music

hi8is

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 07:35 AM)
There's Killers fans here...especially The Critic. He even has the glow-in-the-dark tapestry print of the bands early promo pics. It's pretty cool. Just creepy that he hangs it above his bed.

I think it's much creepier that you are speculating in what might be above my bed....

....I've heard stories about 30-something men with MySpace pages.....

:P :lol: :lolhitting

I don't know if I'd call myself a fan of the Killers. I am a fan of Hot Fuss, but I found Sam's Town to be pretty dull.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really starting to love Neon Bible

its more mature than funeral, and I think more well rounded

the high's on NB (intervention, no cars go) aren't as good as the high's on funeral, but the less-good songs are stronger than the less-good songs on funeral

The bands sound is more mature ( no more "happy coda's"), but some of the great emotional highs from funeral aren't found so much on Neon Bible

Overall I'm thoroughly satisfied with the album though

Iam really feeling the Arcade Fire now.I didnt buy the first album so they are kind of new too me.But they have a voice from the 60's,instruments from the 30's,an 80's theme,with a present day Indie feel.And it surprisingly comes together to sound so eloquent,dramatic,and rustic.You feel like they are a band that only you and a few others would know about and appreciate.

:headbang Yoko = Class :headbang

Yoko Ono Waives Publishing Rights To Lennon Charity Album

Yoko Ono Yoko Ono has donated the publishing royalties to the entire John Lennon back catalogue in an effort to make sure a new all-star tribute to her husband is a true charity event.

R.E.M, Christina Aguilera and Green Day are among the acts who have recorded Lennon classics for new covers album Instant Karma: The Campaign To Save Darfur.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

I just realized that I really enjoy movies that have actors that were for the first part of their careers were nothing but comedy but decide to do serious movies.Will Ferrell in Stranger than Fiction,Jim Carey in Eternal Sunshine among other serious movies he done,Steve Carrell My Little Sunshine which to me really wasnt a comedy.They just have an edge to them.

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 07:20 AM)
I just realized that I really enjoy movies that have actors that were for the first part of their careers were nothing but comedy but decide to do serious movies.Will Ferrell in Stranger than Fiction,Jim Carey in Eternal Sunshine among other serious movies he done,Steve Carrell My Little Sunshine which to me really wasnt a comedy.They just have an edge to them.

LOL, did the music section look like the movie section today?

I agree with you though.

I dont know if anyone has been watching the car commercial with an english folksy band singing "Twist, Snap.....I love you", but that is I am Kloot. And they are awesome. If you havent checked them out, you need to check out "Gods and Monsters", "Natural History", and their self titled album. Very moody, but I love their style.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 10:45 AM)
BTW: Ono - Yes, I'm A Witch: easily one of the best albums of the first quarter of 07.

Really? Have one of her albums from the 90s and virtually none of her Lennon-era stuff. I'll have to dl some of it. Can you elucidate - what makes it so good?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 07:32 AM)
LOL, did the music section look like the movie section today?

I agree with you though.

I dont know if anyone has been watching the car commercial with an english folksy band singing "Twist, Snap.....I love you", but that is I am Kloot. And they are awesome. If you havent checked them out, you need to check out "Gods and Monsters", "Natural History", and their self titled album. Very moody, but I love their style.

I totally thought I clicked the films thread.Damnit,I find knew ways to ruin my own posts everyday.lol

Anyone listen to Silversun Pickups??

I've been rocking to a song called "Lazy eye". I love songs that begin with a catchy mellow beat and then POW they grab my attention with some unanticipated rocking.

Anybody know if the album is any good.

can check out lazy eye here... http://music.yahoo.com/ar-21971531-videos--Silversun-Pickups

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Really? Have one of her albums from the 90s and virtually none of her Lennon-era stuff. I'll have to dl some of it. Can you elucidate - what makes it so good?

It's a lot of songs from the 70s and 80s redone with modern artists. Some really great tracks, but the album is front loaded.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 06:34 AM)
Anyone listen to Silversun Pickups??

I've been rocking to a song called "Lazy eye". I love songs that begin with a catchy mellow beat and then POW they grab my attention with some unanticipated rocking.

Anybody know if the album is any good.

can check out lazy eye here... http://music.yahoo.com/ar-21971531-videos--Silversun-Pickups

They play that song 8,000 times a day on the radio out here, and I actually think it's a pretty good song, but I swear about 4,000 of the times I heard it, I thought it was a girl singing. :lol:

QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
They play that song 8,000 times a day on the radio out here, and I actually think it's a pretty good song, but I swear about 4,000 of the times I heard it, I thought it was a girl singing. :lol:

Wow I've never heard it on the radio here. I heard them on Leno a while back, but I was in the other room and didn't see them singing. When I got into the room the song was over and I just saw the band standing there. I had thought the girl in the band was the singer until I just recently went and watched the video. I wonder if they'll start getting airplay here. It usually starts out west and moves its way over.

Anybody interested in Sonic Youth?

I picked up tickets for the Pitchfork Festival (friday only) to see them play Daydream Nation in its entirety

I think its really cool to get to hear them play the entire album, considering many of those songs would never get played live on a regular tour

http://pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/Sonic_...n_at_Pitc#41727

Edited by GoRowand33