How about upgrading 3rd B?

sox-r-us

If we are going for it this year, how about trying to get someone like Vinny Castilla for 3B? The Rockies must be looking at selling their vets ...

What is his contract status? Anyone know? If we can get him for only one more year at a decent salary, I would go for it and use Crede as bench IF instead (and send Gload down)

I am not sure Crede will be useful down the stretch.....he is horrible at the plate with his swings and willbe automatic out in the playoffs

Someone like Castilla, hitting >0.280 and will hit >30 dingers for the year would be huge in my mind

Gotta remember where he's playing half his games. His road split looks like this:

30 for 157, 5 hrs, 18 rbi 34ks 13 w's obp of .259, which is horrible, batting avg of .191, slugging of .363.

Outside of Colorado - suck city.

Crede is "suck-city" WHEREVER he plays!

I'm going to type in CAPS because I'm pissed! WHEN THE M'S WERE WANTING TO TRADE GARCIA, THEY ASKED FOR CREDE. KW GAVE THEM MIGUEL AND MORSE! REED WAS ALREADY PART OF THE DEAL. I READ THIS IN THE TRIB A FEW DAYS AFTER THE TRADE!!!!! WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE CATCHER SITUATION AND WE COULD'VE PUT JUAN OR SOMEBODY ELSE AT THIRD!!!!!

it was my understanding that they wanted olivo and crede... but then "setteled" for olivo and reed instead... sounded to me like KW didnt have a choice, olivo was goin to be a part of this deal no matter what

Why is everybody giving up on Crede. Hes a potential gold glove third baseman and hes not going to stay cold forever you saw what he did the second half of last year at this point wouldnt you rather have Joe out there than Uribe who isnt hitting any better.

Why is everybody giving up on Crede. Hes a potential gold glove third baseman and hes not going to stay cold forever you saw what he did the second half of last year at this point wouldnt you rather have Joe out there than Uribe who isnt hitting any better.

Nobody is giving up on him? Getting a 3B vet who can help us down the stretch and put Crede on the bench or getting reps in the minors is not so bad short term and long term.

See my first post. I want a vet who's contract expires soon (next year or year after)

That way the vet can also be back up IF for next year when Jose might be gone (who is our 3B back up then - Uribe?)

I'm going to type in CAPS because I'm pissed! WHEN THE M'S WERE WANTING TO TRADE GARCIA, THEY ASKED FOR CREDE. KW GAVE THEM MIGUEL AND MORSE! REED WAS ALREADY PART OF THE DEAL. I READ THIS IN THE TRIB A FEW DAYS AFTER THE TRADE!!!!! WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE CATCHER SITUATION AND WE COULD'VE PUT JUAN OR SOMEBODY ELSE AT THIRD!!!!!

That's my big problem with this deal. It could have been done a lot sooner and a lot cheaper and we'd be 5 games higher or so in the standings.

Now, it's all done and in the past and at this point complaining about the deal is like crying over spilled milk.

That's my big problem with this deal.  It could have been done a lot sooner and a lot cheaper and we'd be 5 games higher or so in the standings. 

Now, it's all done and in the past and at this point complaining about the deal is like crying over spilled milk.

i dont think it could have been done sooner, the M's GM didnt even wanna do a trade as early as it was done

we just gave him a deal that he knew wouldnt be better

Gotta remember where he's playing half his games. His road split looks like this:

30 for 157, 5 hrs, 18 rbi 34ks 13 w's obp of .259, which is horrible, batting avg of .191, slugging of .363.

Outside of Colorado - suck city.

You also have to take into account that, this year, USCF has been a BETTER hitter's park then Coors.

(you must also take into account the fact that the NL West has much better overall pitching then the AL Central, and that the White Sox have a better offense then the Rockies)

I do agree, however, that something COULD be done to help upgrade our 3B situation. Shea Hillenbrand, Joe Randa, even Vinny Castilla, and others could as well as the deadline nears and teams decide whether or not they will contend.

You also have to take into account that, this year, USCF has been a BETTER hitter's park then Coors.

(you must also take into account the fact that the NL West has much better overall pitching then the AL Central, and that the White Sox have a better offense then the Rockies)

I do agree, however, that something COULD be done to help upgrade our 3B situation.  Shea Hillenbrand, Joe Randa, even Vinny Castilla, and others could as well as the deadline nears and teams decide whether or not they will contend.

