music

hi8is

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
see the reason for my ipod was to consolidate all my music...i'm running outta gigs now

Im the same way

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
It's for people who devour music and own a ton of it.

And that is all me :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you're all on the subject of iPods n such , I bought an iriver about a year ago, back when iPods didnt have color screens and hold pictures. Its a great invention and i have about 2500 songs on it, however I wish I wouldve waited to get an iPod video. But, youre right, they are for people who want to have every song they own available any time they want.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
Anyone listen to the new "She Wants Revenge" album.

Anyone else find them to be a good mix of Bauhaus and Bowie influences?

What I've heard sounds a lot like Interpol. It's too soon to be ripping off Interpol.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Anyone listen to the new "She Wants Revenge" album.

Anyone else find them to be a good mix of Bauhaus and Bowie influences?

I'm checking them out now. Yes, they sound like Bauhaus, a little early Depeche Mode, Bolshoi, and all those bands that were running around the UK until about 1985.

If this is what Interpol sounds like, then they sound like those bands I just mentioned also.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
What I've heard sounds a lot like Interpol.  It's too soon to be ripping off Interpol.

but it really is a ripoff of interpol...Fred dursts label signed these guys...which were 2 djs in LA, and when this album first came out, most of the people on the music message boards i went to thought it was a joke like a mash of interpol stuff. Its a DISGUSTING rip off. It is literally almost exact replication of how paul banks sings on antics, which is different than how he sang on TOTBL which was very reminiscent of Joy Division. BUt nonetheless that was a delightful rehashing, this is a disgusting money making ripoff of a band very popular in general but a huge following ..."underground :rolly ... shaving down anything interesting and trying to sell it as style for mass sales to 12 year old boys. When they came to mizzou i went and yelled "play Stella was a diver!" and the guy went on this f***ing ego trip and started yelling. I did my part so i left.

These guys are an absolute disgrace. And their lyrics are the biggest pieces of s*** i've ever seen. Paul banks has diarrhea from his mouth about 8 times an album, these guys have it 8 times a song. I'm sorry but this band bothers me because this is the most blatant ripoff for sales i've ever seen. This is typical "all fluff, no substance"

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
but it really is a ripoff of interpol...Fred dursts label signed these guys...which were 2 djs in LA, and when this album first came out, most of the people on the music message boards i went to thought it was a joke like a mash of interpol stuff. Its a DISGUSTING rip off. It is literally almost exact replication of how paul banks sings on antics, which is different than how he sang on TOTBL which was very reminiscent of Joy Division. BUt nonetheless that was a delightful rehashing, this is a disgusting money making ripoff of a band very popular in general but a huge following ..."underground :rolly ... shaving down anything interesting and trying to sell it as style for mass sales to 12 year old boys. When they came to mizzou i went and yelled "play Stella was a diver!" and the guy went on this f***ing ego trip and started yelling. I did my part so i left.

These guys are an absolute disgrace. And their lyrics are the biggest pieces of s*** i've ever seen. Paul banks has diarrhea from his mouth about 8 times an album, these guys have it 8 times a song. I'm sorry but this band bothers me because this is the most blatant ripoff for sales i've ever seen. This is typical "all fluff, no substance"

"When they came to mizzou i went and yelled "play Stella was a diver!" and the guy went on this f***ing ego trip and started yelling. I did my part so i left."

LMFAO, why'd you even go to the show?

At least Interpol allowed like 20 years to go by before ripping Joy Division. What's it been like 5 years since Antics came out? Nope, no love for SWR.

I'm okay with She Wants Revenge.

I like the two songs I've heard so far.

Derivitive as they may be, I'm enjoying stuff like the Killers, Interpol, the Bravery and SWR.

If new bands are going to rip someone off, I'm glad it's the 80s alternative era.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
"When they came to mizzou i went and yelled "play Stella was a diver!" and the guy went on this f***ing ego trip and started yelling. I did my part so i left."

LMFAO, why'd you even go to the show?

At least Interpol allowed like 20 years to go by before ripping Joy Division.  What's it been like 5 years since Antics came out?    Nope, no love for SWR.

I know the bouncer at mojos so i get to get in for free and they let me drink at the bar there. Its only .50 cents for a can of beer so ... i'm there a lot! Live shows are like every two nights...it was an awesome coincidence they were there. Its funny...they had the smallest crowd i've ever seen at mojos and that place is a hole in the wall bar. Maybe like 200 capacity?

I like American Roots music, jazz, blues, bluegrass, old country, folk, and really good rock and roll. I particularly dig a lot of the bands coming out of Detroit in the past few years like The White Stripes, Soledad Brothers, Brendan Benson, The Come Ons, and the Detroit Cobras.

And a whole bunch of other stuff that's too much of a mishmash to describe.

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
I like American Roots music, jazz, blues, bluegrass, old country, folk, and really good rock and roll. I particularly dig a lot of the bands coming out of Detroit in the past few years like The White Stripes, Soledad Brothers, Brendan Benson, The Come Ons, and the Detroit Cobras.

I saw The Detroit Cobras open for Local H last year, not bad as an opener, but I wouldn't pay for their music. IIRC they played a lot of covers.

Their (female) singer looks like a man in drag. Some guy in front of me kept yelling; "take your wig off!", he was really pissing off their fans. :D

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)

you must be excited for the raconteurs