music

hi8is

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Hmmmmm..........

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I still wouldn't go.

I'm either done with concerts or taking a break - time will tell.

I can't even get "over the hump" to go see the mighty Beatallica at Subterranean on December 10th. And I'd love to see them.

Get to that show, live your life.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Get to that show, live your life.

I've done enough living. :D

I'm just tired of the whole concert thing right now. From driving to the venue to overpriced beer to pushy assholes banging into me to get a better look - ugh, keep it.

We'll see if it comes back for me - if not, I've seen a ton of excellent shows, and a few s***ty ones too.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
I've done enough living. :D

I'm just tired of the whole concert thing right now. From driving to the venue to overpriced beer to pushy assholes banging into me to get a better look - ugh, keep it.

We'll see if it comes back for me - if not, I've seen a ton of excellent shows, and a few s***ty ones too.

A moment of silence for The Critic please.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
A moment of silence for The Critic please.

:lol: :lolhitting

Nahhh, the way I see it these days, I'd MUCH rather fight the crowds at USCF than at Metro.

I don't have as much "extra money" ( as if there is such a thing ) as I did when I was wifeless, kidless and houseless ( NOT homeless, I'm no Woo-Woo ), so I have to choose my entertainment options more carefully.

Going to USCF with my wife and/or daughter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any show I've ever been to.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
:lol:  :lolhitting

Nahhh, the way I see it these days, I'd MUCH rather fight the crowds at USCF than at Metro.

I don't have as much "extra money" ( as if there is such a thing ) as I did when I was wifeless, kidless and houseless ( NOT homeless, I'm no Woo-Woo ), so I have to choose my entertainment options more carefully.

Going to USCF with my wife and/or daughter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any show I've ever been to.

I hear ya man, I'm just bustin' your balls. It's your life, your money and your time.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
I hear ya man, I'm just bustin' your balls.  It's your life, your money and your time.

No sweat, man, it's cool.

I think I just have to keep repeating my reasons, so I can convince myself that's it's NOT because I'm getting too old for that s***.

:D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
No sweat, man, it's cool.

I think I just have to keep repeating my reasons, so I can convince myself that's it's NOT because I'm getting too old for that s***.

:D

I'm almost too old.

Remember the days of lining up 2 hours before the doors even opened so you could get a good spot near the front? Then standing through 2 openers, then through 2 hours of the headliner, for a total of like 7 hours on your feet? Nowadays, my feet and back give out after 3 hours, tops.

Last night I missed both openers, arrived 5 minutes before Dinosaur hit the stage and jumped in a cab 30 seconds after they were done.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
The cool kids always blew off the b**** band and stood back at the sound board for optimal audio experiences ya know.

And earplugs are cool!

hold on, i'm taking notes

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
I'm almost too old.

Remember the days of lining up 2 hours before the doors even opened so you could get a good spot near the front? Then standing through 2 openers, then through 2 hours of the headliner, for a total of like 7 hours on your feet?  Nowadays, my feet and back give out after 3 hours, tops.

Last night I missed both openers, arrived 5 minutes before Dinosaur hit the stage and jumped in a cab 30 seconds after they were done.

I had to do the long wait for the Face To Face farewell show.

At least I was entertained by the F2F kids whining about My Chemical Romance opening up. I had heard of MCR before that show, but hadn't heard their music. So I asked one of the kids what they were like and he says to me:

"You like vampires?"

"I can take 'em or leave 'em - why?"

"Their gay-ass singer thinks he's a vampire!"

At which point the little MCR girls wheel around and start screeching at this kid, "DON"T make fun of him, he's awesome and he looks better than you so what the hell are you talking about, you must be jealous cuz he gets all the girls and you stand with your ugly friends in the back of the club".....

Highlight of the night until F2F hit the stage.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
I had to do the long wait for the Face To Face farewell show.

At least I was entertained by the F2F kids whining about My Chemical Romance opening up. I had heard of MCR before that show, but hadn't heard their music. So I asked one of the kids what they were like and he says to me:

"You like vampires?"

"I can take 'em or leave 'em - why?"

"Their gay-ass singer thinks he's a vampire!"

At which point the little MCR girls wheel around and start screeching at this kid, "DON"T make fun of him, he's awesome and he looks better than you so what the hell are you talking about, you must be jealous cuz he gets all the girls and you stand with your ugly friends in the back of the club".....

Highlight of the night until F2F hit the stage.

He's not oh-f***ing-kay, alright?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
I think there is some love for Fiona on this board.  I remember calling her a nut job and getting a reaction.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainme...ews-live02.html

Anyone going?

i would be there in a heart beat if i wasn't in mizzou...just a couple more weeks and i coulda gone...

yeah, she might be a nut job, like i said i absolutely hated her at that speech at the Mtv awards, but when the pawn... was a f***in beautiful album and i've been a fan since.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
I found the new Shakira album to be good.  The only reason I checked it out is because Rick Rubin produced it.  Most anything he touches turns out very well.

:angry:

WRONG!

MAKE BELIEVE WAS TEERRRRIIIIBBBBLLLLLEEEE

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
:angry:

WRONG!

MAKE BELIEVE WAS TEERRRRIIIIBBBBLLLLLEEEE

haha, that's why I said most, not all. :P

I'm not a Weezer fan anyway so I'll have to take your word it stinks.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Allright guys, I'm goin to Cali. on vacation where I'll be doing a lot of driving.  I need some new music.  Suggestions?

okay...here's what i've been burning out on my ipod

Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-e

The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Nico - Chelsea Girl

Silver Jews - American Water

Built to spill - keep it like a secret

The Constantines - Shine A Light

Cloud Cult - Advice from the Happy Hippopotomus

The Dismemberment Plan - Change and Emergency and I

They've been treatin me well

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Allright guys, I'm goin to Cali. on vacation where I'll be doing a lot of driving.  I need some new music.  Suggestions?

wait...by new music did you mean like 2005 music or just overall suggestions that could be new to you...

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
okay...here's what i've been burning out on my ipod

Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-e

The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Nico - Chelsea Girl

Silver Jews - American Water

Built to spill - keep it like a secret

The Constantines - Shine  A Light

Cloud Cult - Advice from the Happy Hippopotomus

The Dismemberment Plan - Change and Emergency and I

They've been treatin me well

i must second that jeff buckley nomination!!!!!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
I need the latest and greatest.  :D ....by the way, you already know I LOVE Pavement.

i know, but maybe if i suggested it you'd be like, Hey, you're right, i Love pavement, maybe i should listen to them...

latest und greatest...

Cloud Cult-Advice from the Happy Hippopotomus - alright, i love this album, its got influences from odelay, and i really love his straight acoustic songs as well.

Broken Social Scene - S/T - it's still growing on me compared to You forgot... but still a pretty solid '05 release.

Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen mary - they draw a lot of comparisons to the Arcade Fire which i find bulls*** personally because just because you are from the same city doesn't mean you should get lazy comparisons...

(i don't know how much you like indie pop or folk but here goes )

The Boy Least LIkely To - the best party ever - oen of the happiest albums i've ever heard, great pop songs, i love almost every one on the album.

Arab STrap - The last romance (this is neither indie pop or folk, good rock record)

alright, i have to hit class, i'll be back with more