The truth about your water

southsider2k5

Studies have shown that Chicago tap water is healthier, and tastes better than ANY bottled water currently on the market.

In fact, White Hen Pantry sells a bottled water called "Chicago Tap Water"...I kid you not.

Mmmm.. yes. Yummy indeed. With all the flavored flouride they add to it to cover up the pesticides, chlorine, etc, etc.. not to mention all the micro organisms living in there... yum-me.

And yes.. that was a brand of water.. purified, processed, then bottled.

But greasy is right.. the midwest is better than most of the rest of the US (Colorado & Utah, IIRC, have the best natural water in the country). However, it's by no means "healthy".

I think you're right. When we were camping in the Rockies the tap water was the best water I have ever tasted. I think it is actually pure water, great taste and very clear.

So you don't like the heavy metal poisoned water from around the steel mills? Some people are just impossible to satisfy. :lol:

So you don't like the heavy metal poisoned water from around the steel mills?  Some people are just impossible to satisfy. :lol:

I wouldn't dare to drink our tap water. We buy the 5 gallon jugs from Coastal Valley. I'm actually drinking some now because all this water talk got me thirsty. :lol:

So you don't like the heavy metal poisoned water from around the steel mills?  Some people are just impossible to satisfy. :lol:

What about the pesticides..? And let's not forget the eboli (sp?) that has CLOSED most of the cities beaches...

The water is not safe to swim in.. but it's safe to drink..?? Yea.. OK.

Mmmm.. yes. Yummy indeed. With all the flavored flouride they add to it to cover up the pesticides, chlorine, etc, etc.. not to mention all the micro organisms living in there... yum-me.

And yes.. that was a brand of water.. purified, processed, then bottled.

But greasy is right.. the midwest is better than most of the rest of the US (Colorado & Utah, IIRC, have the best natural water in the country). However, it's by no means "healthy".

Supposedly, the filtration that Chicago tap water undergoes makes it as healthy, if not healthier than any bottled water you can buy.

Supposedly, the filtration that Chicago tap water undergoes makes it as healthy, if not healthier than any bottled water you can buy.

Believe what you want. My old neighbor works for the Water Reclaimation Department.. and if they would advise against drinking it... there's something to it, IMO. As well we had our water in Plainfield tested.. there are over 800 chemicals and micro-organisms in it.. It barely meets code.

It's chlorinated to death. Chlorine is not "healthy".

Believe what you want. My old neighbor works for the Water Reclaimation Department.. and if they would advise against drinking it... there's something to it, IMO. As well we had our water in Plainfield tested.. there are over 800 chemicals and micro-organisms in it.. It barely meets code.

It's chlorinated to death. Chlorine is not "healthy".

So do you just drink only bottled water?