Randy Johnson narrows it to 5 teams

SoxFan562004

Know what Scott Ruffcorn was? A prospect.

Know what Brian West was? A prospect.

Know what they became? Suspects.

Get me Randy Johnson.

That's right. Trade all the prospects. They all suck. Win the World Series!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is that there may not be another team out there that know our minor leaguers first hand like the D-Backs do as they share our ST and minor league facilities with us. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but if they've contacted us I'd have to say it's good.

Good observation. That's exactly how it worked when the Rockies traded for Aaron Miles, they said they were really familiar with him because both teams train in Tucson. Diamondbacks would most certainly be familiar with our prospects and vice versa, perhaps more so than any other team.

Likewise, I'm not sure how much fraternization that goes on, but I'd have to guess that since we share ST facilities that the Unit knows the Sox more than any team outside of the NL West. Again that could be good or bad but if he hasn't ruled us out, I'd have to consider that to be very good.

Our problem here is that as much as we all like Anderson and Sweeney (and I like both of them a lot), neither of them is rated amongst the top 50 prospects in baseball.  The Angels have much more to deal with here.  I think we may be being used here by the Diamonbacks.

If Anderson keeps doing his thing, he will be in the Top 50 next year. I also think if you took a poll at the end of spring training, their is a decent chance some scouts or scouting services would of had Sweeney rated pretty high.

Johnson and Bonds were once prospects.

But about 1 of 100 prospects turn into the kinds of players those two guys are.

and most people don't project Brian Anderson to hit more than 650 home runs in the big leagues.

If it costs Brian Anderson to give us the best five-deep rotation in the AL, do it.

i'm just sayin the sox can't keep trading away their top prospects. that just leaves lower prospects who are far less likely to be randy johnsons or barry bonds. sooner or later that top prospect will be a top player in the majors.

I only wonder how much money it would take from yankees for colangelo to forgive george..... for if there is enough money, they can BUY the talent they want

Where do you people get this stuff from? Top tier players don't get traded for just money. If this is true then please someone give me an example.

im headin off to bed and havent read the past few pages on this post so sorry if its already been said, and just ignore me.

just heard on espn news that Johnson's agent said its narrowed to 2 teams...the Yankees and Cardinals?

If true(and I would actually bet money that it is not true) Randy Johnson, welcome to the Arizona Diamondbacks, where you will rot in last place.

sister gammons stated this first, but then said that both chicago teams were possibilities along with the angels and i think boston.... st louis is the newest one on the list but they have less money than we do for his contract

And they have s*** to give up.

I think St. Louis could have interest, but when they realize how high the price is, they'll get out.

I figure Anderson HAS to be in the deal.

Finley is ancient. Arizona needs a center fielder. Anderson is from Tucson.  He's progressed well in our system.

Hate to give up Reed and Anderson, both of our top CF prospects, in the same season, but 1917 was a long freakin' time ago.

1 -- Big Unit

2 -- Freddy

3 -- Buehrle

4 -- Esty

5 -- Garland

BP -- Schoenweis

Cotts

Adkins

Politte

Marte

Shingo

Let's go for it.

That's a pitching staff to die for. If we cant win it like that then we're not ever gonna do it.