Sox and Expos Very Close on deal...

Ndgt10

I will place a bet that KW is not done.

They still need a bullpen arm and the Sox have quite a few guys in the minors other teams would be interested in ... and I'm not talking about studs like Anderson and Sweeney.

I think the only way the Sox would trade Anderson is if it's a centerpiece for a Randy Johnson.

Levine just said the Diamondbacks turned down Contreras, Navarro the catcher, a 3B prospect, and another prospect from the Yankees.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at that game Rauch pitched against Cleveland, it was a rainy day game on a Thursday ... he was far from shutting down the Indians.  Lots of very hard hit outs, and Rowand made that great play at the CF wall to save Rauch's bacon.

Certainly not minimizing Rauch's contributions/potential, but he wouldn't have gotten a chance here and the same with Majewski.  Good news here is even if these two guys blossom, it's in the National League.  So it won't directly hurt us.

Good deal for the White Sox, we needed a bat.

Yeah, I was at that game too. Good defense and having the balls hit in the right spot helped Rauch in that game. Plus, he only went 5 innings, far from great. Everrett is a welcome addition for the Sox. I can't wait to watch him play!

I'm pretty sure that Schoeneweis is not signed for next year, and it doesn't appear as if Ozzie likes him very much.  Also, with how poorly he has been pitching, I doubt that the Sox will want to bring him back for a couple of million.  The reason I thought Rauch had a better chance than Diaz or Cotts is because Diaz and Cotts look to be major league relievers, not starters.  Cotts is a 2-pitch pitcher who struggles against righties...not exactly the formula for a good starter.  Also, Diaz seems to get rocked his 2nd time around a line-up.  I'm not even a big fan of Rauch, I just thought he would be starting for the Sox next year.

Diaz has a much brighter future as a starting pitcher.

The kid has fantastic control. Tons more upside then Rauch.

I don't care if he was 6'11. He had no future here period.