music

hi8is

Ditto. Saw that show when they opened the tour in Atlanta....I had never thought too much about Weezer in years, but they actually put on a pretty damn good show on that tour...I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it thoroughly.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the green album on...for one cuomo stopped singing and started this spoken word s***, stopped writing meaningful songs, and their songs stopped building up, also they all have this formula of refrain, chorus, refrain, guitar solo, chorus...and it was all such a joke compared to their first two albums. It makes me angry to this day. Its apparant to me that matt sharp meant a lot to that group.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
Who is going to Pitchfork and which days?

Both days...if f'd up waiting and had to get 2 one day passes though, argh!

ted leos gonna be so great.

I'd go just to see the Mountain Goats.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
Erase Eratta has a couple of good cd's. i really like the one mastered by weasel walter (i think it has boxing grasshoppers on it). i saw them live and they totally couldn't play their instruments. good studio band, bad live band. oh, and it doesn't really matter what they look like.

90 day men definately aren't a festival group. i'm friends with some of those guys and i doubt the'll be playing again any time soon. only reason they played intonation was the money.

the Boredoms are great. they've been around for a while and a lot of people know who they are.

WEASEL WALTER. I just picked up the Hatewave album, so brutal, so awesome. I saw Erase Errata a couple years ago at some street fest in the middle of nowhere on the near north side (Tortoise, Andrew Bird, and a bunch of other people played), they weren't too bad but they weren't impressive either. I was growing a little sick of the dance-punk thing at the time anyways.

Are there any Allman Brothers fans here? I got hooked on them through a BBC TV show that uses "Jessica" for it's theme. I've got a few versions of this but none come close to the version on "An Evening With The Allman Brothers Band - 2nd Set". Simply outstanding.

Edited by DePloderer

I am going to Pitchfork both days. Forgot Ted Leo's playing. Hopefully not at the same time as one of the techno peeps I was excited to see.

Agree about Weezer, first two albums are genius.

LOL on the POTUSA ref. Great song. Peaches the artist is pretty great too. Go see her live if you can. For being just one person on stage she can be incredible. The show at the Abbey where she was climbing on the balcony was legendary.

QUOTE(BoKnows @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
if you got pitchfork, make sure you check out Os Mutantes.
My woman is a huge fan of theirs, and is very excited to see them. Can't believe they're last!

QUOTE(BoKnows @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
if you got pitchfork, make sure you check out Os Mutantes.

they're - a few members but i think it should still be pretty cool. I'm a pretty big tropicalia fan. Into got blue cheer and rory erickson so p4k got os mutantes. pitchfork seemed like they were competing with vice with their lineups. I think pitchfork won, but also they are severely suffering from a lack of diversity...few hip hop/electronic acts on the big stage, you can only take so much indie rock.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Are there any Allman Brothers fans here? I got hooked on them through a BBC TV show that uses "Jessica" for it's theme. I've got a few versions of this but none come close to the version on "An Evening With The Allman Brothers Band - 2nd Set". Simply outstanding.

just me then.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
My woman is a huge fan of theirs, and is very excited to see them. Can't believe they're last!

there were rumors going around that at their new york show, Of Montreal and the Talking Heads were going to open up.

nothing comfirmed on that and it is not likely, but how awesome would that of been?

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
they're - a few members but i think it should still be pretty cool. I'm a pretty big tropicalia fan. Into got blue cheer and rory erickson so p4k got os mutantes. pitchfork seemed like they were competing with vice with their lineups. I think pitchfork won, but also they are severely suffering from a lack of diversity...few hip hop/electronic acts on the big stage, you can only take so much indie rock.

"...you can only take so much indie rock."

:huh: :o Oh no you di-ent.