7/21 Games

danman31

Knights start at 6:15 CT. They are visiting Norfolk. Listen Here

Birmingham won 7-2. Anderson went 1-4 with a 2 run HR and an RBI walk. Bikowski went 3-4. Villacis another solid start. Great relief from McNichol. The Barons sit alone in 1st place, 1/2 game up.Box Score

The Hogs start at 6:05. BMac gets the start. They're at Lynchburg. Listen Here

Kanny host Lexington at 6:05.

Great Falls visits Casper at 8:05.

Bristol hosts Greenville at 6:00.

Oh I fully agree with you. He can go get em in center and one thing I know is that I'll be really pissed if the Sox deal him. With all the things he can do, and the way he's coming along (I expected him to come along much more slowly) he needs to be untouchable.

I also am really excited to see Sweeney in his groove. Sweeney has a shot to be Top 100 if he finishes the year strong. I think all his early hype will help him out as well, but he's got to finish strong and continue to improve on driving the ball.

The fact that he'll be in AA next year at such a young age says a lot about Ryan. This is assuming he stays healthy and continues to grow.

Sweeney just knocked in a run with a single into right field to make it 8-4.

I didn't catch the earlier frame, but I think McCarthy got knocked around in his part of the 6th. Not positive though, it seems like thats what York is hinting at.

Munoz is pitching and has just finished up 5 innings. Charlotte is winning 7-1 over Norfolk.

Tetsu Yofu is pitching for the Knights tomorrow, then Josh Stewart, and followed by Jason Grilli who will be looking for his 6th straight win.

Brandon McCarthy was taken out after giving up a two out double in the sixth inning. He gave up 4 runs and I'll update this post when I hear how many hits and strikeouts he had and what not.

He gave up 2 in the 4th and 2 in the 6th. He gave up 7 hits.

Warthogs just went final with a box. 11-4 win. They've won 5 of 6. Fields 3-5 with a HR. Sweeney 2-5. Blakely and Molina both had good games as well. BMac struck out 10 in 6.2 innings while walking none (what else is new). However he did give up 7 hits and 4 runs. Regardless he picked up the win. Box Score

Kannapolis slaughtered Lexington 11-1 behind the pitching of Wes Whisler. Big day for Brandon Bounds who has been awesome since getting healthy. 4-5, 2B, HR. Chris Young displayed all of his skills: 2-3, HR, BB, K, SB. 3 hits for Gray. Haggerty, Nanita (.398), Daigle, and Castillo each with 2 hits. Whisler has had 2 great starts in a row. 6 IP, 1 run (unearned), 3 K, 0 BB, 3 hits. Box Score

Bristol got beat 8-1. They managed 1 hit and 4 errors. Box Score

Gray is 23 and he is a moderate prospect. He is a little old for Kannapolis, but he is doing well none the less.

To add to what Dan said, he was our 25th round draft pick out of Southern U, and can play multiple infield positions. He played 3B at Southern b/c their 2B was Rickie Weeks (Brewers 1st round draft pick last year).

Ten days remain for Kenny to trade Anderson/Sweeney.

One last warning. We got your point, others have complained. If you continue to post about this crap about our top prospects being traded because you didn't like the Reed deal I will delete the posts. This is your final warning. This is ridiculous.

One last warning. We got your point, others have complained. If you continue to post about this crap about our top prospects being traded because you didn't like the Reed deal I will delete the posts. This is your final warning. This is ridiculous.

:notworthy Yeah man, it's just getting old. We get your point.

Warthogs just went final with a box. 11-4 win. They've won 5 of 6. Fields 3-5 with a HR. Sweeney 2-5. Blakely and Molina both had good games as well. BMac struck out 10 in 6.2 innings while walking none (what else is new). However he did give up 7 hits and 4 runs. Regardless he picked up the win. Box Score

Kannapolis slaughtered Lexington 11-1 behind the pitching of Wes Whisler. Big day for Brandon Bounds who has been awesome since getting healthy. 4-5, 2B, HR. Chris Young displayed all of his skills: 2-3, HR, BB, K, SB. 3 hits for Gray. Haggerty, Nanita (.398), Daigle, and Castillo each with 2 hits. Whisler has had 2 great starts in a row. 6 IP, 1 run (unearned), 3 K, 0 BB, 3 hits. Box Score

Bristol got beat 8-1. They managed 1 hit and 4 errors. Box Score

It looks like Fields is starting to heat up, which is great to see. Sweeney just continues to rake; I guess he finally just got used to High A pitching and felt he needed to step up after Anderson was promoted. Bmac = Wow! I love seeing Bounds do well! He became one of my favorite prospects last year when he was at Great Falls, and last year, I constantly had the "Brandon Bounds Watch" going, which showed his up to date stats throughout the year. I would start that up again, but it'd probably jinx him like I think my "Donny Lucy Watch" has done to Donny. I notice that Clinton King's back for Kanny. I didn't think he'd play until later in the year, if at all, after breaking his hamate bone. Glad to see him back! And, Young was moved back down in the lineup and did well. They need to just keep him down there and let him gain confidence. Whisler doing well is a great thing b/c he's got 4 quality pitches and is a lefty. He could really turn out to be one hell of a draft pick if he turns out. Dizard has been great in relief all year, and continued to do well tonight, pitching 2 scoreless innings. This guy has very good stuff, but fell in last years draft due to injuries, iirc, so he could really turn out well for us. I really like him a lot.

Also, Great Falls is up 7-6 in the Top of the 5th...

I'm too lazy to PM this, but this is my one and only warning. One more post along these lines and I'm suspending ya. Your entitled to an opinion, but this is just freaking ridiculous.

The thing that upsets me is your a damn good poster.

As far as Gray goes, he's a real sleeper. Has always been a great hitter and was Rickie Weeks teammate at Southern University. Hit damn good too, I think he was 3rd in the country in hitting the year Weeks went real high to the Brewers.

Also a lot faster then I suspected.

I don't have a problem with Old Socks........ he likes his prospects. What's the big deal?