Cycling vs. Nascar

Is Nascar or Cycling more of a sport?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nascar or Cycling more of a sport?

• Cycling
    • Nascar
    • Neither

Your saying that Universities would not invest in a sport that draws 90 million people a year?

It would have to start at the lower levels. Without HS sports there aren't college sports. It would be incredibly expensive for a HS to build a race track, and then buy race cars, parts, safety equiptment etc. The up front investment is hugely cost phobitive. We are talking about millions of dollars per facility. Plus can you imagine the zoning fits that would get thrown if someone tried to build a racetack in your backyard? And then to have this happen in tons of HS and college towns accross the nation?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for everyone here that loves NASCAR. If NASCAR is a sport then how come there is not one single high school or college NASCAR team? If it was truly a sport wouldn't there be such things?

NASCAR to me is like watching a hamster run in his wheel.

Hey, I love watching my rats (read: 3 hamsters, 2 mice) run their wheels. :wub:

I'm down with that.

Admittedly, I know little, if anything about NASCAR. It bores the hell out of me!

I have been asking questions on this thread so maybe I can learn something about it.

Nascar can be the most boring thing in the world. I used to go to races as a kid and fall asleep in the middle of it. Untill you truly understand and realize what all it takes and what goes into it that you really appreciate it and enjoy it more.

Nascar can be the most boring thing in the world. I used to go to races as a kid and fall asleep in the middle of it. Untill you truly understand and realize what all it takes and what goes into it that you really appreciate it and enjoy it more.

Maybe...for now I will stick with watching the 4 "major sports" plus boxing.

No NASCAR, no golf (playing not watching), no tennis, etc.

And quite honestly I hate NASCAR. I think it is boring as hell. But that is just my opinion, and I can't take anything away from what it takes to be the best at it.

I totally understand how people feel though about Nascar. They absolutely hate it and dont understand how people watch it. I absolutely hate Basketball and Hockey and I dont understand whats so great about it. People make their basketball and hockey threads and I dont jump in their and tell them how much i hate it. I just dnot get why theirs so much of a need for people to throw their comments and opinions out there about something they know nothing much about. I dont know anythinga bout hockey or basketball so i dont go saying stuff about it because i dont want to make an ass out of myself.

I totally understand how people feel though about Nascar. They absolutely hate it and dont understand how people watch it. I absolutely hate Basketball and Hockey and I dont understand whats so great about it. People make their basketball and hockey threads and I dont jump in their and tell them how much i hate it. I just dnot get why theirs so much of a need for people to throw their comments and opinions out there about something they know nothing much about. I dont know anythinga bout hockey or basketball so i dont go saying stuff about it because i dont want to make an ass out of myself.

Game. Set. Match.

Don't have anything nice to say.. don't say anything at all.

Keep in mind...I never said NASCAR sucks, I just said it doesn't interest me.

There's a big difference.

I'm sorry.. I'm looking for where I said you said anything of the sort... :huh

Someone editing my posts again..? rolleyeyes.gif

I'm sorry.. I'm looking for where I said you said anything of the sort... :huh

Someone editing my posts again..? rolleyeyes.gif

You won't find anything where I said NASCAR sucks.

I said it bores me, I know nothing about it, I don't watch it, etc.,

I never said that you did, Steff.

You're "my Soxtalk girl"...I have nothing but love for you!

Ahhh.. you were responding to my "Game.Set.Match" post like I said you said something, which I never said you said anything....

:unsure:

:lol: :lolhitting

The Tour de France is just a sick event. It's probably one of the most dangerous legitimate sporting events in existence. Between having to deal with spectators on the course, legendarily mean domestiques doing anything to get their leader the yellow jersey and the sheer power needed to finish one stage let alone 20. That being said, it is one of the most boring things to watch in person, and the organizers make it impossible for Pierre Winebottle to see the actual finish, by blocking that area off for corporate sponsor guests and VIPs like Sheryl Crow. When I saw Lance win the tour last year, I didn't really see him win. I got 5 or 6 glimpses of his jersey as he blew past in the middle of the Champs-Elysees lap which they do ten times. I saw him win, I never need to see the Tour live again. TV is just fine for that. :-)

I don't much care for NASCAR, but I don't care if its a sport or not. Not important to me. I think it is, cause I hear about it on ESPN. It is more of a sport than Poker that's for sure. There is definite skill and physical ability necessary to be good at it.

I just like to poke fun at NASCAR. Well, I like to poke fun at everything really. I just get a kick at how sensitive NASCAR people are sometimes. I know, I'm an ass.

That's just plain stupid and totally ignores Steff's point, which was answering a previou question about the media calling Auot Racing the Number 1 spectator sport.

I wasn't attacking Steff I was being really sarcastic, and I haven't read any of the posts after this one, but the ones before it have me defending it as a sport. SSI brought wrestling into the equation, said it had large attendance numbers, and said it wasn't a sport. It had nothing to do with anything but somehow he thought it proved his point.

Now I know why a good pct. of the people here dislike me. I can disagree with both sides of an argument simultaneously.

What kind of shape do you need to be in?

Don't equate endurance with athletic ability!!!

Trust me dude. I guarantee if you drov 200 MPH for 500 miles in heavy traffic in a "cicle", you'd be sore for a week. GUARANTEE!

Trust me dude. I guarantee if you drov 200 MPH for 500 miles in heavy traffic in a "cicle", you'd be sore for a week. GUARANTEE!

My dad was sore for 2 after only 8 laps, with no traffic, and not at full speed.

A - Freakin' - men! :notworthy