Cycling vs. Nascar

Is Nascar or Cycling more of a sport?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nascar or Cycling more of a sport?

• Cycling
    • Nascar
    • Neither

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes alot more to drive a Nascar then drive a motorcycle to Florida like your saying. I can easily drive a motorcycle to Florida right now but id never be able to last in a Nascar race in my current state. I dont have the physical capabilities to do it. Your trying again to compare normal every day types of driving to something totally different.

Pet peeve alert: It is not alot, it is a lot. A lot of people make this mistake. Back to your bickering thread.

It takes alot more to drive a Nascar then drive a motorcycle to Florida like your saying. I can easily drive a motorcycle to Florida right now but id never be able to last in a Nascar race in my current state. I dont have the physical capabilities to do it. Your trying again to compare normal every day types of driving to something totally different.

Please explain how it would be more difficult to drive in a NASCAR race than to drive cross-country on a Harly...I don't get it.

Remember, this thread started as a discussion about NASCAR vs cycling...I don't think there are ANY 300 pound riders in the Tour de France.

But we are talking about whether NASCAR is a sport now. I think everyone classifies baseball as a sport right? The detractors are all railing NASCAR for how "easy" it is, how anyone can do it. If fat people can be superstars in baseball, doesn't that mean that anyone can play baseball? You don't have to be in shape to play baseball if you look at some of the people who excell at it. And to me that makes the anyone can do it, arguement, invalid as a reason to dismiss NASCAR as a sport. Heck if some fatass can be one of the best pitchers in the game, how hard can it be? That's my point. The arguement is absurd.

But we are talking about whether NASCAR is a sport now.  I think everyone classifies baseball as a sport right?  The detractors are all railing NASCAR for how "easy" it is, how anyone can do it.  If fat people can be superstars in baseball, doesn't that mean that anyone can play baseball?  You don't have to be in shape to play baseball if you look at some of the people who excell at it.  And to me that makes the anyone can do it, arguement, invalid as a reason to dismiss NASCAR as a sport.  Heck if some fatass can be one of the best pitchers in the game, how hard can it be?  That's my point.  The arguement is absurd.

There is more of a chance that CC Sabathia could drive in NASCAR than Jeff Gordon throwing a 90+ mph fastball!

Wouldn't FLA be considered southern? Just wondering.

Yea, it would. I was being specific.

Is there a reason you do nothing but nit pick with others... over stuff you claim not to care about..? Just wondering.

There is more of a chance that CC Sabathia could drive in NASCAR than Jeff Gordon throwing a 90+ mph fastball!

And why is that? Do you have some kind of ergonomic mapping of Jeff Gordon's body that shows his realitve amount of fast twitch muscle in his throwing arm? Have you been on a closed circuit track with CC and his stock car? Do you know that a near 300 pound man could handle temperatures of upto 140 degrees for 4 hours straight with out going into heat stroke? What's to say if these same NASCAR drivers grew up playing baseball of their life they couldn't succeed as well?

And why is that?  Do you have some kind of ergonomic mapping of Jeff Gordon's body that shows his realitve amount of fast twitch muscle in his throwing arm?  Have you been on a closed circuit track with CC and his stock car?  Do you know that a near 300 pound man could handle temperatures of upto 140 degrees for 4 hours straight with out going into heat stroke?  What's to say if these same NASCAR drivers grew up playing baseball of their life they couldn't succeed as well?

Just my opinion...settle down!

Some of you are some real ignorant assholes. Including you Mike, who chose to resort to using this term. Unreal. Simply unreal.

Yeah probably a bad choice of words in retrospect. But the point stands, you don't have to be some great in shape athlete to play a "sport".

I didn't know I was nitpicking.

What do you call pointing out that Florida is a southern state...? Do you think I don't know that? Please.. enlighten me as to why you chose to dig at me about Florida being a southern state when all I did was give a little more information about where organized racing started...

Yeah probably a bad choice of words in retrospect.  But the point stands, you don't have to be some great in shape athlete to play a "sport".

Assholes probably didn't need to be used.. but it was ignorant, IMO.

You dont have to have use the strength it takes to turn a car in Nascar when driving a Harley. You dont have to have the endurance and all to drive across country its not the same. Maybe your traveling just as far or so but your not dealing with the same things.

I have never driven in NASCAR, nor have I ridden (rode?) a Harley.

I am not arguing here for the sake of arguing, I am trying to get educated on the topic of discussion.

Let's not get squirelly here!

Yeah hes probably the fattest one and let me ask you this. When was the last time you heard people talking about Jimmy Spencer doing anything amazing ?? He cant compete with everyone else.

I don't follow NASCAR...I wouldn't know Jimmy Spencer if he fell on me!

The only Jim Spencer I know played 1st base for the Whitesox in the 70s-80s.

Then why use baseball to make that point? Just look at the NFL and you will have a lot more proof of that.

Baseball is what I know best. It was an easy example to make. I could have used football or guys like Oliver Miller in basketball.

The point is the you have to have these perfect specime type-athletes doing it to be considered a sport is absurd. Just because guys are small and skinny doesn't mean that they can't play a sport anymore than a 400 pound guy can't play a sport.

Just my opinion...settle down!

Actually you said there's more of a chance that CC could drive a NASCAR than Gordon could throw a fast ball...

Why so? What the reason for the better chance to CC to excel in Jeff's job but not vice versa..?

What do you call pointing out that Florida is a southern state...? Do you think I don't know that? Please.. enlighten me as to why you chose to dig at me about Florida being a southern state when all I did was give a little more information about where organized racing started...

It seemed to me that you thought Florida would not be considered a southern state. Why? I have no idea. That is what I thought and that is why I posted it as a question to you. Why are you getting so angry?

Baseball is what I know best.  It was an easy example to make.  I could have used football or guys like Oliver Miller in basketball. 

The point is the you have to have these perfect specime type-athletes doing it to be considered a sport is absurd.  Just because guys are small and skinny doesn't mean that they can't play a sport anymore than a 400 pound guy can't play a sport.

"Overweight" guys like Oliver Miller (NBA) and/or Warren Sapp (NFL) can "run circles" around NASCAR drivers.

Football and Basketball are not baseball!