Your LEAST Favourite Beatle Song?

Dan Pasqua's FedEx Driver

There's a great conversation going on about everyone's favourite Beatle song -

I think it'd be really interesting to hear what everyone's LEAST favourite Beatle songs are.

I live and die with the Beatles (and the Sox), so I'm not being blasphemous, I'm just really curious to know which Beatle songs just don't make the grade in your book. Leaving out the stuff on the "Anthology" (they never released that stuff for a reason, ya know!) here's my least favourite Beatle songs:

1. The Inner Light

2. Mr. Moonlight

3. Only a Northern Song

4. Baby You're a Rich Man

I'd add "Flying", but I thought it was hysterical, and total Beatle genius, that they recorded an instrumental that is nothing but standard blues changes, then made it the only song credited to ALL 4 BEATLES! Priceless.

What have you guys got?

How about that? That's one of MY favourites!!

I always had the sneaking suspicion that "Maxwell" was McCartney's rip on the Manson Family, the lyrics just fit so well...the whole imagery of the courtroom, and the way it mirrored the conduct of Manson and his followers...

("Rose and Valerie screaming from the gallery...")

("Painting testimonial pictures...")

Revolution #9 was by far the stupidist thing they ever did.

surely you jest :o

and I will also take a strong stand in favor of the sitar's roll in rock and roll

as well as for Yoko

but If I never heard Run for your Life again it would fine by me - those are trash lyrics not salvaged by adequte musical accompiament

surely you jest  :o

and I will also take a strong stand in favor of the sitar's roll in rock and roll

as well as for Yoko

but If I never heard Run for your Life again it would fine by me - those are trash lyrics not salvaged by adequte musical accompiament

As sad as it is, your version of Revolution #9 is much better.... BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR IT!!!

"Revolution #9" is not on my list for one reason...

If you have a turntable and the "White Album" ALBUM, put "Revolution #9" on. Stop the turntable and play it backwards when they repeat "Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, Number 9..." and tell me that isn't one of the coolest things you've ever heard.

"Run For Your Life" - written in 30 seconds by John Lennon because the "Rubber Soul" album was one song short. He was ashamed of that song; he always despised it...he came right out and said they were the most "un-Beatle" lyrics ever written.

"Revolution #9" is not on my list for one reason...

If you have a turntable and the "White Album" ALBUM, put "Revolution #9" on.  Stop the turntable and play it backwards when they repeat "Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, Number 9..." and tell me that isn't one of the coolest things you've ever heard.

"Run For Your Life" - written in 30 seconds by John Lennon because the "Rubber Soul" album was one song short.  He was ashamed of that song; he always despised it...he came right out and said they were the most "un-Beatle" lyrics ever written.

Thank you for your comments!!!!!

#9 was a song that was not a song that tripped off a nice time of musical experimentation and I have heard many times and actually there is something really there on it - it is not accessible but who says music has to be easy? It is John Cage in a rock milleau. It is experimentation. It is revolutionary. It says something. It is cool listening to it straght through!

Thanks for sharing on Run for your life. I have heard that too.

My vote goes to Obla Di Obla Da (sp?)

I hate that calliope s***.

Run For Your Life is a pretty close second, and almost anything sung by Ringo can go there too.

...and for the record, while slightly off-topic :D , I like the song "Wonderwall"....on the few occasions that Oasis was good, they were VERY good....

Baba O'Rielly

and

Wonderwall.

Who sang Baba O'Reilly (now that is a statement ans well as question, as in Who payed 1st) :lol:

Wonderwall is an album, a great album, and personal;ly I hated that Oasis song and disagree with the Critic that Oasis ever had an occasional when they were good :lol:

My vote goes to Obla Di Obla Da (sp?)

I hate that calliope s***.

Run For Your Life is a pretty close second, and almost anything sung by Ringo can go there too.

...and for the record, while slightly off-topic  :D , I like the song "Wonderwall"....on the few occasions that Oasis was good, they were VERY good....

Now I love that song.... :)

One of our favorite group sing a long songs. Besides if you are really drunk it is easy to fake the words :lol:

I've refused to listen to Oasis ever since they said they're better than the Beatles. If they're so much better, why do they have to copy every thing the Beatles do?

There's a version of "Ob La Di, Ob La Da" on the "Anthology" that has an almost calypso feel; it's a lot faster and has a totally different rhythym.

Listening to "Revolution #9" when CD's were first invented was mind-blowing. Chilling, almost. And, of course, the "White Album" was the first CD I bought. That was when CD cases were these long cardboard sleeves that were twice as long as the actual CD.

You can't play anything backwards on CD. SO...here's another one...take your "White Album" ALBUM, play "I'm So Tired". You know John's mumbling between "I'm So Tired" and "Blackbird"? Play that backwards.

Good topic!

#9 belonged on John and Yoko's Life with the Lions or Wedding Album. It is painful to losten to for all but historical and experimental appreciation purposes. Not my least favorite though.

CW, you have the wrong take on Run For Your Life which is, to be sure, a lesser work. If you think of it as the Beatles doing the Monkees though (replete with bad Mickey Dolenz "Uh Na Na Na" at the end) it's great. It also is pure Cynical John, even if the lyrics are slapdash. "I'd rather see you dead little girl than to see you with another man" is as cruel and snide and, well, John, as any of his similar cynical stuff.

For my least favorite I have to go with Birthday. I know a lot pf people like the song, and it is a rock party staple... But is sooo Goddamn annoying - and not just the Yoko parts (I love her on Bungalo Bill). Lyrics like "I would like you to dance... take a cha cha cha chance" make Run For Your Life look brilliant by comparison.

You can't play anything backwards on CD.  SO...here's another one...take your "White Album" ALBUM, play "I'm So Tired".  You know John's mumbling between "I'm So Tired" and "Blackbird"?  Play that backwards.

Yeah, the "Number 9" backwards becoming "Turn me on Dead Man" is intense. So is, Paul is a dead man miss him Miss Him MISS HIM!!! at the end of I'm so Tird. I think the "Heaven knows Me" from Blackbird is a stretch though.

personally I hated that Oasis song and disagree with the Critic that Oasis ever had an occasional when they were good :lol:

Disagreement is the spice of life....especially when you're wrong.... :D :P

I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I enjoy an Oasis song here and there.

Wouldn't buy a CD of theirs, but might go to see them live, if only for the chance to see onstage sibling fisticuffs!

:headbang Onstage Sibling Fisticuffs!!!!

All Beatle songs SUCK!! I just don't get the big deal about them.

You don't know what you're missing....the music, the magic, the peace, the love, the sound that changed the world. I respect your opinion. Unless you were there, or "on the cusp" like I was, it's really hard to understand the beautiful effect they had on the world.

My most sincere hope for you is that the music you love touches your life the way the Beatles music touches mine.