Big Hurt

greg775

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I haven't seen a post

on it.

Anybody think Frank is done for the year?

Surgery on the ankle?

It would wreck a good if not great season by Hurt.

We will find out what Borchard is made of, that is for sure.

if borchard gets alot of pt while frank is down, i want to see the following from him.

1. relax, every at bat is not life or death. this will be hard because of the influence of crede and konerko. they seem to be the main offenders of slamming the bat when they pop up a cookie.

2. go up to bat looking fastball with less than two strikes. he can't gos up there just reacting to what the pitcher is doing.

3. with two strikes shorten up the swing

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Frank is down till mid to late September. I just don't think this 2 weeks of rest is going to help him heal enough to prevent surgery. If the Sox are still in the race, he comes back near the end of the season. If not, it's see ya next year.

he has bone chips inside his ankle or so says the xray.....i posted somewhere that he should have had the surgery before the break and suck up some time when we were not playing....the guy is a freakin beast a few weeks in a boot arnt gonna make the chips go away.....time to start ranting about picking up a DH if borch doesnt put up frank numbers pretty quick hahaha what did it say 4-6 weeks, just like that maggs injury....we wont see him for awhile i am sad :headshake

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I haven't seen a post

on it.

Anybody think Frank is done for the year?

Surgery on the ankle?

It would wreck a good if not great season by Hurt.

We will find out what Borchard is made of, that is for sure.

Nope and nope.

Nope and nope.

I agree.

I think he's gonna try hard to gut it out. One thing I know for sure, if you've got anything wrong with your plant foot and try to hit, it's almost impossible. Not to mention, your swing mechanics get messed up.

They wouldn't have put the immobilizing boot on if they all didn't think this would get them through the season.

Whether it will or won't, I guess that's up to Mother Nature.

Meanwhile, I will lay even money they bring Carl Everett back as an extra bat and as a Plan B outfielder in case somebody else gets hurt.

I don't want to be a pessimist, but I must. I think an older, bigger player like Frank will have more trouble recovering from an injury to a weight bearing area like the foot than Maggs took with his knee. I will be surprised to see Frank back this season, hopefully I'm wrong, but with that in mind, I'm all for going out and getting another bat unless Borchard can do close to what he did in AAA up in the bigs.

Everett is a good possibility though I believe he has a player option on next yr which wouldn't be too appealing. Others are:

Matt Stairs KC

Raphael Palmeiro Balt

Josh Phelps Tor

Tino Martinez DRays

John Olerud SEA

Daryle Ward PIT

Are these guys considered available or just pure speculation? I would love to get Raffy if Hurt is out, and Phelps is 26 and cheap. I'd probably pass on the others on that list though, but that's just me, and I don't run the team.

Are these guys considered available or just pure speculation?  I would love to get Raffy if Hurt is out, and Phelps is 26 and cheap.  I'd probably pass on the others on that list though, but that's just me, and I don't run the team.

All those guys are considered available and would fit into confines of what would be needed, replacing Frank at DH, and all are have decent to good yrs.

I know it sounds crazy, but I would like the Sox take a chance on Stairs. I wouldn't expect him to play everyday, but I think he's a better hitting Ross Gload. This is, of course, based on the crazy idea I have that Borchard will contribute something to the Sox this year!!

It would be f***ed up if Frank were out for the rest of the year. I didn’t expect his injury to be that grave, but now that I read this thread, it sounds pretty serious. I hope he comes back, I can’t say very soon, but before September would be great.

I just wish KW would of stopped being of selfish.

Frank wanted the surgury from what I read and KW stopped him from getting hit and wanted him to wear that damn boot first, thus wasting time.

If he has to have the surgury and he misses an extra couple of weeks KW has no one to blame but himself. He should of just let him have the damn surgury.

I just wish KW would of stopped being of selfish.

Frank wanted the surgury from what I read and KW stopped him from getting hit and wanted him to wear that damn boot first, thus wasting time.

If he has to have the surgury and he misses an extra couple of weeks KW has no one to blame but himself. He should of just let him have the damn surgury.

If he has surgery he is essentially done for the season no matter when he has it.

I mentioned him earlier:

There is a very good chance that John Olerud will be designated for assignment before tonight's game. There have been no takers for Olerud in trade talks, and the Mariners want to take a look at minor-leauge cult hero Bucky Jacobsen. Olerud, who has been a major disappointment this season hitting just .245 and driving in only 22 runs, could resurface with the Giants. San Francisco tried to acquire him earlier in the season, but Olerud apparently would not agree to waive his no-trade clause to go there. Perhaps he may now feel differently. Of course, the 35-year-old first baseman may choose to retire, something he has allegedly thought about the past few months.