Randy Johnson narrows it to 5 teams

SoxFan562004

It's possible KW feels that way if he thinks the Angels are still a player, if they are then he may be right, but he can really make them pay thru the nose finding out.

I'm pretty confident that the Yanks are out of it unless A.) everyone else drops out. Or B.) They trade off their BP(Gordon, Quantrill) to get the prospects to get him. Lieber just ain't gonna go anywhere to bring anything back and not only would it be difficult to orchestrate a triple trade but that may in the end leave them worse off than they are now with all the ouchy starters they have.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling now this deal might come down to the last few hours of the deadline now, mabye AZ will feel pressured to just get what they can, and they will bite. Or, they just dont end up doing anything, and we got excited for nothing.

I agree with the point that nothing may happen. The guy on the Score pointed out that Arizona made a pretty bad deal for Sexon (sp?) and they either have to make a great deal for RJ or just stand-pat and not trade him

Or B.) They trade off their BP(Gordon, Quantrill) to get the prospects to get him. Lieber just ain't gonna go anywhere to bring anything back and not only would it be difficult to orchestrate a triple trade but that may in the end leave them worse off than they are now with all the ouchy starters they have.

trading off their Bullpen is a classic case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Their strength is weakened for an unknown quantifyable improvement.

I don't know if the Yankees will be able to find a serious third party to help them out in this trade. NOBODY wants to see them get Johnson, probably least of all Colangelo.

All I know is that I don't care who we trade for RJ as long as we keep Willie Harris, Aaron Rowand, and Juan Uribe.

These guys are going to be our starters for the next few years and will end up being the new core eventually. Although I have to say the the one true untouchable has to be Aaron Rowand, we just can't replace his defense in CF this year and given that he will hit about .280+ by the end of the year that is not that bad. I also don't want to give up Joe Crede either because he still has plenty of upside to him.

If Uribe, Rowand, and Harris are the core of this team at some point...the Sox have huge problems

Yeah, these three players are not the core of this team. I dont know what this guy is smoking. I think he just says things to say them and to get a rise out of people.

Kenny would be best to continue to downplay this trade.

it would help keep the cost down.

He could smoke out the real competition.

Yankees and Red Sox are going to have to be REAL creative to be involved. Cubs have no need for RJ unless they're trading Clement to Red Sox for Nomar.

Angels are the team that I fear the most. They have the prospects. They have an owner anxious to win. They have a team that could use one more starter, especially with Bartolo pitching like a pig.

Kenny could also use this stance to look at other options.

and he doesn't want the fan base to start drooling over RJ and then be disappointed.

Kenny is playing it smart by staying low-key.

I have a real problem trading Brian Anderson, especially after trading Reed. If the DBacks would take something like a Borchard, Sweeney, Diaz, Pacheco type deal for Randy Johnson (and Steve Finley maybe?) then i would do it....but Brian Anderson i would hope doesnt go anywhere

Yeah, these three players are not the core of this team. I dont know what this guy is smoking. I think he just says things to say them and to get a rise out of people.

Ohh please...

I'm sure the Arizona GM would love AROW just by himself.

Great defensive CF already that is young, can hit .290+ hit 20+ HR's and drive in about 80+ RBI's when put into the right place.

The point is that KW can not just give up on him.

He's going to put up these numbers somewhere it might as well be for us.

Ohh please...

Great defensive CF already that is young, can hit .290+ hit 20+ HR's and drive in about 80+ RBI's when put into the right place.

Huh?

Ohh please...

Jeckle, you are a dumbass! :dips*** The DBacks want a future star not a guy you have a man crush on.

Ohh please...

lol.gifrofl.gifsweat.gifxxrotflmao.gif

One other thing: Brian Anderson is an excellent prospect.

But that's all he is, a prospect.

Randy Johnson is not only a pitcher who can get you to October, he can dominate the post-season. He can win two or even three games in a seven-game series. There are bloody few guys like that.

If it costs Brian Anderson to get the Sox to the World Series for the first time since 1959 step up and pay the man.

All I know is that I don't care who we trade for RJ as long as we keep Willie Harris, Aaron Rowand, and Juan Uribe.

These guys are going to be our starters for the next few years and will end up being the new core eventually. Although I have to say the the one true untouchable has to be Aaron Rowand, we just can't replace his defense in CF this year and given that he will hit about .280+ by the end of the year that is not that bad. I also don't want to give up Joe Crede either because he still has plenty of upside to him.

I nominate this for most idiotic post of the year. Aaron Rowand is a 4th outfielder at best. I'm quite glad that you lack the mental capacity to become the Sox GM.

What a joke.

I nominate this for most idiotic post of the year. Aaron Rowand is a 4th outfielder at best. I'm quite glad that you lack the mental capacity to become the Sox GM.

What a joke.

Cerb, I was going to post a response to his post but thought .... naaahhhh, why bother.

Whoever said 1917 was a long time, they are very right. If we got Randy, and gave up some good prospects, I wouldn't be pissed at all. IMO, in baseball, prospects are overrated, and have a low success rate of developing. I'd seriously consider trading Borchard, because I think anderson has more upside than him, but if Randy was pitching for the Sox, I wouldn't care all that much.