Better Team Next Season

Who will have a better team next season?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have a better team next season?

• Los Angeles Lakers
    • Miami Heat

I am going to go with the Lakers, as I feel Odom will continue to break out at the 4, they'll most likely have Grant or Divac (who they may get) at center, Butler at the 3, Kobe at the 2 and the Glove running the point. And if they keep Malone, another bonus.

The Heat do have the Diesel, but besides Wade, not much else.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Heat will finish better. The Lakers are going to fall back a bit in the West now. I feel that Minnesota, San Antonio, Sacramento, and Dallas will finish ahead of LA this year. I think that Minnesota should come out of the West.

I feel the Heat have moved up a whole lot with the acquiring of Shaq. I rank them as the number 2 team in the East. I still think Detroit's going to be the team to beat, followed by Miami, and third the Pacers.

Heat.

If Kobe get's out of the rape rap he'll be even worse to play with. His attitude and the team chemistry will be a big problem for them. IMO..

He's got about as much of a chance of getting convicted as OJ, none.

The Heat will be the better team. Wade at point, Jones as the 2-guard, and Shaq down low? Could equate to 50 wins in the east. If they can make a decent signing or two, they could be very good.

I like the Lakers depth, but I don't know how much that helps them in the end. I think they lost too much in losing Shaq. IMO, it is now time to look at Minnesota, Sacremento, Dallas, San Antonio, Denver, and Houston step up. If the Lakers make the playoffs next year, it would not surprise me at all to see them end up as a #7 seed. They lost a ton(like almost literally, a ton), and in the meantime, Houston added T-Mac, Denver added KMart, and Minny, Sacremento, Dallas, and San Antonio have not lost enough to have fallen off the face of the earth.

I see Miami as a top 3 seed next year, and I see the Lakers in the lower half of the top 8. Therefore, Heat win.

The Lakers will be a better team but the Heat will have a better record due to the East sucking.

Payton-Kobe-Caron-Odom-Grant

That's gonna be a hell of a team.

They will probably be middle of the pack in the West.

One thing that does hurt is Fisher leaving.

I don't see Odom being able to play power forward out West. I think Caron Butler sits his ass on the bench, Odom plays the 3, Kobe at the 2 (obviously), Payton starting at the point, Malone at the 4, and a very undersized Brian Grant in the middle.

I think the Heat will be better; you only need a big man and a scorer or two plus role players to be successful in this league. The Lakers right now are way undersized, and everyone is gonna want the ball.

The Heat will be the better team.  Wade at point, Jones as the 2-guard, and Shaq down low?  Could equate to 50 wins in the east.  If they can make a decent signing or two, they could be very good.

I like the Lakers depth, but I don't know how much that helps them in the end.  I think they lost too much in losing Shaq.  IMO, it is now time to look at Minnesota, Sacremento, Dallas, San Antonio, Denver, and Houston step up.  If the Lakers make the playoffs next year, it would not surprise me at all to see them end up as a #7 seed.  They lost a ton(like almost literally, a ton), and in the meantime, Houston added T-Mac, Denver added KMart, and Minny, Sacremento, Dallas, and San Antonio have not lost enough to have fallen off the face of the earth.

I see Miami as a top 3 seed next year, and I see the Lakers in the lower half of the top 8.  Therefore, Heat win.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, but you said it better than I did..... :lol:

:lol:

Also, IMO Golden State way overpayed for Fisher, especially when they already have Van Exel and Claxton.

But this is the same team paid a s*** load for Foyle.

They are LOTTERY 4 Life.

The Heat will be the better team.  Wade at point, Jones as the 2-guard, and Shaq down low?  Could equate to 50 wins in the east.  If they can make a decent signing or two, they could be very good.

I like the Lakers depth, but I don't know how much that helps them in the end.  I think they lost too much in losing Shaq.  IMO, it is now time to look at Minnesota, Sacremento, Dallas, San Antonio, Denver, and Houston step up.  If the Lakers make the playoffs next year, it would not surprise me at all to see them end up as a #7 seed.  They lost a ton(like almost literally, a ton), and in the meantime, Houston added T-Mac, Denver added KMart, and Minny, Sacremento, Dallas, and San Antonio have not lost enough to have fallen off the face of the earth.

