music

hi8is

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
I hope they last a little bit longer than friggin Jet. The next WM record will tell us if they want to be a good band with lasting power, or if they want to make money and get out.

By the way, Perry Farrell came out and gave Wolfmother a nice big introduction before their set. I never saw him for the rest of the festival.

I heard he popped out of his trailer to jizz all over Gnarls Barkley too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went down to Northerly Island yesterday to see 311 and the Wailers. Amazing show. So much energy from both groups. It was strange I haven't really listened to 311 since like 7th grade and my friends asked if I wanted to go with. I was really impressed.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
I went down to Northerly Island yesterday to see 311 and the Wailers. Amazing show. So much energy from both groups. It was strange I haven't really listened to 311 since like 7th grade and my friends asked if I wanted to go with. I was really impressed.

I absolutely love their jungle drum interlude. It really sets the tone for the rest of the show.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
I don't own anything by Billy Bragg, but I always like him when I happen to hear his stuff.

I got the deluxe version with bonus DVD so I totally paid more than "3pounds99 for this seven track album."

One of the bonus tracks "A Change Is Gonna Come" feels like the song that Jeff Buckley tried to make when he recorded "Hallelujah."

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Although I like most of their songs to begin with.

Love it....love the whole CD.

I'll recommend "Map of the Problematique" and "Exo-politics" highly also off that CD

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
Fergie the 'Butterface' or the Duchess of York?

The former.

Although, cleverly her album is called (I think) The Dutchess of York. (please also note the incorrect spelling, though it would have been clever is she actually had grown up in Poughkeepsie or another partof Dutchess County in NY)

so help me find this song.

I heard it last night and knew so many of the lyrics when it was playing, but now I can't think of any except "and the roads were paved with gold"

or something along those lines.

I think it was kinda a big song a couple years ago.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
so help me find this song.

I heard it last night and knew so many of the lyrics when it was playing, but now I can't think of any except "and the roads were paved with gold"

or something along those lines.

I think it was kinda a big song a couple years ago.

http://www.mybesh.com/mlfinder/redirect.ph...d%20with%20gold

Is that it?

Anathallo's new ablum Floating World is awesome.

i'd suggest everyone head over to there myspace

www.myspace.com/Anathallo

and listen to the songs Hoodwink & Hanasakajijii (four: a great wind, more ash)

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I have become obsessed with "Circus Maximus" by Momus and "Oh, You're So Silent Jens" by Jens Lekman.

i was also suprised to see how his live material had such life to them. I'm definitely looking forward to all the new jens lekman songs coming out soon.