music

hi8is

Headed to Foo Fighters and Weezer later today in Atlanta, and scored Seether with Audioslave tickets for the same venue next month.

Oddly enough, I'm more looking forward to the Seether part of the show. I've heard a few Audioslave shows live, and Cornell's voice kinda...well doesn't always sound so great, Shaun Morgan's voice, OTOH, is unmistakable, and I love hearing these guys live.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions, like assholes, as they say...

:huh I saw them in Charlotte last year, thought they did a pretty good job myself. Are they out there pepping the crowd up? No, but if you are there to hear stories instead of hearing the music, you can always go read the internet. Just my humble opinion.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 06:29 AM)
Opinions, like assholes, as they say...

:huh  I saw them in Charlotte last year, thought they did a pretty good job myself. Are they out there pepping the crowd up? No, but if you are there to hear stories instead of hearing the music, you can always go read the internet. Just my humble opinion.

If the band isnt giving me a stage presence when I pay my good money to watch him perform, then I am not going to be happy. I want to see a performance when i go to a concert, I dont want to see a guy up on stage going through the motions.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
Stage presence and incessant rambling shouldnt be considered the same. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

I didnt consider them the same. Some bands actually appreciate your presence at their performances, and let the crowd know it. Other bands go out, do their songs and walk off the stage onto the bus as if it didnt matter. you can tell which is which up on stage. I dont want a band to preach to me either, but I want to know that they are enjoying the show also.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Aren't they kinda in that 'Puddle-Of-Mud, 15-years-later, still-trying-to-do-Cobain/Gavin' style?

i unno but i hate that nu-metal crap...

anyways, yeah live shows...it depends...i don't really mind neal young with all his crazy rules, in my opinion he's earned having high demands of his audience. he's like the soup nazi in a good way. Kramer understands him.

I've never really seen a bad show due to the performers...i've seen some s***ty sound setups... but thats about it. Broken social scene seemed the most preoccupied (their producer/friend had the s*** beat out of him by NY cops the week before and they were in the midst of suing), but they still put on a sick show.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Just listened to the semi-new 311 album.  I think it is mostly mediocre with a couple standout tracks.  So, just like all their other discs.

Thats the vibe I get from alot of 311 fans I know(me being one of them). I would have to say its just like all their other discs after Transistor. Transistor and the discs before it are all pretty damn good start to finish, IMO.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
Thats the vibe I get from alot of 311 fans I know(me being one of them). I would have to say its just like all their other discs after Transistor.  Transistor and the discs before it are all pretty damn good start to finish, IMO.

Yeah I suppose that was a bit harsh. Music and Grassroots were probably the best they put out.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
new castanets is really solid...i can't listen to too much of it though...i'm really looking forward to getting the new franz ferdinand today (it leaked), i really just need some mindless pop music...

FF seems a little mainstream for you..

I just got the new(only) The Magic Numbers Cd. Nice. After the hype around the Mercury awards I wasn't sure but having had a few listens I realy like it. My kids are keen on it too so there's no arguing durin car rides at the moment, another plus. Does anyone know anything about this band?

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
I just got the new(only) The Magic Numbers Cd. Nice. After the hype around the Mercury awards I wasn't sure but having had a few listens I realy like it. My kids are keen on it too so there's no arguing durin car rides at the moment, another plus. Does anyone know anything about this band?

YES, 4 members, 2 guys, 2 girls, 2 sets of siblings. Haven't heard them yet, but keep hearing the hype. Lotta 'Mamas & the Papas' comparisons which seems kinda odd.

Is that a full length disc or an E.P.? Where did you find it??

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
YES, 4 members, 2 guys, 2 girls, 2 sets of siblings. Haven't heard them yet, but keep hearing the hype. Lotta 'Mamas & the Papas' comparisons which seems kinda odd.

Is that a full length disc or an E.P.? Where did you find it??

Full length CD and I got it ...er....via the internet. However it is available in the shops over here.

alright, i've listened to the new castanets, but for prolly more interest, i've listened to the new franz ferdinand...its pop gold. I loved it. Prolly 4 really good singles off of it, some really beautiful beatle-esque songs, just beautiful precision, this is why they are so popular. Maybe its just subconscious, but people love their precision.

Castanets is really good too..when it comes out i highly recommend people check it out

the Foozer show was better than i expected honestly. I mean, Grohl and the Foo didn't disappoint, and gave the performance that I would always want from them. BUt the big surprise was Weezer. I've long heard that those guys hate touring, and aren't exactly a great live show. I'll have to disagree 100%. Rivers and the guys put on a great show, playing lots of the stuff that most of us who were into teh Blue Album and Pinkerton remember.

:headbang to Rivers and the boys, I was very pleasantly surprised.

Switchfoot's new album comes out tomorrow. I know PA has to be pumped about that. I liked there last album (I have no idea if it was there first or not) and heard a couple of their songs from the new album on the radio over the weekend and they sounded pretty good.