This is fucked up.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

one is a piece of blantant slanted and biased political propaganda that has no more news value that the National Enquirer

I'm sorry but it drives me crazy when people talk about the news media being slanted and biased. All the news stations are the same. They tell the same stories...interview the same people...the only difference is they have different newscasters. So really it's all personal preference. I personally don't enjoy watching the news, but I can tolerate MSNBC and Fox. But to me, CNN is a load of crap. So in reality, the slanted and biased ideas are all personal opinion. So in effect, you just insulted a whole lot of people because like it or not, Fox has a high rating.

And now that I've pissed you off, I'm gonna go hide.

I'm sorry but it drives me crazy when people talk about the news media being slanted and biased.  All the news stations are the same.  They tell the same stories...interview the same people...the only difference is they have different newscasters.  So really it's all personal preference.  I personally don't enjoy watching the news, but I can tolerate MSNBC and Fox.  But to me, CNN is a load of crap.  So in reality, the slanted and biased ideas are all personal opinion.  So in effect, you just insulted a whole lot of people because like it or not, Fox has a high rating.

Try National Public Radio. It is more objective and informative than anything out there.

TV news as a whole sucks. There are few exceptions but I cannot think of any off hand.

I certainly never meant to insult anyone. I think Fox News is trash. Yet it can be very watchable. Media values and news values are not the same. For those wo feel that Fox News is worthwhile, then we simply have the operation of the hmarketplace and different folks respond to different things so no big deal, I certainly have no less opinion of anyone because they watch a certain news show or network.

Now if they are cubs fans, then I have a problem with them! :lol:

I'm sorry but it drives me crazy when people talk about the news media being slanted and biased.  All the news stations are the same.  They tell the same stories...interview the same people...the only difference is they have different newscasters.  So really it's all personal preference.  I personally don't enjoy watching the news, but I can tolerate MSNBC and Fox.  But to me, CNN is a load of crap.  So in reality, the slanted and biased ideas are all personal opinion.  So in effect, you just insulted a whole lot of people because like it or not, Fox has a high rating. 

And now that I've pissed you off, I'm gonna go hide.

:cheers

What we are seeing is a brilliant strategy by the GOP to undermine one of our greatest tools in keeping government honest, a free press. What good is a free press if no one will believe it? By sending out Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc. day after day and convincing the American public that the media is wrong and only conservative talk show hosts speak the truth, they are making themselves critic proof.

As I sad, a brilliant strategy. The Soviet Union had TAAS, the GOP has Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly et.al. It's like Zambrano complaing about showboating.

You'll never guess which country allows the Al Jazeera network to be broadcast but does NOT allow the Fox News Channel.

Give up yet?!?!?

It's Canada. rolleyeyes.gif I'm not kidding.

Canada also lets groups like Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad collect "charitable donations", but denies Mogen David Adom (Israeli Red Cross) the same opportunity.

I say :fyou :canada

Try National Public Radio.  It is more objective and informative than anything out there.

TV news as a whole sucks.  There are few exceptions but I cannot think of any off hand.

I certainly never meant to insult anyone.  I think Fox News is trash.  Yet it can be very watchable.  Media values and news values are not the same.  For those wo feel that Fox News is worthwhile, then we simply have the operation of the hmarketplace and different folks respond to different things so no big deal, I certainly have no less opinion of anyone because they watch a certain news show or network.

WRONG!!!!!

NPR is the most anti-Israel/pro-Palestinian (pro-terrorist) media outlet in the US!

Bulls***...I noticed Fox News was practically the only media outlet to cover the whole Sandy Berger controversy, which may I say is freaking disgusting.

I'm sorry it was an honest mistake...for christ sake he was stuffing the documents in his pants and socks and their are witnesses to prove it. Its absolutely ridiculous that this isn't getting aired because for the past few days its been one of the biggest stories out their.

This is a guy that was the National Security adviser under Bill CLinton. He was in the archives looking at all the September 11th documents and was caught stuffing stuff down his pants and socks. They are still investigating the whole thing, but this is a pretty big situation. This is someone going into national security archives and removing documents.

He has now returned some of the documents, while others are still missing.

Bulls***...I noticed Fox News was practically the only media outlet to cover the whole Sandy Berger controversy

Jas - I am wondering about that - NPR has been covering it thoroughly, exhaustively since the moment the info was leaked - I have heard extensive coverage the past two days - I am not too sure what to make of it all yet but it has been covered extensively other than on Fox. I can't speak to the other electronic media because I haven't been following them.

But I humbly suggest that Fox News has in no way been alone in covering this.

Jas - I am wondering about that - NPR has been covering it thoroughly, exhaustively since the moment the info was leaked - I have heard extensive coverage the past two days - I am not too sure what to make of it all yet but it has been covered extensively other than on Fox.  I can't speak to the other electronic media because I haven't been following them.

But I humbly suggest that Fox News has in no way been alone in covering this.

Well I know it was on the very last page of the LA Times and that CNN has mentioned nothing about it. CNN is on at the place my friend works at and I usually am in their in the morning and watch the morning news their and I heard nothing of the sort on it there.

I was also talking to some friends that watch CNN a lot and they were shocked when I told them this story.

Try National Public Radio.  It is more objective and informative than anything out there.

TV news as a whole sucks.  There are few exceptions but I cannot think of any off hand.

I certainly never meant to insult anyone.  I think Fox News is trash.  Yet it can be very watchable.  Media values and news values are not the same.  For those wo feel that Fox News is worthwhile, then we simply have the operation of the hmarketplace and different folks respond to different things so no big deal, I certainly have no less opinion of anyone because they watch a certain news show or network.

NPR? Objective. LMFAO!!!!!!!! :lol:

Only you and your leftist pals would consider NPR objective. NPR makes Michael Moore look like a Christian Right wing zealot.

www.antiwar.com  They have a link to tons of news agencies on there.

Gotcha.

Sounds pretty Watergate-esque that a top advisor to John Kerry is sneaking classified documents out of places in is pants and socks, even after he has been warned not to do it, and they began tracking his activites. As was said before Berger has been in national security forever, and he knows all of the proper rules for the handling of classified documents. Yet he is making notes, removing copies, taking stuff home with him...There has to be a reason why.

No doubt the timing of the leak was on purpose to embarass the Kerry camp before their primary.

Haha, antiwar.com is calling this "Trousergate". :lol:

Democrat John Kerry's presidential campaign accused the Bush White House on Wednesday of disclosing the existence of a criminal investigation against former national security adviser Sandy Berger for political advantage.

The objective of such a leak, the Kerry campaign said in a political memo distributed by email, was to take attention away from a report to be issued on Thursday by the commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

That's from a Reuters news report on the topic. I'm not saying I doubt the claims against Berger because there is a very good possibility of it, I'm just saying that the timing of this coming out is interesting to say the least.

one is a piece of blantant slanted and biased political propaganda that has no more news value that the National Enquirer

the other is like it but in Arabic and may actually have news value

rolleyeyes.gif :headshake

Gotcha. 

Sounds pretty Watergate-esque that a top advisor to John Kerry is sneaking classified documents out of places in is pants and socks, even after he has been warned not to do it, and they began tracking his activites.  As was said before Berger has been in national security forever, and he knows all of the proper rules for the handling of classified documents.  Yet he is making notes, removing copies, taking stuff home with him...There has to be a reason why.

No doubt the timing of the leak was on purpose to embarass the Kerry camp before their primary.

Primary? :huh

Did you mean Convention?