game thread: remember the Ft Dearborn massacre

cwsox

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And rightfully so.  You have to call that both ways.  The only reason he didn't call it is because we are winning by 12.

i can understand that, but not when a pitcher has a perfect game, you don't screw him like that.

Why? He hasn't even thrown 80 pitches, and has still faced the minimum.

WHY!?

Because Mark is easily in line for the win. He will pitch one more inning, but Ozzie isn't stupid. Mark has done a good job and he won't let his arm be used like that.

WHY!?

Because Mark is easily in line for the win. He will pitch one more inning, but Ozzie isn't stupid. Mark has done a good job and he won't let his arm be used like that.

He is no where near "using" his arm. Unless Mark gets into trouble, he will go 9 innings. mark my word.

In my mind, if the ump was giving that pitch earlier in the game even though he thought it was marginal, when the game so far out of hand he might decide not to call it anymore because off the blow out. To make the pitcher more "honest" or something.

I'm not saying the ump thought it was marginal earlier in the game, but it might explain why he all of a sudden stopped giving it to the pitcher. To break up a perfect game to that point because he decided to change his mind is kind of a snub though any way you look at it.

Just because Minny has a 2 run lead doesn't mean TB is out of it. They're a tough team and they play hard...a 2 run lead isn't the end of them when only a third of the game has been played.

Just ask Billy Koch how fast a 2 run lead can disappear against Tampa Bay...