Messiah

Currently 1-0 Brewers in the top 1st. Posednik led off the game with a double off of Prior, advanced to 3rd on a Counsell flyout, and scored on a Jenkins sac fly. Let's see if Doug Davis can make it stand.

Guys, As many as you know Mark Prior just left the game with another injury. Steve Stone thought it might be a re- injury of the achillies. Just a thought if he is injured for a while, this may push the Cubs to get Randy Johnson. Which I won't like!

Oh great 10 times an hour updates by the media on how many times he pissed today again. RJ will NOT go to Cubs.

Derrek Lee line drive home run.  Tied at 1 in the bottom of the 2nd.

Immediately after Lee's homerun, the conversation abruptly turned from whining about the Cubs injury woes to complimenting the offense. Makes sense to me; ignore the problems unless your team is behind.

Chimp/Steve's comments following tonights game:

Cubs lose, Prior's reaggrivation of his achilles (and subsequent departure) provided a huge, pyschological burden for the team. One which was too great to overcome.

Cubs win, the team shows tremendous courage battling back while their best pitchers health is in doubt.

:fthecubs

Guys, As many as you know Mark Prior just left the game with another injury. Steve Stone thought it might be a re- injury of the achillies. Just a thought if he is injured for a while, this may push the Cubs to get Randy Johnson. Which I won't like!

The prerequisite to acquiring Randy Johnson is you must pick up his entire contract. Boston wanted the Cubs to pick up Nomar's contract, which isn't as large as Johnson's, and the Cubs couldn't swing it. Also, Johnson might not like the Cub's chances without Prior. A positive note though, if the Cubs did get Johnson, the biggest White Sox fan's nightmare of Magglio signing with the Cubs, wouldn't happen.

I'm no fan of anything Cubs, but they have to be in shock. Everyone is getting hurt. Prior has had pain in the achilles since last season. It took him 3 months to pitch in 5 or 6 games, you have to think he is probably done this season. Like I posted earlier, you could tell it was bothering him when he pitched against the Sox. Surgery could wipe out a bunch of next season as well.

Naahhh ... I can't say it.

Where is that smiley with his mouth covered with tape?!?!? :fthecubs