Royals beat Twins 4-3

Guest JimH

WTF, went to eat, saw it was 3-1 royals in the 8th.

Amazing were still in first after the Oak trip.

I went to work when we were winning 3-1 and was pissed off when I came home to find out we lost. I still haven't watched one replay or read one article about the game, I just don't wanna know what happened.

I went to work when we were winning 3-1 and was pissed off when I came home to find out we lost. I still haven't watched one replay or read one article about the game, I just don't wanna know what happened.

That's what happened to me too; I just thought we might have been able to solve them today. I had to leave right after the Sox AB where Jose had the 2 run HR to put us up 2-0. I was going to work pretty happy; of course I come home to a White Sox loss. Blah.

At least we're still in 1st.

That's what happened to me too; I just thought we might have been able to solve them today.  I had to leave right after the Sox AB where Jose had the 2 run HR to put us up 2-0.  I was going to work pretty happy; of course I come home to a White Sox loss.  Blah.

At least we're still in 1st.

Should be in first by 1.5 games. This was a winnable game today that should have been won, not one of those winnable games where it could have gone either way.

Should be in first by 1.5 games.  This was a winnable game today that should have been won, not one of those winnable games where it could have gone either way.

In reality we should be up by more games than that. I forgot which thread I posted it in, but Jacque Jones was right in what he said. He said it's really surprising that the Twins are still even in the thick of things, by a .5 game even, with the way the Sox have played the Twins. If the Twins ever get hot, it's going to be hell for the Sox.

In reality we should be up by more games than that.  I forgot which thread I posted it in, but Jacque Jones was right in what he said.  He said it's really surprising that the Twins are still even in the thick of things, by a .5 game even, with the way the Sox have played the Twins.  If the Twins ever get hot, it's going to be hell for the Sox.

Jacque Jones has a bad memory.

Taking the N.L. teams out of the equation, these are Minny's records vs. every AL team:

Clev; 4-2

Det; 5-7

k.c.; 8-5

Tor; 4-2

Ana; 0-2

Sea; 4-2

Oak; 1-2

Chi; 3-7

t.b; 2-5

bos; 2-1

They only have winning or even records against Cleveland, KC, Toronto, Seattle and Boston -- only Boston has an above.500 record out of all those teams. Note that they still have yet to play Texas, or the Yankees, have played only 2 vs. Anaheim, and have 13 more vs. an improved Cleveland team. Now, here are the Sox's records vs AL teams:

K.C.; 4-1

NYY; 3-4

T.B.: 4-2

clev; 5-4

tor; 3-4

balt; 4-2

minn; 7-3

tex; 2-1

ana; 3-3

oak; 1-5

sea; 4-2

The Sox have won or tied series' vs. KC, Tampa, Clev, Balt, Minn, Tex, Anaheim, and Seattle. 3 of those teams are above .500. The Sox have many more games vs. the Royals, haven't even played Detroit, and are done with the Yankees and most of their west coast games. They have an underachieving, collapsing-under the-pressure Boston team, and 10 more with Cleveland, but that's about it.

What Jacque Jones doesn't realize is that while they haven't been playing well, they've been not playing well against the lesser teams in the AL(Tampa, Detroit. Just losing 3 of 4 to KC). As it killed the Sox last season, you're in big trouble if you cant beat the teams underneath you. The only weaker team the Sox have a losing record against is Toronto, and they played them when Toronto was still maybe a darkhorse contender before all their injuries hit.