Willie Harris

Butter Parque

willie was great last night taking walks and working the pitcher. uribe is struggling right now, i dont mind seeing willie out there. he was doing great before valentin came back. i agree he needs to steal some more bases, if he does that the pitchers will focus more on him stealing bases instead of the batters.

I like the way Ozzie is handling the marginal guys on the team, making them compete for playing time. Willie looked absolutely lost for a couple weeks so Ozzie didn't start him, even in situations you would have thought he should.

Instead he gave him to Greg Walker to work with and just spotted him here and there. Now that he looks a bit hitterish, I'm sure we'll see more of him, and it's Uribe's turn to work on the side and show Ozzie he deserves to get back in.

This approach has worked with Rowand and Timo. You have to contribute in some way, not waste at bats, or the guy sitting next to you is going to get the nod.

You don't have to hit 4 home runs everyday, and one or two 0 for's won't sit you down but unless you consistently compete, you're gonna sit.

Willie looks confident up there, taking close pitches and swinging at strikes. The more pitches he sees, the better he'll hit. He'll come around

Unsound argument. Be a believer man! Really Willie has done well lately taking the walk and getting some solid hits. He has talent and just needs to put it together like some others we have on the team.

I'm wondering why Hawk and DJ don't want Willie to take pitches and take on that leadoff hitter's mentality. They were talking in the broadcast the other night about how they want Willie to swing away, and while I have no problem with that, I was wondering why in the hell they wouldn't want Willie taking pitches like he was. Not taking pitches as a leadoff guy is down right stupid.

Anyways, I do agree. Willie did look pretty good at the plate. He just needs to start stealing more...the fact that he doesn't have 20 steals yet is BS.

He has talent and just needs to put it together like some others we have on the team.

Willie put it together early in the year. He was even hitting when he was playing CF. But the minute he slumped he sat. With Uribe swinging at anything in the zone, Ozzie should stick with Willie.

One thing not mentioned is how fresh Willie will be for the 2nd half. Many guys around the league now are getting tired from everyday play, esp. some young guys not used to the long season. Some guys on Cle [all stars like Belliard, Victor Martinez] are slumping.

Harris could be a big key down the stretch.

Willie put it together early in the year. He was even hitting when he was playing CF. But the minute he slumped he sat. With Uribe swinging at anything in the zone, Ozzie should stick with Willie.

One thing not mentioned is how fresh Willie will be for the 2nd half. Many guys around the league now are getting tired from everyday play, esp. some young guys not used to the long season. Some guys on Cle [all stars like Belliard, Victor Martinez] are slumping.

Harris could be a big key down the stretch.

His cooling off also roughly coincided with his collision with Maggs.