Zambrano is an idiot, nutcase

No. Jeans and a white Jimmy Buffet T-shirt. And it was friggin hot there last night. 81 at game time with 150,000,000% humidity.

friggin' hot?

Remember all those fun posts I made about the nice winter temps down here? Now it's pay back time for me.

103 degrees with 55-60% humidity.

No. Jeans and a white Jimmy Buffet T-shirt. And it was friggin hot there last night. 81 at game time with 150,000,000% humidity.

Oh goody. I get to say it again, in another thread.

WIMPS! :ph34r:

Game time temp: 92.

Humidity: 33%

I think it is funny that a team that has a guy who does a Bunny Hop when he hits a fly ball, does his little chest tap and then flashes gang symbols to the camera is pissed about another player "showboating". Give me a f***ing break. As it has been stated Zambrano is constantly doing s*** on the mound to show up the hitter too. They should worry about winning a game instead of this crap.

:sosasucks :fthecubs

I think it is funny that a team that has a guy who does a Bunny Hop when he hits a fly ball, does his little chest tap and then flashes gang symbols to the camera is pissed about another player "showboating".  Give me a f***ing break.  As it has been stated Zambrano is constantly doing s*** on the mound to show up the hitter too.  They should worry about winning a game instead of this crap.   

:sosasucks  :fthecubs

Right on!!!!

:cheers

:notworthy

:fthecubs

I think it is funny that a team that has a guy who does a Bunny Hop when he hits a fly ball, does his little chest tap and then flashes gang symbols to the camera is pissed about another player "showboating".  Give me a f***ing break.  As it has been stated Zambrano is constantly doing s*** on the mound to show up the hitter too.  They should worry about winning a game instead of this crap.   

:sosasucks  :fthecubs

That's really the thing here.

I'm not big on player showboating (I don't even like it when El Caballo does it) but then again, I recognize it as part of the game. But, if it were Prior or Wood yelling at Edmonds, I wouldn't have much of a problem here. The point is that Zambrano should be the absolute last person to be b****ing about being shown up.

Case in point: when he flipped out at Todd Walker (his own teammate, mind you) on the field earlier this year.

In regards to Cub hatred, the only two guys I don't like are Zambrano and Sosa. All the others are mostly just overrated, but I basically have no problem with them.

Edmonds has been doing that for years, just like how Zambrano shows up the hitter after a strike out.

Edmonds had a right to watch that ball go for awhile, it was hit onto the street, the deepest part you could do so.

Zambrano should be pissed at himself for giving up the gopher balls.

Hell if it was me and Zambrano had previously plunked me I would have admired it even longer. That guy is a nut case.

:fthecubs

It looked to me like a team with a lot of pressure that is fallin apart, just like their stadium.

Hey what do the cubs and wrigley field have in common? They are both falling apart piece by piece, but the fans don't care as long as the beer is cold.

Ba Da Bum Bum...Thank you!! I'll be here all week...try the veal!!

What did Zambrano tell Edmonds? "I told him to run the bases and don't try to be cocky,''

COCKY?? Are you kidding me? This is coming from his f***in fist pumping ass and show you up theatrics after every strikeout on a team with hop along hotdog sammy sosa. The media should be all over this hypocrisy. Not to mention Baker's comments....

Baker blamed La Russa for yapping in the dugout and Edmonds for admiring his home run, ''He did watch it, like a lot of guys do now,'' Baker said. ''What set Barrett off, he saw Tony come to the top step and was barking at somebody.'' And what of Zambrano's antics? ''Actually, it was working for him,'' Baker said. ''That's as well as I've seen him throw the ball in two years."

For BAKER to even mention anyone's behavior after hitting a homer is the most assinie hypocritical thing I've heard in years. He managed Bonds and currently manages Sosa...two of the biggest admirers there are.

LaRussa knows what was up....

"I remember earlier in the year, the Cubs were saying Jim just falls on the ground to get his uniform dirty [on inside pitches], which was a real [expletive] comment,'' La Russa said angrily.

Hey, they talked s*** about Edmonds earlier in the year...they threw him up and in last game...they plunked him in his first at bat this game, then he hits a homer and you're telling the manager isn't gonna get pumped up and maybe say something from the top step of the dugout. Barrett should have known the situation and kept his mouth shut too. If anything he should have went to the mound and told Zambrano to shut the f*** up. Moistest (who I also never liked) said it best to Zambrano "Moises told me that after you get hit, and then hit the ball out of the park, anybody can stay a little bit at home plate,'' Zambrano said. "It's just human reaction. When Moises told me that, I was calm.''

Baker had a chance to show his players he was a stand up guy. It's like a parent when they know their kid did something wrong. You don't continue to defend them just cause it's your kid. You slap em on the ass and send them to bed and apologize for thier actions. Admit you know they were wrong and you'll straighten em out cause that's not how you want to be reflected. At least then the whole organization doesn't look stupid, but Baker blew it and the Cubs are showing the masses what us sox fans always knew they were...LOSERS...minus the lovable.

excerpts from Sun Times articles interspersed with my comments

If i was edmonds, after zambrano tried to hit me earlier in the year and then did this game, after i hit that thing i would have stood there forever. Zambrano is such a hypocrit.

he should have stood there forever then tipped his helmet towards zambrano... :lol:

he should have stood there forever then tipped his helmet towards zambrano... :lol:

i thought phil rogers put it well today:

"Sosa's hops, the ones that render moot any question of how long Edmonds stood at the plate to admire his monster shot to right field onto Sheffield Avenue, will be all too hollow when there are finally some empty seats at Wrigley."

amen to that.

Edmonds has been doing that for years, just like how Zambrano shows up the hitter after a strike out.

Edmonds had a right to watch that ball go for awhile, it was hit onto the street, the deepest part you could do so.

Zambrano should be pissed at himself for giving up the gopher balls.

It's sooooooo nice to see him implode like that. He's such a great example of the state of the Flubbs today.

It looked to me like a team with a lot of pressure that is fallin apart, just like their stadium.

What a bunch of babies. LaTroy you loser. At least Billy Koch blew saves with class.

This is Baker's fault. Didn't knock Wood for flipping on the ump....Didn't knock Zambrano, and now Hawkins. This is the great manager that the Cubs went out and got that everyone was strokin two years ago?? He can't even control his players. The guy that kept saying "WHY NOT US??" and now that it is them, can't handle the pressure. Baker is as overrated as they come.

Good Luck Flubbies.

THis is from Mike Downey's column today in the Trib...

LaTroy Hawkins lost it, Carlos Zambrano lost it, the Cubs lost to the St. Louis Cardinals again Tuesday, they fell to third place and a chunk of concrete fell last Friday from the Wrigley Field upper deck … but I do have good news.

I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance.