Randy Johnson

southsideirish

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crede, Diaz, Cotts and Anderson for RJ won't get it done. The D'Backs have Chad Tracy entrenched at 3B and the latter three won't do a damn thing for Colangelo and company.

Keep dreaming.

again i been waiting for this kid to surface, however, the arz org really has never given him any chance what-so-ever and still won't. they are looking for a corner guy.

shea is hurt and has a sore hammy.

if arz insist on crede, then ask for tracy in return, i really am high on this kid.

Crede, Diaz, Cotts and Anderson for RJ won't get it done. The D'Backs have Chad Tracy entrenched at 3B and the latter three won't do a damn thing for Colangelo and company.

Which makes Hilly expendable. Even if we don't give them Crede we can eigher used Hilly as a bench player, or Trade Crede else where for pitching. (Maybe like Seattle where they wanted him before for some pitching) [doubt we get Pineiro, but maybe a couple of prospects or some bullpen help like a Hasagawa etc..

again i been waiting for this kid to surface, however, the arz org really has never given him any chance what-so-ever and still won't. they are looking for a corner guy.

if arz insist on crede, then ask for tracy in return, i really am high on this kid.

Tracy really looks good. Reminds me of Reed a bit. Good plate disapline (23 walks to 28 strikeouts) has a decent average now (.278) can flash some power (5 HR 32 RBI) and has some speed. (3 triples but only 1 SB caught 3 times hasn't ran much with Zona but I can see him as a 20-20 guy in the future) I would love to get this 24 yr old kid.

Tracy really looks good. Reminds me of Reed a bit. Good plate disapline (23 walks to 28 strikeouts) has a decent average now (.278) can flash some power (5 HR 32 RBI) and has some speed. (3 triples but only 1 SB caught 3 times has'nt ran much with Zona) I would love to get this 24 yr old kid.

Chad Tracy is not Reed whatsoever. Reed has better plate discipline, runs better, has more power potential, etc.

Why would Arizona give up a good young player makes no sense to me and I'm having a difficult seeing your logic. Chad Tracy is better than Joe "Mr. One Month" Crede anyways.

Tracy really looks good. Reminds me of Reed a bit. Good plate disapline (23 walks to 28 strikeouts) has a decent average now (.278) can flash some power (5 HR 32 RBI) and has some speed. (3 triples but only 1 SB caught 3 times has'nt ran much with Zona) I would love to get this 24 yr old kid.

this kid has been developing power to go with an extraordinary bat speed.

i like him last yr and i really don't know why arz is not too crazy on him.

this kid has been developing power to go with an extraordinary bat speed.

i like him last yr and i really don't know why arz is not too crazy on him.

Guys I think your misunderstanding cerb a little bit. He's trying to say that arizona won't want crede because they have tracey. Right cerb?

Chad Tracy is not Reed whatsoever. Reed has better plate discipline, runs better, has more power potential, etc.

I said A BIT like him, not exactly. But give him a chance with Ozzie and you'll see him run more, flash the power (The Cell is a better HR park than Bank One) and have a good keen eye.

Well I can't speak for LDF. We both agreed that Tracy is a stud that would flourish here. If Zona don't wanna, give em to the southsidas! :headbang

Fair enough. Maybe I was the one who misunderstood what you guys were saying. I was trying to clear things up a little bit but it looks like I made things more confusing. :banghead

It has been said the RJ doesn't care much for Schilling. I would be surprised if he goes to Boston. I am still betting he goes to Anaheim or another west coast team.

Anaheim's owner stated yesterday that they would not make an offer. They didn't want to give up the prospects necessary, and pay Johnson's salary.

This would be the perfect time to outbid teams for this kind of player. Not only is he great and we would have a great chance of winning the series with a pitching staff that includes Randy Johnson, but we would also stop the Scrubbies from getting Nomar. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Increase our chances and dull their chances. I WOULD LOVE IT!!!!

DO IT KENNY! DO IT!

Oh and if Brian Schneider is available then please get him as well. I don't care about CF I think Rowand is doing an excellent job there. Thank you Kenny!

Sox can get it done, Yankees have no real great prospects left, Boston can be outbid.

Cerb(or anyone here)...what is Arizona's biggest need?

I ask because I am currently wondering if a 3rd party could maybe get involved...perhaps bring Milwaukee or some other team looking for a good 3Bman and has something Arizona would need. Maybe Seattle could get involved.

Anyone else think of something like that?

I can see Randy ending up in Los Angeles or San Diego.  Both have solid prospects and a little bit of money to play with.

I don't. Neither LA nor San Diego will want to give up very good prospects to a team within their own division.

As I said before...I see him ending up in Chicago or remaining with Arizona.

Cerb(or anyone here)...what is Arizona's biggest need?

I ask because I am currently wondering if a 3rd party could maybe get involved...perhaps bring Milwaukee or some other team looking for a good 3Bman and has something Arizona would need.  Maybe Seattle could get involved.

Anyone else think of something like that?

earlier last week, a rumor was mention that said the arz biggest need is a catcher and they would like one in return for rj. i have also read somewhere that arz wouldn't mind an everyday 3b.

that is why i posted what i posted about chad tracy.

another reason why nyy was considered b/c of their cat prospect in the minors but that alone will not be enuf.....

the third need is more pitching.

those are my 2 cents ...

:headbang