Lots of Sox Fans at Van Halen Last night.

SAVVY18

I went to see Van Halen last night at the United Center and as Sammy was beginning his solo, he was talking to the crowd and asked if there was "a baseball game tomorrow?" The crowd didn't go for it. To try and get them he said that the cubs manager had invited him to the game and the Booo's just rained out from the crowd. It was beautiful. He had no idea what was going on. He figured that would get the crowd going like it does in most cities. Confused, he said something to the effect of "I don't know, but you f***ers can sure turn on someone in a hurry" and then went into his solo. :fthecubs

I guess on Monday night, someone threw Mike a Sox hat and when he put it on the place went nuts. :headbang

wow!  I'm actually surprised at that.  Maybe indeed the lovable losers aren't so lovable anymore???

I'd have to say that this years Cubs squad is one of the most unlikeable group of guys I've seen assembled, at least since Albert Belle and Jaime Navarro were Sox. They might even have those guys beat since there were some decent guys on those Sox teams. From top to bottom, this year's Cubs are jerks.

And it's really surprising because last year's group was pretty likeable (hard as it is for a Sox fan to say that, there was something very compelling about that group and I almost... almost felt bad about seeing them choke).

Before I turn Cubby Blue... :fthecubs

They were talking about it  on MJ&H. Someone was also wearing a Hawks jersey.

MJ&H were talking about Monday's show yesterday afternoon. Mike came out with a Hawks Jersey on and I believe Mike also put on a Sox hat and the crowd went nuts.

Last night, Among all of the other stuff thrown up there, there was a Prior jersy and a couple of cub hats thrown up there and an AWESOME Hawks jersey that had 5150 as the number, Van Halen as the name. A 51 on the one sleeve, a 50 on the other and a VH where the C or A is normally at. It was sweet. Sammy had it on during Best of Both Worlds. The only thing that would have made it better is if it was a Red Jersey for the Red Rocker!!

I still love the fact that the crowd didn't go nuts for cub crap!!