I mentioned Hillenbrand in another thread, Arizona's been trying to get Chad Tracy into the lineup more although with Gonzo's season ending injury, he'll probably get a regular spot in the outfield now.

That is why I am thankful that we had no internet in Ventura's first years.

Crede will be more than fine. He is on the same path Robin was. The total lack of patience (what the f*** I got all the patience in the world that guy sucks on and on)

by some only causes their own frustration; Crede will play throughg this and in the long run we will all be better off.

That is why I am thankful that we had no internet in Ventura's first years.

Crede will be more than fine.  He is on the same path Robin was.  The total lack of patience (what the f*** I got all the patience in the world that guy sucks on and on)

by some only causes their own frustration; Crede will play throughg this and in the long run we will all be better off.

Oh that 0-43. Can you imagine the reaction on here???

Vinny came over to the AL a few yrs ago and could not hit. He had a great start this year, but has tailed off. Still great in the field, but he will decline before too long.

The Rockies have three third basemen in the minors that I would love to have, any of them.

If we are going for it this year, how about trying to get someone like Vinny Castilla for 3B? The Rockies must be looking at selling their vets ...

What is his contract status? Anyone know? If we can get him for only one more year at a decent salary, I would go for it and use Crede as bench IF instead (and send Gload down)

I am not sure Crede will be useful down the stretch.....he is horrible at the plate with his swings and willbe automatic out in the playoffs

Someone like Castilla, hitting >0.280 and will hit >30 dingers for the year would be huge in my mind

No thanks

Vinny Castilla is not an upgrade.

I really don't think we have a glaring enough problem at the Hot Corner to consider it a major need for upgrading. We could really use another stud pitcher and someone to help Sandy out at the catching position, because I seriously don't want to see Burke and Davis get the combined playing time that Olivo got when he was here. Crede has shown some great play defensively and can hit as well. He just needs to spend more time in the batting cages and practicing the fundamentals of fielding (like how to catch a sky-high pop up hit just to the left of 3rd baseline in Oakland on a sunny day). He will be ok though.

I'll stick with Crede. Jesus people he has been a second half player for us every year. He'll come around at the plate and he is solid defensively.

Like I said some of you just want to replace every position if the guy ain't batting .300 and driving in runs. Crede and our catcher will be servicable guys and that's all we need them to be. We have Konerko, Maggs, C-Lee, Everett, Valentin for Power...we have Willie and Rowand to get on base and Rowand has pop in his bat as well. If Uribe comes out of his slump, he will be the perfect Utility/pinch hit guy. Stop worrying about replacing Crede... he does his job.

I think Hawk said it best lastnight about Crede. His swing is wayyyy too long and esp. when he has 2 strikes on him. Lastnight however it seemed he shortened up some and got 2 hits. I think if Joe can continue to swing like lastnight he will be just fine.

You people....

He is not having that bad of a season. He will finish with 20 HRs, probably around a .250 BA. Give me a break. How many seasons did Ventura put up similar numbers? I think the problem is is that you all want a guy batting .300 with 30 HR and 100 RBIs at every position. I'd take his defense and an occasional offensive outburst with the lineup we have. shees....

I think Hawk said it best lastnight about Crede. His swing is wayyyy too long and esp. when he has 2 strikes on him. Lastnight however it seemed he shortened up some and got 2 hits. I think if Joe can continue to swing like lastnight he will be just fine.

Evil, at this point I will accept anyhting you say because you were kind enough to post the picture of the hot chick you are dating. Thank you!

But, I do agree anyway with what you said anout Crede's long swing. Did we not hear that same analysis last year early in the season when he was struggling? He then turned it around in the second half and really got hot.

LMAO I wish that was my GF...but I doubt my wife would like her much lol. Anyway, I think people need to be a little more patient when it comes to Crede. This is what his 2nd full season and everyone already wants to cast him off as a garbage player. Take it easy people, Crede will be fine.

Obviously Crede hasn't been great but we don't need to upgrade 3rd base. Kenny needs to look for more pitching and then after that a catcher. Crede will be fine and we all know what kind of defensive 3rd basemen he is. Right now with Everett and Maggs in the lineup at the same time, this lineup has become incredibly deep. Crede will be batting 8th with the catching trio 9th, outside of that, this lineup is very deep and with Maggs and Carl in the lineup together they've scored in double digits both games, obviously that isn't going to keep up but I believe they'll be a much more consistant lineup with Carl and Maggs in there together.