ESPN NFL 2K5

whitesoxin'

Brother went out and bought it today, i played a few minutes of it. I liked it....the presentation is really really good. Right now I'm playing NCAA, but once i get in the pro football mood, i might skip over madden and just play 2k, seems very cool.

what are the controlls like for ps2?

Just like any other football game.

Played it a little more today and still no complaints. The only bad thing would be the amount of INT thrown, but that's probably because Grossman has a really bad rating in the game.

Just like any other football game.

Played it a little more today and still no complaints. The only bad thing would be the amount of INT thrown, but that's probably because Grossman has a really bad rating in the game.

I played a few more games today and honestly can say I didn't like it. I've never liked any of the other 2k games either, guess it's just not my style. Things seemed to go too fast, too out of control. The presentation is downright awesome, but isn't any use if I don't like the gameplay....I'm sticking with NCAA and madden.

Rex Grossman sucks in this game. In my first two games in a Bears franchise, his completion percentage was around 30% and had thrown 6 INTs and 0 TDs. I ended up trading a future first round pick and Knight for Kerry Collins from the Raiders. One thing you must do in this game is throw the ball at the right time, and not into double or triple coverage, or it might very well be picked off.

Well, I went out and bought the game today.

Probably a bad idea to just blow 20 bucks on something you don't know if it's good or not.

First impressions:

I guess I'm just a Madden guy. I'll play it a bit, because I heard that this game is very tough to get used to, especially if you're a Madden lover. So I'll try it out a bit more, but so far, nothin. I'm gonna actually play a whole game, see how I like it, give impressionis.

I got this game yesterday, I love it.  The player movement is so fluid, it's sick.  They cut and fall and crash into each other like real people, and not like sprites that pivot.

Another great thing is the sounds of the game. You hear player banter all the time, even when there's an injury. You really feel into the game while playing.

Meh - I played the game, eight minute quarters - wasn't very impressed at all...  Wasted 20 bucks, hopefully Gamestop will give me most of my money back when I redeem it to go towards Madden.

me and you think alike man....i just like the way madden plays so much better.

I got this game yesterday, I love it.  The player movement is so fluid, it's sick.  They cut and fall and crash into each other like real people, and not like sprites that pivot.

I've never seen a more complete football game. I also like the passes, you can see an opening and it seems much more realistic when you pass it threw a hole. I haven't seen many of those triple coverage receptions, but I have seen more where you lob them and it goes over a lb and you hit your Te or what not.

I also like how the qb has to turn to see parts of the field, cause honestly, no qb can see the hole field like they usually do in Madden. Oh ya, the run graphics and the whole tackling sequences are amazing.

That doesn't beging to talk about how great the commentary and just graphics that tie into the game are. Hell, even Berman is pretty awesome in the game. They integrate stats well, have cool replays, and the halftime show is just crazy cool in a sense.

Just an awesome football game. I'm saying no to Madden. By the way, if anyone lives near a FYE music, you can get it for 14.99 on either PS2 or XBOx. Its 19.99 with a 5 mail in rebate.

I agree with everything you said Jas. It is the most realistic game I've ever seen. You can't pass into a lot of coverage or it will be picked off or at least batted away and if your recievers run their routes and you hit them at the right time then you are almost gaurenteed a catch. Defense is also not easy like in some games, so it's a very balanced game.

I didn't read the whole post to see if anyone posted this yet but.....the Target where I live had the game for like $15 when it came out and is still at that price as of last nite. I prefer madden but for$15 its worth a shot ;)

I don't know guys, at first I didn't like it, but I keep giving it more chances and I continue to like it more everytime i play it. It's so smooth and so fun to play. If your a madden lover like I am, give it a few more chances, once you get used to the way the guys run, it really turns into a fun ass game. I'm seriously considering not getting madden now.

I've always liked the gameplay in the Sega series. Madden is too easy. Everyone I know masters it. Plus it's the same thing every year. Heck, I'm sick of it and I only owned 99 and have played other years with friends.

Change the A.I. it's that simple. Master it on All-Madden with the A.I all the way up for the CPU and all the way down for you, I'll envy you.

The gameplay can be adjusted, that's a poor reason to not like the game.

the Target where I live had the game for like $15 when it came out and is still at that price as of last nite.

Same here. It's $14.99 at Target and there's no mail-in rebate or anything; it's just $14.99, which I don't at all mind spending on a new video game, especially if I really like it.

Today I went back to play my first game of NCAA Football since buying ESPN Football and had to stop playing in the second quarter. Now I am really amazed at what Sega has done. It blows away NCAA Football and now I'm thinking of just turning in my NCAA game and hopefully get most of my money back. I don't know, I'll give it another shot, but the graphics, presentation, and gameplay are just that much better with ESPN that I don't think it's necessary to have another football game.