Anyone in the southern part of Cook now?

Queen Prawn

You could have at least gotten the radio though, right? My car didn't get reception for AM 1000 so I was wondering how they did all night while sitting in the dark.

It was in and out for a little while, but I heard most of it. Would have loved to see at least one of the homers. Oh well.

Bolingbrook had the storm pretty badly as well!!! When I was drying my hair, I heard thunder BEFORE I saw lightning...THAT scared me! I had to get over to my summer job at Linens 'n' Things on the west end of Bolingbrook, and it took me 25 minutes to travel the 3.5 miles there!!! UNREAL!!! Almost all of the traffic lights were completely off, and one of them apparently blew completely down. When driving to work, I saw some repair guys putting it back up again, as well as police directing traffic in some of the more major intersections.

Every store and restaurant on the west end of Bolingbrook had lost power! When I got to work, apparently they had been out of power for a couple hours already! And we didn't regain power in time, so, after waiting for just about an hour and fifteen minutes to see if power would return, all we had to do was straighten things up in our departments and leave. We were there for just around two hours and still are going to be paid for a full shift! No complaints are coming from me on that though!!!

It was in and out for a little while, but I heard most of it.  Would have loved to see at least one of the homers. Oh well.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see some of that game. I was so pumped up for the game I was even watching the pregame show which is something I never do and at 5:58 our power went out. :angry:

And judging by the current weather map, it looks like we will be in for a repeat today.  I wonder if I am going to get to play in our last regular season softball game tonight or not???

I got a baseball game tonight too. It's the all Valpo tourney to determine the champions of the city. Hopefully it will pass us up.

I got a baseball game tonight too. It's the all Valpo tourney to determine the champions of the city. Hopefully it will pass us up.

We have our play-offs next week, and then the tourney the first Saturday in August. I can't wait. We are 11-1 right now, and the 2nd seed as it stands now.

Damn.  Did you guys ever go to Muncie?  I forgot all about that.

Yeah we did. Got our butts kicked too. We played the teams that ended up placing 1,2, and 4th and lost all 3 games. But I played on a totally different team. One of the guys on our church team plays in Valpos rec league and I went down with that group.

It's just sprinkling here with thunder and lightening. It looks to be north of me.

As for yesterday's storms, I was reading my papers article on it and it seems like a 2 mile radius around my house got the worst of the storm because thats all they wrote about. It was weird, they didn't even mention damage or anything that was more than 2 miles from my house. Hopefully today's not the same. I want electricity. :)