtually out of it barring a huge turn-around, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them dealing soon.

They don't have any real motivation to trade Beltran. First off, they are not that far out in the wildcard. Second, they don't save a whole lot of money by dealing him. He's making $9 mil this year, so they would save a little less than half that, even less as it gets closer to the break. That's about enough to sign a ultility infielder nowadays. Because of this, they wouldn't gain a whole lot by trading him unless they get some solid prospects in return. I doubt they will get any considering anyone trading for him knows he is gone at the end of the year. Plus, they would really look stupid if they traded him for less than they gave up. However, if they continue to tumble and they get a decent offer from a desperate contender, he may go. I'm just not sure how likely that is.

I highly doubt Clemens would go anywhere. He barely came back to pitch this year, and he made an exception to pitch in his hometown on the same team as his buddy Pettite. He doesn't make road trips with the team unless he is going to pitch, and the Astros average about 3,000 more fans when he starts. He has no reason to go anywhere, and the Astros wouldn't get a whole lot for a guy who is most likely going to retire at the end of the year.

Save his appearance at the All Star Game, I really believe that the Rocket would look great in a Palehose uniform.  Though he's getting "up" in the years, he's still dealing, much like the Unit is at his age.  If Houston drops any further in the race than they already are, look for them to deal guys like him and Beltran.  I'd seriously consider trying to get a Clemens to bolster our pitching staff.  I know we'd most likely lose Rowand, Crede, and at least a couple prospects; however, a four-man rotation of:

Buehrle

Clemens

Garcia

Loaiza

with Garland moving to the bullpen makes our pitching staff in the playoffs LIGHTS-OUT!  This pitching lineup can compete with New York and Oakland and could very well win us the whole shooting match!!!

If a deal like this is on the table, I say GO FOR IT!!!

Clemens isn't going anywhere. Houston could drop completely out of the race, but he'll be in a Astros uniform for the rest of the year.

Clemens will certainly be an interesting story at the deadline, of course the 2 main teams after him will of course be the Yankees and Red Sox. Clemens has pitched really good in a hitters park early on, but he's struggled a little lately, I wonder how he'll pitch at the Cell. I'm open to trading Crede but,

1) We need to find a replacement, I don't think Uribe can handle playing 3rd every day.

2) No to trading Rowand, not for the moment anyways. He's got a hot bat, and we need production out of the #2 hole. I'm not trading him for 2 months of Carlos Beltran either.

Houston's motivation in getting Beltran was to try and get back into the race. That didn't happen, so now their motivation to trade him would be to get something instead of losing him for nothing.

As for Clemens, I can see him possibly asking to be traded to Boston or NY to get back into the race. In fact, if Houston bails on Beltran, Clemens just might hang 'em up.

Trading Clemens would be done as a courtesy by Houston, towards Clemens and they wouldn't get much of anything in return. Besides, Clemens can always resign with the Astros next year if he chooses.

Poeple seem to forget about that little thing we have now called the WILDCARD. The Stro's have no chance at the division. But, if i remember correctly they're only 4 gms outta the wild card race. They're not gonna give up Clemens or Beltran unless they feel they have absolutely NO CHANCE at the wildcard.

Poeple seem to forget about that little thing we have now called the WILDCARD.  The Stro's have no chance at the division.  But,  if i remember correctly they're only 4 gms outta the wild card race.  They're not gonna give up Clemens or Beltran unless they feel they have absolutely NO CHANCE at the wildcard.

Only 4 games, but 6 teams back. That's the hard part. They have to jump over so many teams. Only 1 of which would have to play as well as the 'Stros

Houston's motivation in getting Beltran was to try and get back into the race.  That didn't happen, so now their motivation to trade him would be to get something instead of losing him for nothing.

As for Clemens, I can see him possibly asking to be traded to Boston or NY to get back into the race.  In fact, if Houston bails on Beltran, Clemens just might hang 'em up.

Trading Clemens would be done as a courtesy by Houston, towards Clemens and they wouldn't get much of anything in return.  Besides, Clemens can always resign with the Astros next year if he chooses.

bingo, i was waiting to see if someone mentions that.

roger came out of retirement to play with hou, if traded what do you think he would do if he doesn't want to be traded????

he would retire. i would if i was in his position.

bingo, i was waiting to see if someone mentions that.

roger came out of retirement to play with hou, if traded what do you think he would do if he doesn't want to be traded????

he would retire. i would if i was in his position.

Exactly. Other than the fact he has a contract with Houston, what is his motivation to pitch for a team that has basically thrown in the towel, as would be the case if they trade Beltran.