How will the White Sox fare without Frank Thomas?

greasywheels121

How will the White Sox fare without Frank Thomas?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How will the White Sox fare without Frank Thomas?

• Go deep into the playoffs
    • Make the playoffs, but fall early
    • Make the playoffs, but only after a trade
    • Miss the playoffs

Im the one who actually voted miss the playoffs. I guess everything can change and hopefully it will, but with the way things are looking now thats just how I feel. Frank is out, Magglio is still trying to get back on track, we continue to strugle on the west coast, trade rumors all over with guy like Rowand probably not feeling comfortable. guys like Willie, Timo and uribe not knowing what days they will and wont be playing. Joe Borchard not doing anything special. Garland,Loaiza and Schoeneweis all shakey. Right now the only chance I see is us making it is if out dual Minnesota in this ugly,ugly race.

Im the one who actually voted miss the playoffs. I guess everything can change and hopefully it will, but with the way things are looking now thats just how I feel. Frank is out, Magglio is still trying to get back on track, we continue to strugle on the west coast, trade rumors all over with guy like Rowand probably not feeling confortable. guys like Willie, Timo and uribe not knowing what days they will and won be playing. Joe Borchard not doing anything special. Right now the only chance I see is us making it is if out dual Minnesota in this ugly,ugly race.

Thanks for bringing me down with the truth. Now I have to face reality and I really dont wanna. :angry:

I think we'll see more out of Crede the second half. He's been that type of player. Carlos seems to have found his power stroke. Let's just hope that Valentin and Konerko can keep producing like they have been so far. We need to pick up one more "spark" for the line up now that Frank is out. Finley ... Palmeiro ... Frankie C from Toronto ..... Beltran .... Mike Sweeney ... I don't know who we can get, but we to get some one that can rake.

I said out of the playoffs because this team's pitching is so god damn inconsistent. It really doesn't matter if we make the playoffs or not. Odds are we won't do anything there anyway.

This team keeps going up and down. And I thought Billy Koch closing out a game was going to cause health problems...This team just does it slower than Koch would have. :banghead

I just read the top 3 in the order (incl Maggs) is hitting 144 since Frank's gone down.

There is no one in the lineup who commands the respect of pitchers like Frank did.

His OBP was a measure of both his good eye & pitcher's respect in their reluctance

to challenge him.

KW & JV are fools for suggesting a 300 lb slugger be in the dugout with a stress fracture in his foot.

I think we will make the playoffs because our division is awful. The Twins rotation is even worse then ours, and most of their hitters are terrible this year. Plus the second half schedule is greatly in our favor. My problem with this question is define "deep" in the playoffs. Is winning a series "deep", or do we need to go to the series? In my book, they need to make the series. I think they can win in the first round if they play Texas or Boston, but the way they are playing right now, I'm not so sure about Oakland or New York(much as I think their rotation is weak, they have a pretty good lineup and pen). I think our chances of winning go up a ton if we get Johnson(I still think this is a longshot) or a solid on base guy like Kendall. Of course if Frank is back in Mid-September, my belief is we have a decent to good chance of winning a series.