music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
Thanks for the Recap Bmags!! Nicely done...sounded like a pretty solid music weekend sans the rap artists disappointing a little. But that is often the case at festivals for some reason. :huh

Hip Hop usually dissapoints live......for me anyway.

looking back at my post...it did seem like i didn't enjoy the hip hop that much...not so however, its just that the hip hop acts were my most anticipated acts to see, and ghostface is my favorite rapper so i just wanted to hear somethin more. I thought the hip hop was the highlight of the festival.

to rate them

1. Rhymefest

2. Lupe

3. Lady Sov

4. The Streets

5. Ghostface

6. Devin the dude

7. Dead Prez

all top 10 minus dead prez...who i am just very disappointed in their career turn. the only rock acts i'd put in are bloc party, jon brion, and the cons... oh wait, the boredoms..f***...okay top 11...boredoms were my fav. probably.

Is the M1 or whatever album that bad/apolitical? I guess I could DL or look the lyrics up on ohhla...

They did say they have a proper Dead Prez album coming out in the late summer/fall. Like I said every song sure seemed political to me.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
Erase Errata - horrible. Female punk has been done much better and by better lookin women. THEY HAVE A KNIIIFE

90 Day men - not a festival group but had some pretty impressive moments. But it was beautiful and sunny and i didn't feel like their dark s***.

The Boredoms - I have a feeling not many people knew the boredoms before intonation. They are one of the only bands whose album i've picked up without ever hearing before and they blew me away. But this BLEW ME AWAAAAY, dig. (f**). Their stage set up was 3 drummers...and a keyboard. ANd they made those drums SING, oh!, my god it was f***ing magical...i'd never heard anything like this from them before... And the crowd was amazed. IN a park where its easy to ignore the acts...they wouldn't let you ignore them. Energy galore...and the most unique and awesome sound i've heard from them...Nobody topped them...nobody did it better.

Erase Eratta has a couple of good cd's. i really like the one mastered by weasel walter (i think it has boxing grasshoppers on it). i saw them live and they totally couldn't play their instruments. good studio band, bad live band. oh, and it doesn't really matter what they look like.

90 day men definately aren't a festival group. i'm friends with some of those guys and i doubt the'll be playing again any time soon. only reason they played intonation was the money.

the Boredoms are great. they've been around for a while and a lot of people know who they are.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
Well I got to see The Who yesterday and while they were great I was completely blown away by a new band from Ireland. If you like your Led Zep,Free, Sabbath etc check them out here and here. Outstanding.

What? No comments? Come on fellas, if you were around in the 70's and like your Free, Grand Funk Railroad, Aerosmith etc, listen to The Answer at either of the links above and you will not be disappointed. Think of The Darkness but without the tongue in cheek spandex. They are currently supporting Whitesnake and blowing them away. There debut album (out this week) has been reviewed by Kerrang! magazine who call it the best debut album ever.

Edited by DePloderer

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
What? No comments? Come on fellas, if you were around in the 70's and like your Free, Grand Funk Railroad, Aerosmith etc, listen to The Answer at either of the links above and you will not be disappointed. Think of The Darkness but without the tongue in cheek spandex. They are currently supporting Whitesnake and blowing them away. There debut album (out this week) has been reviewed by Kerrang! magazine who call it the best debut album ever.
Sorry Deplo, but I don't really like those bands and I was barely around in the 70s!

However, I did get back from Leeds last week. I liked it a lot. I must say we didn't go to any places off the beaten path, unless you count being dragged to the Blue Leopard cause it was the only place with any kind of activity on a Tuesday night.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 04:51 AM)
Erase Eratta has a couple of good cd's. i really like the one mastered by weasel walter (i think it has boxing grasshoppers on it). i saw them live and they totally couldn't play their instruments. good studio band, bad live band. oh, and it doesn't really matter what they look like.

90 day men definately aren't a festival group. i'm friends with some of those guys and i doubt the'll be playing again any time soon. only reason they played intonation was the money.

the Boredoms are great. they've been around for a while and a lot of people know who they are.

Yes, the boredoms are great...but not a lot of people know who they were there. And what was special was their set up...the three drums , it was a setup i didn't expect.

my reviews were based on performances not bands careers.

Sorry, Plod, I didn't like The Answer at all.

In the late 70s, I was much more into stuff like UFO, Boston, Thin Lizzy and also the punk bands of that era.

Didn't care much for Free, Grand Funk or Aerosmith (except for two songs - Dream On and Draw The Line).

I couldn't get past the vocals, :huh

I missed your original post, so I just checked now.

Yeah...I think they're pretty cool. LOVE the slide used in "Into The Gutter"!!!

Wow..."Preachin'" is friggin' KILLER!

Yeah, think I need this one. Thanks Plod!

They also remind me of Humble Pie, and The Critic knows how I feel about Pie. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
I missed your original post, so I just checked now.

Yeah...I think they're pretty cool. LOVE the slide used in "Into The Gutter"!!!

Wow..."Preachin'" is friggin' KILLER!

Yeah, think I need this one. Thanks Plod!

They also remind me of Humble Pie, and The Critic knows how I feel about Pie. :D

Glad you liked them. I reckon "Preachin" is probably one of my favourite tracks as well. You should be able to pick the album up from Amazon, if not let me know and I'll help you out.

Edited by DePloderer

I saw it on Amazon, but as of now, it is wallowing in "Import Hell". It's such a shame. I was just lamenting the fact that Hardcore Superstar have no US deal. They are a fairly big band in the rest of the world, but for some reason no US label will touch them.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
I saw it on Amazon, but as of now, it is wallowing in "Import Hell". It's such a shame. I was just lamenting the fact that Hardcore Superstar have no US deal. They are a fairly big band in the rest of the world, but for some reason no US label will touch them.

If you go to the second link of my origional "Answer" post, the stuff recorded last October at the Albert studios is worth downloading (for free!), particularly "Keep Believin'"

I just got free skybox tix to the NIN show this Saturday. Apparantly they are playing with Bauhaus...arent they a early 80's band? I'm confused by the whole thing. Should I be excited about this at all or just hope for good food?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
Bauhaus AND Peaches!

Yeah I've never heard of Peaches... :ph34r:

Check that...I have heard of Peaches. Oh my...hmm well this should be interesting :o

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
I just got free skybox tix to the NIN show this Saturday. Apparantly they are playing with Bauhaus...arent they a early 80's band? I'm confused by the whole thing. Should I be excited about this at all or just hope for good food?

Wow Bauhaus, now your talking. I remember the first time I saw them, they scared the s*** out of me, I was 16 and had never heard of the word Goth. It's fair to say that they were the forerunners of all that is Goth. If you like your music loud and filled with vampires and bats (and who doesn't?) you'll love them Here's a link to their site. Bauhaus biog.