music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently had to get my hard drive replaced, and as such had to restore everything on my iPod back to my new PowerBook drive.

And while I was doing that I started tinkering with a gameday mix out of stuff I had, be they favorites, new stuff I'm into or stuff I rediscovered in moving doing my new backup.

I don't know if anyone else does this but my friends and I make and trade mixes. It's something I've done since I was 12 and got my first dual-cassette recorder with high speed dub back in '89.

Some of this they currently use. I've heard "Black Betty" on radio broadcasts, and I've heard the "Hardest Button to Button" riff played at the park before, which is where I got the initial idea.

Sweet Home Chicago Freddie King Blues Masters

Dark Moon, High Tide Afro Celt Sound System Gangs of New York Soundtrack

Get It The Come Ons Hip Check!

Scott Podsednik Theme Gretschy The Amazing Royal Crowns Self-titled

Tadahito Iguchi Theme Black Betty Ram Jam Absolute Rock Classics

Jim Thome Theme Jimbo Song Reverend Horton Heat Holy Roller

Paul Konerko Theme The Hardest Button to Button The White Stripes Elephant

Jermaine Dye Theme Mumblin' Guitar Bo Diddley The Chess Box

A.J. Pierzynski Theme Wanted Man Johnny Cash 20th Century Masters

Joe Crede Theme Devil's Haircut Beck Odelay!

Juan Uribe Theme Para Los Rumberos Tito Puente Mambo Kings Soundtrack

Brian Anderson Theme Electrocuted Blues The Mooney Suzuki Electric Sweat

Mark Buehrle Theme Search and Destroy Iggy Pop and the Stooges Raw Power

Neal Cotts Theme Get Me Outta Here Jet Get Born

Bobby Jenks Theme What Hath God Wraught The Soledad Brothers Self-titled

Danger! High Voltage Electric Six Danger! High Voltage

Oh La La Goldfrapp Supernature

When The Levee Breaks Led Zeppelin Untitled

PM me if you want to trade a mix, and I'll hook you up with a copy of this.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 19, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
My uncle suggested that I listened to Cake, so I've been listening to them. Pretty good stuff :)

Cake is really cool, but I have to be in the right mood for them. My favorite cd is Fashion Nugget, favorite song is The Distance. I like that they take breaks between cds, and then come with something a little different, yet distinctly Cake-sounding

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 20, 2006 -> 08:54 AM)
Cake is really cool, but I have to be in the right mood for them. My favorite cd is Fashion Nugget, favorite song is The Distance. I like that they take breaks between cds, and then come with something a little different, yet distinctly Cake-sounding

I was listening to Pressure Chief yesterday, but I did listen to a little of Fashion Nugget. I liked Pressure Chief more, but I didn't have time to listen to all of Fashion Nugget. I'm going to give it another listen later today.

I also acquired Mortorcade of Generosity and Comfort Eagle, so I'll be listening to them sometime soon as well.

QUOTE(bmags @ May 20, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
strange...i didn't like gone daddy gone because it sounded hokey...but no doubt, the 1-2 punch of go go gadget gospel and crazy is pretty ridiculous

But wasn't that part of the Femmes deal? i mean their drummer played a laundry basket as a drum.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 19, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
Whats everyone take on Gnarls Barkley, personally im a big fan. Its Danger Mouse & Cee-lo, it reminds me of alot of old motown in a good way.

I heard they were great live at Coachella, but their recordings are kind of meh.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:57 AM)
But wasn't that part of the Femmes deal? i mean their drummer played a laundry basket as a drum.

but isn't a cover supposed to put their spin on a new song? If the violent femmes were covering themselves, i'd say, "man this sounds hokey, but in a good way"

The new Dixie Chicks album is really good. A lot more mature than Fly and Wide Open Spaces and Home (I think that was their third one). It's a lot less blue grassy than the previous ones, but still distinctly Chicks.

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 23, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
The new Dixie Chicks album is really good. A lot more mature than Fly and Wide Open Spaces and Home (I think that was their third one). It's a lot less blue grassy than the previous ones, but still distinctly Chicks.

My wife was watching The View yesterday and she said that the Dixie Chicks refused to perform on the show and the girls from the View were ripping them left and right. What reason would they refuse to go on the View?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 24, 2006 -> 07:05 AM)
My wife was watching The View yesterday and she said that the Dixie Chicks refused to perform on the show and the girls from the View were ripping them left and right. What reason would they refuse to go on the View?

The Dixie Chicks seem to have an attitude problem as of the past 3 years or so. I understand being upset over what happened in the past, but if they can't understand why people got pissed at them, then they're pretty ignorant. I would guess that bailing on The View would be connected, since the main Chick is a little sensitive about that it seems.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 24, 2006 -> 07:05 AM)

perform what and on who? :D

QUOTE(bmags @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
i can think of a billion reasons to refuse to perform on the view.

The only reason I can think of to perform on the View is the fact that Elisabeth Hasselbach is on the show.