The Curse Of the West Coast

ManSooLee

Wrong again. Harden DID NOT pitch great tonight at all. He looked about average at best. Are hitters were just that bad, and looked very tardy and/or lazy.

He looked pretty good, not great, but good enough. He was throwing strikes with the fastball, which he doesn't always do. He's got a great arm, so when he does, he's tough. Yeah, we helped him out by swinging at a few high ones and taking a couple of changeups(or whatever his breaking ball is) down the middle, but when a guy throws a fastball anywhere from 94-98 with movement while getting strikes, he's tough.

I agree Soxnbears. I was watching like "La dee da. Hmm, Im hungry. La dee da. Whoop, gotta take a leak. La dee da." :lol:

i ended up taking an NCAA break in the middle of the game, w/ mlb gameday on the pc.....tonight sucked :lol:

Regardless of tonight's loss, I'm still not overly concerned about this series. I thought tonight was either a rout in our favor or a tough, close game like it was, since Harden is very inconsistent but has good stuff. I think we can still get a split. Zito and Redman are decent but not great starters, and I like our chances with Buehrle and Garcia going those two games. I just hope Loaiza can get his s*** together for the last one, because Mulder is tough.

Once again, it amazes me the lack of support on this board. How do you think players would feel if they frequented this board for content? Seeing their fans jumping on and off the bandwagon all year long. Harden did throw well tonight. The guy was throwing darts up there, 97 mph with movement to both sides of the plate, I mean come on. Kid has game, we know this, don't be surprised. There are two reasons we lost this game. Number 1 : Garland lost the strike zone tonight, 5 or 6 BB, I can't remember Number 2: Timo's error (what the f*** was that about?). This is one of those games where you have to sit back and say "kid threw well, we weren't sharp and can play better." I have a strong suspicion that nobody here played ball beyond little league, I myself played D-I college ball. If you know the game you'd know that games like tonights game mean little to nothing. The Twins lost, we lost. Maybe we should have won, but if you keep that mindset going into tomorrows game you're gonna lose again. These guys are professionals, they know the mistakes they made and they'll fix 'em. My .02 for the night.

I read some of the other threads earlier today, and most of you said you would be happy with a .500 record on this road trip. Okay, we lost one game. Is my math wrong, or are people over reacting like always? Last I checked, we could still finish .500 or better on this road trip....

I have a strong suspicion that nobody here played ball beyond little league, I myself played D-I college ball.

Did you by chance play at VU? Just wondering. I play at the HS and I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. Luckily I didn't even see tonights game because I was at one of my baseball games.

Yes I did.  Hope you did well at your game tonight bro.

Oh that's cool. Emory Field was my homefield a few years ago. I kind of know some of the coaches because I went to some camps there. If you played in the last few years, I might have seen you at one of the camps. As for tonight, we did alright. Didn't win, but competed well with Prostyle Power. I don't know if you know them, but it's like a NWI "all star" team.

Why do you say that ValpoNick? I play HS baseball.

Good for you, I hope you work hard at your game and go to college and play. I say that becauase if you have played at a high level of competition you view the game differently. Being a player and a fan is different than just being a fan.

I read some of the other threads earlier today, and most of you said you would be happy with a .500 record on this road trip.  Okay, we lost one game.  Is my math wrong, or are people over reacting like always?  Last I checked, we could still finish .500 or better on this road trip....

I agree(in fact, that is pretty much what I said). I don't expect us to do much more than split most of these series on the west coast. Oakland, Anaheim, and Texas are playing pretty well, and two of them are just awesome at home. I just don't want to see this 1-for or sweeps that have happened in the past. I really don't think we are going to lose all of them again. In fact, our last two in Oakland were pretty close, and we would have won one of those for sure if it wasn't for the since departed Koch.

I have a strong suspicion that nobody here played ball beyond little league, I myself played D-I college ball.  If you know the game you'd know that games like tonights game mean little to nothing.  The Twins lost, we lost.  Maybe we should have won, but if you keep that mindset going into tomorrows game you're gonna lose again.  These guys are professionals, they know the mistakes they made and they'll fix 'em.  My .02 for the night.

I'm 18, and this last year of HS baseball was my 14th year of playing some kind of organized baseball. I played 3 years of HS Varsity baseball. I don't expect to play much more going into college, but I think I'll play like an intramural league or something.

The only thing more trendy than overreacting is ripping on the people who overreact.

Following phrases are favorites of those you described:

-The baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint.

-Pennants aren't won in (any month prior to September)

-White Sox are traditionally a strong second half team

-Twins have a brutal September schedule

-Sox have yet to hit their stride