music

hi8is

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
that's a shame, i've heard soldier field shows are kinda bleck. I don't think i want to go to arena like shows ever. i like the band right on top of me and then hanging out with them at the bar.

I've seen 4 shows there and as long as you get a seat on the Caddy club side nearest to the north end zone as you can get, you will love it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
Well, I don't think that is even a remote possiblity with a show by The Police. :D

Ah, Ah, Ah, not so fast. Rumor has it they plan to tune up at The Whiskey and might throw in a few other small venues along the way. Besides, two weeks ago ANY show by The Police was a remote possibilty.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 12:51 AM)
Ah, Ah, Ah, not so fast. Rumor has it they plan to tune up at The Whiskey and might throw in a few other small venues along the way. Besides, two weeks ago ANY show by The Police was a remote possibilty.

That's true. They have already started tuning up at The Whiskey, that's where the beginning tour announcements came from. But I still would expect them to do the small venues the way other BIG acts do, with a fake name. I would also bet those shows would be a little tough to get into.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 07:33 AM)
That's true. They have already started tuning up at The Whiskey, that's where the beginning tour announcements came from. But I still would expect them to do the small venues the way other BIG acts do, with a fake name. I would also bet those shows would be a little tough to get into.

Yeah, those shows are always just for the presss, 'friends' of the band, label, the venue etc.

City of Evil is good, but Avenged Sevenfold were way better in the Waking the Fallen days. His scream was so intense on that CD, it's a shame he decided to go another direction.

I saw them the day of the California Recall Election in '03 and they blew me away. I had gotten Waking the Fallen a few weeks earlier, btu had only given it a few spins, but the second I got home from the concert I put the thing on and gave it a proper listen.

Second Heartbeat with screams is so much better than the way they do it now...

They came in a close second to best band that night though, because Poison the Well were f***ing AMAZING. I can't wait for their new CD.

QUOTE(Cali @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
City of Evil is good, but Avenged Sevenfold were way better in the Waking the Fallen days. His scream was so intense on that CD, it's a shame he decided to go another direction.

I saw them the day of the California Recall Election in '03 and they blew me away. I had gotten Waking the Fallen a few weeks earlier, btu had only given it a few spins, but the second I got home from the concert I put the thing on and gave it a proper listen.

Second Heartbeat with screams is so much better than the way they do it now...

They came in a close second to best band that night though, because Poison the Well were f***ing AMAZING. I can't wait for their new CD.

But surely Cali, no matter what type of intense vocal training you do after burst blood vessels around your vocal cords...you are gonna be a bit hesitant to let loose in the same manner after surgery...I like the new style myself for A7X

We got the first glimpse of the booking lineup for Al Gore's "Turn fossil fuels into volume!" anti-global-warming concert this July. Link.

Here is the full list of artists announced thus far for Live Earth:

Pharrell

Duran Duran

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Snow Patrol

Foo Fighters

John Legend

Snoop Dogg

Black Eyed Peas

Lenny Kravitz

Akon

Bon Jovi

Enrique Iglesias

Paolo Nutini

Fall Out Boy

Sheryl Crow

Mana

AFI

Keane

Melissa Etheridge

Kelly Clarkson

John Mayer

Korn

Damien Rice

Faith Hill w/ Tim McGraw

Corrine Bailey Rae

Bloc Party

Supposedly will get to 100 before the lineup is filled out.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
We got the first glimpse of the booking lineup for Al Gore's "Turn fossil fuels into volume!" anti-global-warming concert this July. Link.

Wow, that list is HORRIBLE.

CHRIS CORNELL Quits AUDIOSLAVE, Prepares To Release New Solo Album - Feb. 15, 2007

Two-time Grammy winner, singer-songwriter and voice of a generation, Chris Cornell, announced today the release date of his 13th career album, "Carry On", in stores May 1 on Suretone/Interscope.

Additionally Cornell is permanently departing super-group AUDIOSLAVE stating, "Due to irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences, I am permanently leaving the band AUDIOSLAVE. I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavors."

FINALLY.

That band was a complete waste of his considerable talent. I can not wait for his new solo album.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
Exactly what I was thinking. With so many acts you would think there might be at least one or two worth seeing but no.

It's funny, I looked that list over numerous times to make sure I wasn't missing something. But I got to the end after a few scans, and decided I'm fine with global warming after all. :huh

QUOTE(Cali @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
FINALLY.

That band was a complete waste of his considerable talent. I can not wait for his new solo album.

LOL.I think Cornell really believes these things.

Edited by shipps

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 01:20 AM)
chris cornell a voice of a generation lol

That first audioslave album was awful, Tom Morello reduced to rhythm guitar? It was like the worst parts of Rage and the worst parts of Soundgarden put together.

Totally unrelated, I picked up the Sugarcubes box set - features all three albums. Man, they were good alt pop for 1988!

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 01:20 AM)
That first audioslave album was awful, Tom Morello reduced to rhythm guitar? It was like the worst parts of Rage and the worst parts of Soundgarden put together.

Well, I'm not sure how anyone could think Cornell was "the worst part of Soundgarden"...The man can flat out sing, and it always seemed to me that Morello depended on gimmicky riffs and solos that didn't necessarily go with Cornells style.

If you think Cornell is crap, I implore you to go listen to all of "Euphoria Morning", his 1st solo CD....it was absolutely amazing, and a completely different style. I can't wait until his 2nd solo CD comes out.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 02:25 AM)
They had teamed up with DeLaRocha and fed off his unbelievable talents for a while.

Those talents being...

"f*** our government!!"

"f*** our current regime!!"

repeat x100000

?

Now THERES talent!!

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 05:29 AM)
Well, I'm not sure how anyone could think Cornell was "the worst part of Soundgarden"...The man can flat out sing

He sounds great on CD, but I haven't heard many good live recordings of him. The appearance Soundgarden did on Saturday Night Live was unlistenable.

It was about as painful as listening to Robert Plant attempt his Led Zep high notes now. Ouch.

Oh, there are times when he is hard to listen to I agree. I watched some documentary stuff on AOL once when Audioslave was recording "Shadow On the Sun" for the 1st album....ouch..he sounded horrid while getting the yelling near the end of the song down.

Sadly now, 2 of the last 5 bands I've seen live are now defunct...I think I'm a curse. First was Weezer and now Audioslave...look out Foo, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Seether, you may be next!!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)

Well, I like the Foo....

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 07:28 AM)
Oh, there are times when he is hard to listen to I agree. I watched some documentary stuff on AOL once when Audioslave was recording "Shadow On the Sun" for the 1st album....ouch..he sounded horrid while getting the yelling near the end of the song down.

Sadly now, 2 of the last 5 bands I've seen live are now defunct...I think I'm a curse. First was Weezer and now Audioslave...look out Foo, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Seether, you may be next!!

Promise???

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 06:29 AM)
Well, I'm not sure how anyone could think Cornell was "the worst part of Soundgarden"...The man can flat out sing, and it always seemed to me that Morello depended on gimmicky riffs and solos that didn't necessarily go with Cornells style.

I didn't like Euphoria Morning at all... I just don't much care for his voice. Audioslave's second album felt much more like a showcase of all the talent in the band - it felt like a supergroup's album (sorta like what Velvet Revolver does) - and because of which was a lot better.