FS Player of the Week Awards: July 11-17

Chisoxfn

FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards: July 11th-17th

By Jason Gage (With Help from Danny Santaromita)

July 18, 2004

FutureSox.com

FutureSox.com proudly presents another new feature in the continued pursuit towards being the best minor league site on the internet. The players of the week will feature one pitcher and one hitter each week from the Sox system. This honor is based solely on stats. The award will be announced every Sunday for the rest of the season...More

Wow, I disagree with both. Damn shame I had to leave otherwise I would have argued more with you. I say Sweeney (10/23 .435 average, 5 RBI, 3 runs, 3 2B, 3B, 2 walks, 3 Ks) over Schnur, but you were set on him because of his hitting streak which started before the week. rolleyeyes.gif Sweeney has his own hitting streak going (6) all in this week.

Also Rodriguez's numbers basically suck. I'd rather have a guy with 1 great start (BMac, Stewart) over 2 average starts like Rodriguez.

And let's not forget who's idea this was. MINE! :lol:

Nah, Schnur had a better average and only struck out 3 times in one game. Other than that he flat out raked the ball. He may not of had the run production, but he's also on a 16 game hit streak, which to me gives the nod over Sweeney.

As far as Rodriguez goes, his one start was very good, while his other start was alright. Their weren't that many options and I'm sure their will be some weeks where their are quite a few deserving players.