Sox and Expos Very Close on deal...

Ndgt10

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I feel about that....really, I don't....

Same here. We needed a bat; Everett might fit that bill. However, I don't know if he was worth any of the pitchers in our system that people have heard of. Who knows what will come of this?

I forgot who said it, but this may help spark Everett's bat the rest of the season. It's got to make him feel pretty good that this organization really shows him some appreciation and loyalty, now that they want him back again since they have the shot to go after him.

We need a left handed bat, and if all they are giving up is Rauch and a low-level minor leaguer, I have no problem. Rauch has shown nothing at the major league level. Everett is probably a mid-level replacement: he will cost less than a Walker and/or Beltran and will provide more punch than either McGriff or Olerud. Of course, that assumes that he is only DHing.

He also has a player option for next year at only $4 million dollars, so that is also good news, he may stick around next year.

LH bat Carl Everett will be here next year for $4Mill ... but can't play defense. Yet, I've been reading for months that Valentin is overpaid at $5Mill .... What's wrong with this scenario?

We'll see what happens here. Two minor league pitchers is about what I'd expect to give up.

When Levine talked about this at 10:40 this morning, he broke in and interrupted another segment, so this appears to have credibility.

11:30 a.m. - he says his sources in Montreal indicate this deal is just about completed.

They (Rooney/Levine) just talked about Gload and they both agreed that the Sox think very highly of Gload and see him as a bench guy who can pinch hit and has a good chance to get a hit ... they mentioned Jeff Liefer as a guy who had little to no chance as a pinch hitter.

Do not know if that means somebody else's roster spot would be in jeopardy if/when Everett is added, just thought the comments were interesting.

A buddy of mine just called and said Levine also mentioned there was a possibility some pitching could be coming back from the Expos in addition to Everett. I haven't been listening to the whole show, so I didn't hear that.

Levine has been saying the last few days that KW is aggressively pursuing a bullpen arm.

We'll have to wait and see.

If we give up Rauch, then the second prospect had better not be any of the guys we're high on. I really dont see us overpaying though, because i dont think Everett will have a ton of interest in him with all his injuries and lack of production so far this year. Any word on who the pitcher coming back may be?