I see Miami as a top 3 seed next year, and I see the Lakers in the lower half of the top 8.  Therefore, Heat win.

The Heat will be the better team with a good chance of being the #3 seed in the east. The Lakers on the other hand may not even make the playoffs. San Antonio, Minnesota, Sacramento, Denver, Houston, Dallas, and Memphis are all teams that will probably be better than the Lakers plus Utah may make a push for that last playoff spot. The Lakers are no lock to even make the playoffs this year. Shaq>Kobe and Wade>Lakers supporting cast.

I don't see how you guys are saying the Lakers will be better than the Heat. Kobe is just another star SG. There are a bunch in this league and where are they all? Nowhere. TMac, Iverson, Carter, Pierce, the list goes on. A team can not win with their best player being a SG. As Spiff said all you need is a big man and two good role players at guard (I'm modifying what he said) to be successful in this league. Kobe can not lead a team deep into the playoffs. He needs a big man. The Heat would crush the Lakers head to head because the Lakers don't have a big man, and much of the West will as well.

If Shaq is healthy and in decent shape, the Heat will finish no worse than 3rd in the east. The Lakers, Wow. That team is in serious trouble. They're undersized at pf and center. Their bench is nothing to get excited about. They have little to no outside shooting. You better believe that defenses are gonna gang up on Kobe now that there's no Shaq to worry about down low. Who's gonna consistently hit open jumpers? The west might be better than ever next year. The Spurs, Wolves, Kings, Mavs, Rockets, Nuggets, Grizzlies r all locks to make the playoffs. I see the Suns, Blazers, Jazz, and Lakers battling it out for the 8th spot.

I don't see how you guys are saying the Lakers will be better than the Heat. Kobe is just another star SG. There are a bunch in this league and where are they all? Nowhere. TMac, Iverson, Carter, Pierce, the list goes on.

Please don't call Vince Carter a star. But I do agree with you on the fact that Miami will be better then L.A. Miami will be one of the top 3 teams in the east along with Detroit and Indiana. While the Lakers will probably be fighting for the 7th or 8th seed with Memphis. The lakers aren't as good as dallas, denver, houston, sacramento, san antonio, and minnesota.

How can you possibly say Vince isn't a star? Overrated? Probably. But he's definitely a star. He puts up great numbers and puts fans in the seat, thats a star to me and most.

As for the Heat or Lakers, the Heat are in a horrible division and should pile up wins within it. I would definitely say the Lakers will have more talent overall, but, they don't have Shaq anymore. That means more than Kobe will ever realize. Wade is unguardable on the perimeter and Shaq is unstoppable down low. However, Dwyane is going to have to improve his 3 point shooting because he will get lots of chances this year and thats not a strength right now. Lamar is an awesome player that is just coming into his own, but I can't see him playing PF in the West against KG, Duncan, Webber, Dirk and such. But he will create mismatches on the offensive end. That could be a volatile clubhouse again though adding Odom's personality to Kobe's.

The only guard in the league who should be mentioned in the same breath as Kobe is Tracy McGrady.

Iverson has won a MVP and lead his team to the Finals, but hell, he won't even go to practice.

Pierce is probably my favorite player in the league, but he's not to the level of elite guards. Does put up great stats though.

And Vince Carter, well he may put people in the seats, but if I was building a team from scratch, he wouldn't be one of the first 25 guys I wanted.

I'm just saying watch Kobe this season and watch Wade this season. Kobe will fall back into that group without Shaq and Wade will join them with him. Look for Wade to be considered the best guard in the game next to probably Lebron after a few years of development and Shaq.

I'm just saying watch Kobe this season and watch Wade this season. Kobe will fall back into that group without Shaq and Wade will join them with him. Look for Wade to be considered the best guard in the game next to probably Lebron after a few years of development and Shaq.

He'll never be as good as Kobe.

And he'll never win 3 titles. Book it.