Sox vs A's Game Thread

sox-r-us

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I did hear it on a long ride home. John and Ed sounded like they'd been shot, so I turned it off hoping to see something good when I got home.

Oh that sucks you had to hear it.

Luckily most of my s*** isn't broken.

That must have been a great BDay present the Sox gave ya.

Oh s*** I just realized it's my bro's BDay.

Is it just me or did Harden not even pitch that great.  It seemed like we were getting good pitches to hit all night.

Oh well, still in first and we have Prior Watch to look forward to for the next couple weeks.  ;)

I thought he pitched pretty well. I didn't see a whole lot of pitches down the middle, except for some high fastballs and a couple of changeups(or whatever his breaking ball is) that we took. We swung at some bad ones, but for the most part he was spoting his fastball pretty well, and when a guy can do that while throwing anywhere from 94-98 with some movement, it's going to be tough on the hitters.

Oh that sucks you had to hear it.

Luckily most of my s*** isn't broken.

That must have been a great BDay present the Sox gave ya.

Oh s*** I just realized it's my bro's BDay.

It sucked bad because listening to John and Ed IMO is just like hearing a preachers serman on Sunday morning. To top it off, I was on my way home from a late inning collapse in a tournament game for my team with scouts in the stands. :angry:

Hopefully we can break the West Coast Curse tomorrow with MB on the bump.

I thought he pitched pretty well. I didn't see a whole lot of pitches down the middle, except for some high fastballs and a couple of changeups(or whatever his breaking ball is) that we took. We swung at some bad ones, but for the most part he was spoting his fastball pretty well, and when a guy can do that while throwing anywhere from 94-98 with some movement, it's going to be tough on the hitters.

Ok, I guess it was just me. :)

The ump was killing Jon with some calls. Missed DP call, tons of strikes called balls. Whatever, get over it and get em 2morrow.

I don't know about all of that. They did get hosed on that double play call, but Garland could not spot his fastball that inning, or most of the game. There were a few close calls, but it just seemed like his stuff wasn't that sharp tonight. I wish he would have thrown some more breaking balls that inning instead of stubbornly trying to throw that two seamer. He threw some good breaking balls, but it was clear that fastball or whatever it was that moved away from the lefties just wasn't getting him anywhere.