ESPN NFL 2K5

whitesoxin'

Only good part about Madden is simulating on Franchise mode. Other then that it sucks. This is the last year im trying Madden because NCAA is good enough for me.

your entitled to your opinion, but....wow :headshake

Only good part about Madden is simulating on Franchise mode. Other then that it sucks. This is the last year im trying Madden because NCAA is good enough for me.

Your right man...

I HATE playing Madden, it sucks ass.... but simming it is badass, its the only reason I ever get the game..

I buy it every year just to sim Owner mode..

I cant stand the 2k series... $20, I still wouldnt buy it

NCAA is by far better gameplay than madden

Your right man...

I HATE playing Madden, it sucks ass.... but simming it is badass, its the only reason I ever get the game..

I buy it every year just to sim Owner mode..

I cant stand the 2k series... $20, I still wouldnt buy it

NCAA is by far better gameplay than madden

how can you LOVE ncaa and HATE madden, it just doesn't make sense. Yes they both are different, but not that different.

I just finished playing my first game. This is a VERY DIFFERENT game than years past for the 2K series. The gameplay is realistic and it isn't too easy to score. You can earn rewards to buy stuff for your "crib" and the VIP mode is awesome. It records like all of what a player does and makes an AI for them, so it's like playing against one of your friends, even though they aren't there. It is a very cool new feature. I would recommend buying it to everyone, because it is well worth the $20. I don't think I'll even get Madden after playing this game. It is just like an ESPN Sunday Night Game, from pregame to halftime to postgame. For $20, you can't go wrong.

I just finished playing my first game. This is a VERY DIFFERENT game than years past for the 2K series. The gameplay is realistic and it isn't too easy to score. You can earn rewards to buy stuff for your "crib" and the VIP mode is awesome. It records like all of what a player does and makes an AI for them, so it's like playing against one of your friends, even though they aren't there. It is a very cool new feature. I would recommend buying it to everyone, because it is well worth the $20. I don't think I'll even get Madden after playing this game. It is just like an ESPN Sunday Night Game, from pregame to halftime to postgame. For $20, you can't go wrong.

It looked kind of cool in the commercials but I'm not a fan of Chris Berman being in the game but I don't think that's a good reason not to buy the game. :lol:

It looked kind of cool in the commercials but I'm not a fan of Chris Berman being in the game but I don't think that's a good reason not to buy the game. :lol:

I hate Berman, but it's cool to see highlights of the game at halftime and they show in depth higlights, one for every score. They even show highlights of games I didn't play. It is a lot different than Madden, but different in a good way.

I'm gettin it, hopefully tomorrow.

Madden is weak sauce, a product of hype.

I've always liked the gameplay in the Sega series. Madden is too easy. Everyone I know masters it. Plus it's the same thing every year. Heck, I'm sick of it and I only owned 99 and have played other years with friends.

Found this article bout other ESPN Games from Gamespot,

Once again, it appears that an online retailer may have preempted a major announcement from a publisher. Earlier today, EBgames.com began listing both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of ESPN NHL 2K5 and ESPN NBA 2K5 for $19.99. The new price point is the same as for ESPN NFL 2K5, whose discounting sent waves through the industry when it was announced last month.

However, the new price point is not official--yet. When contacted by GameSpot, representatives of Visual Concepts, the Sega-owned developer of all ESPN titles, would neither confirm nor deny the price point but promised that there "will be an announcement soon."

Last month, nearly identical wording was used to respond to inquiries about EB Games' preemptive listing of ESPN NFL 2K5 for $19.99. However, NFL 2K5's discounting was corroborated by product pages from the online store of EB's rival, Gamestop. As of this afternoon, Gamestop was still listing NBA 2K5 and NHL 2K5 for the standard $49.99.

If true, the repricing of NBA 2K5 and NHL 2K5 would mark another bold joint move by ESPN copublishers Sega and Take-Two Interactive, which executives outlined in a recent GameSpot Q&A. However, since the two titles are not nearly as complete as NFL 2K5 was when its cost fell, some industry-watchers are concerned that the price reduction could mean fewer resources will be devoted to their development.

ESPN is doing the only thing they can to take away from the madden series. People will see the game for 20 bucks and then be like screw madden. If the game is as good as people say it is next year they can sell it for 50 bucks and peole will like what they had last year and get it instead of madden. Its a great marketing idea.

You spend 50 bucks a year to sim Madden???

negative17.jpg

:banghead

f*** off Tony...

Yes, I do hate playing Madden... NCAA Gameplay is so much better than Maddens, but I do buy the game because I like the Franchise mode.. Ill play it occasionally but not as much as NCAA because I just cant stand it..

Just finished a game with the Bears. Beat the Chargers 31-10 behind two touchdowns from Thomas Jones and 2 picks by Peanut. The game just keeps getting better and better. I can't score at will and the passing and running games are very streaky, just like in real life. Great game.