Will the Sox still look for another bat?

LDF

They have to be looking for a big time set up guy/closer and a catcher. Really everything else is solid enough.

I agree if any more upgrades are coming to the offense it's going to be a catcher. Look for the sox to either acquire another starter, a reliever, or maybe both.

Lots of rumblings about the Sox going after a bullpen arm, that seems to be KW's first priority (who knows for sure though).

Doesn't seem there are any leadoff hitters available, best bet is a good #2 hitter.

They could use an upgrade at catcher but so could 25 other teams. Also, another starter would be great.

I think everyone knows that that is Jason Kendall...you've only told us in almost every one of your posts.

We definately need some more RP help...a swing man type guy wouldn't hurt(spot starter, middle reliever, setup...ala Jim Brower or Sean Lowe). And if we can get another big LH power hitter(mainly Carlos Beltran, but Carlos Delgado could work too) that would be nice as well.

And of course if we can get Unit, do it by all means.

Because he would be playing for a winning team. I think pretty much anyone in Pitt would accept out of there unless it was too the Expos or something.

I think the only other bat they may add is if they decide they need another catcher. Their could also be the possibility they add a top of the order type guy.

We already have 3 back up catchers so adding Brandon Inge from Detroit isn't a valid option to solve our starting catching. The Sox need a regular everyday catchers with some pop in his bat and who knows how to call a game.

2 to 3 yrs ago, brandon inge was a top rated cat.

since then he has improved alot with each stat department improving as well. here is a young cat who we can get for what???

det is looking in trading him, why not look at what it will cost?

Inge would be a great pickup, but I don't know if the Sox have what it takes to get him. The Tigers turned down a Gil Meche for Inge deal earlier in the year. If I were them I'd hold onto him. He's a good young player, but he is a good catcher, they just have Pudge behind the plate.

I think it would cost a couple pitching prospects and I don't know if thats worth it from the Sox perspective.

C-Jason Kendall

1B- Paul Konerko

2B- Juan Uribe

3B- Joe Crede

SS- Jose Valentin

LF- Carlos Lee

CF- Carlos Beltran

RF- Andruw Jones

DH- Carl Everett

P-Randy Johnson

P-Freddy Garcia

P-Mark Buehrle

P-Esteban Loaiza

P-Russ Ortiz

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Inge would be a great pickup, but I don't know if the Sox have what it takes to get him.  The Tigers turned down a Gil Meche for Inge deal earlier in the year.  If I were them I'd hold onto him.  He's a good young player, but he is a good catcher, they just have Pudge behind the plate. 

I think it would cost a couple pitching prospects and I don't know if thats worth it from the Sox perspective.

yeah but gil meche is not that special either. imo

Kendall would really be a nice aquisition. He'd provide stability at the catcher position for a couple of years, he'd bring very good defense behind the plate to our team, and he could leadoff or bat second for us. Then again, he has a pretty big contract, so if we got him, I'd think Pitt would have to give us a lot of cash.

But, now with Rauch gone, who becomes our main playing 'chip', so-to-speak? Munoz? Diaz?

Does anyone think Robbie Alomar will be the next acquisition?

I'm not knocking or advocating such a move, I just wonder if he's next. Despite the contract screw up, KW has had high words of praise for Alomar.

The Yankees appear to be very happy with their two guys at 2B and it doesn't look like they're interested.

I would not rule it out.

Does anyone think Robbie Alomar will be the next acquisition?

I'm not knocking or advocating such a move, I just wonder if he's next.  Despite the contract screw up, KW has had high words of praise for Alomar.

The Yankees appear to be very happy with their two guys at 2B and it doesn't look like they're interested.

I would not rule it out.

After Robbie who we going to go after.... Scott Sullivan. :lol: I think Robbie is a definite possibility I guess I wouldn't mind him back here as a back up but we'd have to give very little up.